“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for nephews graduation from Army bootcamp - the price was reasonable and I expected the run of the mill place to lay your head. I was VERY pleasantly surprised.

The work area with comfy office chair was a pure bonus. To have somewhere to work when I needed to complete with ample plug-in space was much appreciated.

One thing I always have an issue with at hotels is enough plug ins for my phone, cpap, white noise maker (cant sleep without it!) and laptop. Usually I'm unplugging lamps and climbing behind furniture to plug in things. NOT HERE! The lamps with plug outlets are BRILLIANT!

The fridge.. much appreciated. Not hard as a board mattress, thank goodness. The "clean remote" , nice touch.

The rooms are very nicely decorated in modern decor and linens was very nice.

And lots of cable channels to boot!

If your looking for a place to stay with the most bang for your buck.. check out Best Western Columbus. Oh and the Mexican restaurant out front was pretty good too!!

• Stayed August 2012
yael s, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Columbus, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I appreciate you taking the time to share with other travelers your experience at our hotel.

We try to exceed our guest's expectations and are glad that we were able to do that. We know you have plenty of choices when traveling and are glad you gave us a chance.

Please stop by and see us anytime you are in the Columbus GA area again. I will be sharing this review with my staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I went down and stayed July 26th - 29th 2012 for family day at Fort Benning. Reserved 2 rooms. They were very nice and very very clean. service was wonderful. pool was very adequate. breakfast very good and eating area very clean. Could not have asked for anything nicer. takes 5 minutes to get to Fort Benning. We have reservations for August 29-31 2012 for Turning Blue and Graduation.

Room Tip: Read Reviews and remember you can't please everyone.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
yael s, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Columbus, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We know you have many choices when traveling.

I will pass on these comments to my staff. We hope if you are ever in the Columbus Ga area again you will visit with us.
Ellenwood, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My daughter and niece stayed at this hotel July 7-8, 2012. They thought it was great. My daughter is a CSU student, so they provided her with a Student rate, which was wonderful. The two really enjoyed their stay and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Columbus, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive. We try to work closely with Columbus State University and are glad to offer a great rate to visitors of the University.

We look forward to welcoming your daughter and niece again.
Punta Cana Excellence
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at this motel June 27-29th. Graduation from Fort Benning. The location is PERFECT! Easy to find your way around. Rooms were ok.. Not super clean but not totally gross. Noise was not a problem, The weather was HOT!! Their pool the first day didnt look like there was a filter running or moving the water. The second day coming home from "family day" the pool was being emptied and refilled.. SERIOUSLY!! This should be done at night so people can use the pool during the day. Poeple were using the pool as the water was filling because of the heat!!
Breakfast in the morning was fine... It saved you time to grab something and go..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad you found the location good and enjoyed our breakfast.

I must apologize that our pool was taken down for maintenance at an inopportune time. I have discussed this with our maintenance staff and agree this should be done when our pool is not in use.

We appreciate all the feedback we receive.
Renton, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We booked this hotel with a free nights cert. we had earned from Best Western. We have stayed at a number of Best Westerns and have not had any troubles. The check in was easy and fast, we arrived early but our room was ready. The hotel is on I-185 in Columbus Ga. If you get a room with an even number, like we did, you have a lot of freeway noise. There are elevators but they are on the odd number rooms side of the hotel. There is a Mexican food restaurant in the parking lot of the hotel, a liquor store near.

The hotel is clean and the bed is a little firm for our tastes but it is an okay place to stay if you are coming to Columbus GA. The staff, David, was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Columbus, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for leaving us feedback. We take the comments of our guests and use them to help us improve.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and if your travels find you back this way please stop by and see us again.

Thank you.
Jabbeke, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from June 5th till June 9th in room 217. This room is on the other site from the I-185 so you do not hear much of the traffic. But you better hope that you do not have neighbours who enter at 1AM and take a bath or use their toilet. If the rooms to your left, right or back use their facilities you will hear it.
We gave an average because the breakfast is good. There are meat biscuits to warm in the micro, waffels, fruit, different juices, boiled eggs, .... This hotel has no guest laundry. Also we are used to stay at Best Western hotels where the rooms are better maintained.
Do not expect to get extra information from John, front desk attendant. He thinks it is normal that people look at the paper cover of the roomkey to get the code for the wifi and that you have to put the TV on channel 3 with the white remote and then change channels with the black remote.
We will not stay again at this hotel at the price we had to pay (average 77,66$)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that your stay was less than perfect. We are always looking for guest feedback on ways to improve and appreciate the time you took to write this review.

With the information you have given us we can then use it to train the staff to better suit the needs of our guests, as well as deal with maintainence issues that can arise.

Thank you again and please give us an opportunity to show you what great customer care is.
Douglasville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I could have sworn the website said the hotel had a gym... no. It has ACCESS to a gym which means getting the key from the front desk and walking to a gym and I don't really like walking around in towns I don't know, by myself. My room's wall was like a sheet of paper. I could literally hear somebody's every footstep as they came down from the top floor while I was trying to sleep. Two men ended up painting the sidewalk right outside my room and basically told me that I could be trapped inside while it dried or go somewhere for a while (I wasn't very happy with that). The room was very clean though and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Just try not to get a room right by the stairs...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family