“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Hinesville
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at in a long time. The staff is extremely friendly. The location is close to Ft. Benning, shopping, and restaurants. I was really impressed with service of all the staff I encountered.

Room Tip: I stayed on the forth floor. There was not any noise with the exception of some street traffic noise...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
There is nothing a hotelier likes to hear more than a guest saying that their hotel was clean. Our Candlewood Suites won the Torchbearer award for 2012, indicating that it is the best kept and presented hotel of its kind. Its comments like this that make us feel that we earned the award.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hudson, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hotel was very clean. Staff was very kind and courteous. Close to Ft. Bliss. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were going to Fort Benning to watch my son graduate from Airbourne School. When we arrived after a long drive, we were greeted by Ms. Shanecca, she worked the front desk. She was very friendly and quickly got us into our room. After getting settled, we went down to the front desk and got exact directions for Ms. Shanecca on how to not only get to the base but also directions to exact location on base that our son was at. She was very nice and made sure that we had everything we needed for our stay. She even helped us pick out a movie from their free movie library for our son to watch.

Our room was great! There was a full size refrigerator with ice maker, over the stove microwave, two burner stove, coffee maker and a toaster. A 4-place setting of dishes and silverware. Along with cooking utensils and pots and pans. There is even a dishwasher. They provide dishwasher soap. There was a dishcloth, dish towel and potholder. They even provided dish soap to wash dishes with also. To my surprise, when I opened the microwave, there was a free bag of popcorn in there. A very nice touch.

The bathroom was very nice. There was a drawer and several cabinet doors to store your personal items. The towels were soft. Loved the adjustable water pressure shower head. The bathroom was large and very clean.

There is a bar/desk in the room we stayed in. There was a very comfortable recliner in the room also. There was a dresser with a nice tv on it. Two very comfortable queen beds. Loved the triple sheets. The room was very clean. The AC work great and was quite. There was an actual closet with a door and iron and ironing board. They even had a laundry basket in the closet for the guests to use. They have on site free laundry. And the wifi worked great.

The pool was nice. There was an outdoor patio area with grills to use.

There is an honor cupboard onsite by the front desk. It was well stocked. They have a small gym and business center.

The only bad thing about our stay was that it was too short. If I go back to Fort Benning, I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The hotel and staff were GREAT. My only issue was the property was located next to a trailer part whose residents played loud music into the late hours of the night. Although we NEVER felt unsafe it was a slight annoyance.
We would stay at this property again. It was $50-$60 dollars cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express two blocks away, and it had all the extended stay features in the rooms.

The front desk personnel were fantastic and super nice!

• Stayed April 2012
Valrico, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 days while visiting our son who also is staying at this hotel for 3 weeks as he is attending Airborne School. All the employees were very friendly, but Jasmine and Sharon were two ladies that stuck out in my mind as being exceptionally nice and helpful. They were patient and helpful with any questions and helping us to get settled. The room was clean and had everything one would want for an extended stay. The only thing I can offer to make a stay better is to replace the shower heads with a low-flow head to increase the flow of the water.

Room Tip: We were happy with our room even though it faced Victory Drive.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Piedmont, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

From the time I spoke with the Visitors Center and was told to call Candlewood Suites on Victory Drive, I have been very pleased. The person that helped me with my reservation to when I had to change to single because my daughter and granddaughter were unable to make the trip were so very helpfull and very pleasant to work with. My check in on Feb 29th was quick and easy as well as my depature on Mar 2nd. The staff at Candlewood Suites were very friendly and willing to assist when needed.
I plan on returning to Columbus, Ga in July 2012 to attend my second grandson's graduation at Ft Benning. I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask questions about location and needs.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I am extremely glad that I had the pleasure for staying in this hotel. The staff was very helpful, patient and professional at all. times. The lobby was clean and room was simply breath taking. I am defiantly recommending this place to all my friends and traveling companions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning? Share your experiences!