“Great Hotel for Business” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Ft. Benning Offer
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Saraland, Alabama
“Great Hotel for Business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have stayed here a few times this year for business. Hyatt's have a tendency to have the best breakfasts. This location has these amazing breakfast sandwiches (I could eat them all day if I could). The rooms are quite large and roomy, and the TV is large and in charge. As always, the rooms are very clean and professional looking upon arrival. Showers are hot and satisfying. The staff I have encountered are friendly in person, but can sound droning and uninterested on the phone.

For personal trips, this would be a great place for couples. I would have taken my fiance here tomorrow, but Hyatt is not known to be pet-friendly (although, the Hyatt Regency Northwest Atlanta is). It's a $150 non-refundable fee for cleaning (understandable, but I would adopt at least a $50/night model like the Hyatt Regency locations do; $50/stay in the case of the Hyatt Regency Northwest Atlanta). And, they are harsher on cats. They have to be fixed AND stay in a cage the whole stay. Lame. But this won't affect my score since this is strictly a business hotel for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
ARLINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hyatt Place is my favorite chain, and this is still an excellent property, 3.5 years after my first stay. Friendly staff, enormous room. I like the new breakfast skillet options, but my favorite offering is the plentiful fresh fruit. It's also wonderful to get real plates, real cups, real cutlery for breakfast. They were nice enough to accommodate a late checkout so I could attend an online class that ended in early afternoon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Complimentary breakfast mediocre, daytime staff ok, but no eye contact, all business. If you want coffee after complimentary breakfast hours, you will pay for it. So great spot, but there has to be better options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was here for the Soldier Marathon. As you might guess, marathoners tend to go to bed around 9 pm. There were bus loads of teenage cheerleaders staying at the hotel at the same time. The young ladies had an excess of energy (from what I could see in the hallways and elevators)...but the front desk clerk was aware of this and told us if we had any problems, to call immediately, and it would be taken care of. The rooms were so wonderfully soundproof, though, there was no need to call.

And the room was HUGE! As big as my first college apartment. We had a standard room, and it had a small wet bar in the corner. (No minibar, but this was not expected). Small fridge and coffee maker in the bar area.

The morning front desk clerk also blessedly had directions to the marathon...I had been overly reliant on my new phone, which wasn't picking up the location. The sweet lady at the desk knew exactly where it was, and gave us printed directions.

As others have noted, there are several popular chain restaurants in easy walking distance.

I would stay here again. The service at the front desk made all the difference.

• Stayed November 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

when i got there the lady at the front desk was new and a little confused. Patrick again assisted me jumped right in and got her on the right page. All the staff there are very friendly and willing to help with anything you need.Again the carpet is a mess but the staff's friendlness and abitilty to make me feel welcome keeps me coming back.Thank you Patrick for the razor and shaving cream!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My daughter's soccer team was lucky to book this hotel after the previous team didn't make it to the state cup, it was the best thing that had ever happened. We have never experienced such team of staff dedicated to make sure we were well taken care of. They opened breakfast early when our team needed an earlier breakfast time. We made sure we came back every year and every year, the staff was outstanding. They have spoiled our team in that no other hotel in our travel experience has ever treated our team with so much warm hospitality. The room are huge and accomodates all our families and players. I give this hotel and its staff high marks; more than any other place I have been to. They may not be a physically "5 star" hotel but the staff makes it better than any 5 star hotels that I have been to.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Just stayed one night 9/5 to let my son recover from knee surgery before 3 hour drive back to college. Hotel is minutes from Hughston Clinic-very convenient. They allowed us early check in at 11am -that was a lifesaver coming straight from hospital! Entire staff bent over backwards to assist us with whatever we needed-- very quick check in,calling the elevator, closing car doors, etc., just the little things that made it easier to move with crutches. King size ADA room was clean, both bed and sofa bed were comfy, partial wall between areas offered privacy, but we could both enjoy the big TV. Breakfast was good, nice to have real silverware and dishes instead of the usual plastic/paper. Again the staff made sure my son was comfortable, put him at bar to eat since he couldn't bend his leg, offered to refill his plate and drink. Front desk staff greeted me by name every time I went by. Would definetly stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Columbus - North? Share your experiences!