“another great stay!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 45 hotels in Columbus
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“another great stay!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

when i got there the lady at the front desk was new and a little confused. Patrick again assisted me jumped right in and got her on the right page. All the staff there are very friendly and willing to help with anything you need.Again the carpet is a mess but the staff's friendlness and abitilty to make me feel welcome keeps me coming back.Thank you Patrick for the razor and shaving cream!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My daughter's soccer team was lucky to book this hotel after the previous team didn't make it to the state cup, it was the best thing that had ever happened. We have never experienced such team of staff dedicated to make sure we were well taken care of. They opened breakfast early when our team needed an earlier breakfast time. We made sure we came back every year and every year, the staff was outstanding. They have spoiled our team in that no other hotel in our travel experience has ever treated our team with so much warm hospitality. The room are huge and accomodates all our families and players. I give this hotel and its staff high marks; more than any other place I have been to. They may not be a physically "5 star" hotel but the staff makes it better than any 5 star hotels that I have been to.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Just stayed one night 9/5 to let my son recover from knee surgery before 3 hour drive back to college. Hotel is minutes from Hughston Clinic-very convenient. They allowed us early check in at 11am -that was a lifesaver coming straight from hospital! Entire staff bent over backwards to assist us with whatever we needed-- very quick check in,calling the elevator, closing car doors, etc., just the little things that made it easier to move with crutches. King size ADA room was clean, both bed and sofa bed were comfy, partial wall between areas offered privacy, but we could both enjoy the big TV. Breakfast was good, nice to have real silverware and dishes instead of the usual plastic/paper. Again the staff made sure my son was comfortable, put him at bar to eat since he couldn't bend his leg, offered to refill his plate and drink. Front desk staff greeted me by name every time I went by. Would definetly stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Englewood, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed Aug 31 thru Sep 4. Sheet on mattress pad kept slipping, causing the pad to move and become lumpy. Terrible sleeping until I re-made the bed myself. Water in the sink offered no cold water! Not good for brushing teeth. Not sure sheets had been changed on sofa-bed.
For breakfast the Egg-McMuffin tasted mostly like cardboard. We are staying again Oct 12-15. Hope it is better; otherwise we will go to other hotels the next time. AC was on, but too cold for no blanket; yet too warm for comforter. Difficult to "get it right."

Room Tip: Ask to have sofa bed sheets re-freshed. Check water from faucets. Ask to have king bed re-made.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Belleair, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

i will start by saying how great the staff is.....but mgmt is terrible and they have an inadequate customer service policy....right on up to the corporate level. this stay has changed our opinion of hyatt as a company. long story short.....we travel all day and get to the hotel late(10:30pm)...my wife gets up at 5am and takes a....cold shower?? she notify's staff and they are very concerned and looking into it but mgmt won't be in until 9am. at 7am i take a COLD shower. we tell staff and they are 'falling on themselves concerned'. they give us a # to call mgmt(tosha) later. my wife complains to mgmt that it is "painful" to travel all day, get little sleep and wake up to a COLD shower. hers started off warm and went to cold quickly....i wasn't so lucky. they offer us $40 off for the night which would put our rate at $82....as nice as the facility is....it is not acceptable to pay $82 plus all the taxes that go with it if we couldn't take a hot shower. all we wanted was a clean,comfortable place to sleep and a HOT shower.....after all....that's why we opted to pay more($122pn) and stay at the hyatt for ft. benning graduation. they provided HALF of what we wanted and expected from the hyatt. i also declined any discount so i could receive points on my 'hyatt gold passport' account. we thought that their offer of $40 was not good enough with no guarantee it wouldn't happen again, so we cancelled the next night's stay and went to the marriott.....more expensive(but recommended). by the way...we returned from the grad ceremony around 4pm and were told that the maintenance man had gone in at 2pm(shows their level of concern) and there was hot water. i checked it....it was luke-warm at best and expected given it's late afternoon in mid-august. our decision to leave was easy.......unfortunately. i'll be reviewing my 'hyatt gold passport' membership status as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed here while visiting a friend stationed at Ft Benning..staff was friendly and professional from the moment I checked in..got the queen double suite..very spacious..clean and enticing..lots of clean and white towels..big small and medium..so did not have the problem to keep having to ask for much..the 42 inch big screen tv was a definite plus as I visited the weekend of the beginning of the Olympics..great restaurants in walking distance to hotel..Texas Roadhouse is literally on the same property and I had a great loaded baked potato and steak dinner..the hotel serves great breakfast and has a well stocked bar..also the pastries and sandwiches are served up 24 hours..the pizza was good and the Starbucks on property is a plus..overall a very memorable stay..very economic for a place of such high quality..only complaint was the pool, which seemed bigger than it really was from pics shown online..and it was packed everyday..I'm due back in two weeks and plan on staying here again..Columbus ga rocks..great getaway from the hustle and bustle of the big city of Houston..

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front gives u a few of the restaurants and was very quiet considering traffic o...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for over a week in June. The staff was incredibly professional, courteous, and went beyond expectation to make our stay comfortable. The room was spacious and clean with a nice decor . . . a microwave and a frig! I particularly liked the coffee bar in the lobby where freshly brewed coffee was available 24 hours a day! I come to Columbus several times a year, and I plan to always stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Columbus - North? Share your experiences!