“Thank You” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Piedmont, OK
“Thank You”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

From the time I spoke with the Visitors Center and was told to call Candlewood Suites on Victory Drive, I have been very pleased. The person that helped me with my reservation to when I had to change to single because my daughter and granddaughter were unable to make the trip were so very helpfull and very pleasant to work with. My check in on Feb 29th was quick and easy as well as my depature on Mar 2nd. The staff at Candlewood Suites were very friendly and willing to assist when needed.
I plan on returning to Columbus, Ga in July 2012 to attend my second grandson's graduation at Ft Benning. I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask questions about location and needs.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I am extremely glad that I had the pleasure for staying in this hotel. The staff was very helpful, patient and professional at all. times. The lobby was clean and room was simply breath taking. I am defiantly recommending this place to all my friends and traveling companions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

The hotel and staff are wonderful! I travel to the Columbus, GA / Ft. Benning area on a regular basis, and the Candlewood Suites is *always* my destination of choice while in town.

The amenities at the hotel are simply awesome, the rooms are huge with HD televisions, DVD players and a complimentary library of DVDs which is quite expansive.

The staff are the hotel are exceptionally friendly and accommodating. During my recent three week stay I got to know Jazmin, Sharon and Lacy on the front desk extremely well and even found myself greeted every morning, by name, by the managers Alice and John. An entire staff knowing your name is the sort of thing you expect from some sort of super fancy hotel, but it seems that exceptional service comes at the lower prices as well.

Also, the hotel is pet friendly! So my black lab Sergent was welcome in the room!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Slow to no internet and management is not willing to solve issue. Car got damaged and Manager was upstairs and unwilling to come downstairs to talk with the Police officer and myself. Microwave went on the blink so I waited the 5 days only to get no response and get to room after work and they didnt replace the microwave just removed the countertop that they gave me while mine was down. Rooms are too small and have very limited dresser space in the two queen size bedrooms and only one 4 drawer dresser. I will NEVER stay in candlewood suites while on vacation but stuck here because of the job!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

OK the rooms are nice, the people are nice but the area around here is horrible.
Notice the good reviews fail to mention anything about the internet ?? hmmm...
Whoever wrote that you have broadband or cable is false advertising. Its all shared WIFI.
Your absolute max, on a good day, is 40k download speed. Then as people get on it drops fast. To put this in perspective my iphone on 3g gets 80k, yes i measured it.
Like videos on youtube? well forget it, not at this speeds it takes 10min to watch 1 min of video. Games -> dont even think of it. like downloading stuff? forget it. it kicks u off sporadically. Ever download a 900MB movie at 40Kb a sec? do the math...Horrible

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

The staff was amazingly helpful.. the rooms were the by far the best hotel rooms for the money. We had reservations at a nearby hotel and we had to leave for the dirtiness of the room. Candlewood made our stay a pleasant one after all.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We were trying to find a reasonable hotel for one night during the Labor Day weekend, and all the better known chains where our friends were staying were all booked up. So I decided to read the reviews on this site and I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised.
The winning amenity for me was the option of bringing my miniature pinscher. I was apprehensive about staying somewhere that allowed pets but the room was extremely clean. And I liked the option of a full size refrigerator.
William checked us in and out with the upmost professionalism. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Columbus South? Share your experiences!