“it was ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Punta Cana Excellence
“it was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at this motel June 27-29th. Graduation from Fort Benning. The location is PERFECT! Easy to find your way around. Rooms were ok.. Not super clean but not totally gross. Noise was not a problem, The weather was HOT!! Their pool the first day didnt look like there was a filter running or moving the water. The second day coming home from "family day" the pool was being emptied and refilled.. SERIOUSLY!! This should be done at night so people can use the pool during the day. Poeple were using the pool as the water was filling because of the heat!!
Breakfast in the morning was fine... It saved you time to grab something and go..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Columbus, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad you found the location good and enjoyed our breakfast.

I must apologize that our pool was taken down for maintenance at an inopportune time. I have discussed this with our maintenance staff and agree this should be done when our pool is not in use.

We appreciate all the feedback we receive.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Renton, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We booked this hotel with a free nights cert. we had earned from Best Western. We have stayed at a number of Best Westerns and have not had any troubles. The check in was easy and fast, we arrived early but our room was ready. The hotel is on I-185 in Columbus Ga. If you get a room with an even number, like we did, you have a lot of freeway noise. There are elevators but they are on the odd number rooms side of the hotel. There is a Mexican food restaurant in the parking lot of the hotel, a liquor store near.

The hotel is clean and the bed is a little firm for our tastes but it is an okay place to stay if you are coming to Columbus GA. The staff, David, was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Columbus, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for leaving us feedback. We take the comments of our guests and use them to help us improve.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and if your travels find you back this way please stop by and see us again.

Thank you.
Jabbeke, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from June 5th till June 9th in room 217. This room is on the other site from the I-185 so you do not hear much of the traffic. But you better hope that you do not have neighbours who enter at 1AM and take a bath or use their toilet. If the rooms to your left, right or back use their facilities you will hear it.
We gave an average because the breakfast is good. There are meat biscuits to warm in the micro, waffels, fruit, different juices, boiled eggs, .... This hotel has no guest laundry. Also we are used to stay at Best Western hotels where the rooms are better maintained.
Do not expect to get extra information from John, front desk attendant. He thinks it is normal that people look at the paper cover of the roomkey to get the code for the wifi and that you have to put the TV on channel 3 with the white remote and then change channels with the black remote.
We will not stay again at this hotel at the price we had to pay (average 77,66$)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that your stay was less than perfect. We are always looking for guest feedback on ways to improve and appreciate the time you took to write this review.

With the information you have given us we can then use it to train the staff to better suit the needs of our guests, as well as deal with maintainence issues that can arise.

Thank you again and please give us an opportunity to show you what great customer care is.
Douglasville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I could have sworn the website said the hotel had a gym... no. It has ACCESS to a gym which means getting the key from the front desk and walking to a gym and I don't really like walking around in towns I don't know, by myself. My room's wall was like a sheet of paper. I could literally hear somebody's every footstep as they came down from the top floor while I was trying to sleep. Two men ended up painting the sidewalk right outside my room and basically told me that I could be trapped inside while it dried or go somewhere for a while (I wasn't very happy with that). The room was very clean though and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Just try not to get a room right by the stairs...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

All goes OK until you make a claim to the front desk attendant.
My daughter took a separate room for the last night of our trip and when she went up to the room she walked in on naked people on the bed. She went back to the front desk and John (front desk attendant) dismissed her claim and was very rude to her.
When I came back and found out what had happened, I walked over to the front desk myself to ask him what /why did that happened and he totally got on rude mode with me.
I asked him to call to the manager and he said NO, she is off for the day.
Very bad customer handling skills - I know for a fact, that every good manager wants to know when something is not going well in their domain, right away.
I later find out that he did call her when I left, to give her his side of the story.
Note:
Manager never contacted me to hear my side.
Bad management! That may explain why Mr. clerk felt so confident when, after I requested him to contact the manager/ he refused and he said to me" that's right ma'am. I refuse to contact her".
I contacted the main office and put in an official complaint, the lady I talked to, was horrified herself when I told her what happened. She also said the manager will contact me (when?)
I have also contacted the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.
I must mention that the check-out clerk (Brandon) did and said the right thing in the right way to smooth out my disappointment.
I can deal with many "oops", but this time...
... I am done with Best Western hotels.
By the way; that room my daughter was given the key for?
had been checked in since the night before.

Maria Badik
from PA.

Room Tip: Top floor, people throw cigarettes and spit over the balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
yael s, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Columbus, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time today to speak to me about your experience at the Best Western in Columbus. I am very sorry that your daughter had a bad experience while here, and that the complaint was not handled in a proffessional manner.

Thanks again for your time today.
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

The staff were very helpful.The hotel was easy to get to ocs graduation at Ft. Benning.Very conveniently located nearby (restaurants,all kind stores in the area. I like the full breakfast bar spread.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
yael s, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Columbus, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us feedback. We use the feedback you give to improve our guest experiene. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. We also know you have many choices when traveling and want to thank you for choosing the Best Western. When another opportunity leads you to Columbus, GA I hope you will choose use once again.
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for two reasons, the price and the distance from Fort Benning. The hotel was about 20 mins from Ft. Benning, easy to get to for OCS graduation. The hotel is close to anything you could want from restaurants to department stores. The hotel is set back from the main road, but just look for the big Best Western sign/Spanish restaurant that is directly infront of it. Sure there are other hotels closer to Ft. Benning, but they could not compete with price or reputation of Best Western Hotels. I am glad I choose to stay at Best Western Columbus vs. the other hotels.

Room Tip: Just a side note if you are a light sleeper, better to bring your ear plugs, as you can hear the tra...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Columbus? Share your experiences!