“Decent Hotel Scary Location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fort Benning

You added Hotel Fort Benning to your Saves list
Hotel Fort Benning
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3662 Victory Drive, Columbus, GA 31909 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning)   |
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Phoenix, Arizona
“Decent Hotel Scary Location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

Stayed at this location like most people for a Ft Benning Graduation. I arrived around 11 pm and driving thru the neighborhood was a bit scary. Very seedy, and a run down go go lounge next door. Almost changed my mind and was going to turn around and hit a hotel off the freeway. I was tired tho so decided to take a chance. Outside of hotel was pleasant. As I was unpacking my car I was approached by a large man asking for money. I told him I had none he gave me a look and walked away. Nothing happened but could have turned ugly. Service was good front desk clerk was friendly (have to love those southern accents). Room was fine nothing special but it was clean and had a Fridge (which made a loud noise for about a hour in middle of night). Pets are allowed and yes you can hear them,in fact I could hear the gentleman next door snoring (not sure how his wife puts up with that) Breakfast was a waffle maker some cereal and muffins and biscuits and gravy. Best thing is location to Ft Benning tho maybe a five minute drive.

Room Tip: Very close to Ft Benning
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer W, Manager at Hotel Fort Benning, responded to this review, January 12, 2015
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. Even if you were not blown away with WOW from our service, you took time out of your busy day to leave us an honest review on your stay. We appreciate that so much. We do realize that the surrounding neighborhood is not exactly the best; however, South Columbus is working on making this an even better place than it already is. It really looks more rough than it actually is. I am not sure what accents you are talking about, just kidding, we all know we are very Southern here. It seems some of our walls may be thinner than others and allow more noises through; however, we hope that you did get a good night's sleep. We are working on doing some updating and hopefully you will be able to come stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
northern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

Home away from home. We stayed here for our sons Graduation from Fort Benning . The staff was more than helpful and really made our stay enjoyable and took a lot of stress out of a very long trip from coffee by the pool with strangers that felt like family to conversing with the owner Duke. If you have a son or daughter graduating I would highly recommend Suburban Extended Stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We do appreciate it. This is what we love hearing most. Families relaxing and making friends with other families. It provides an atmoshphere here that is nothing like staying in a hotel. Even for our employees, it is like being around a whole lot of family and that is how we like it here. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and can only hope you will be able to do so again soon. Thank you.
Aledo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed here twice Ina three week span. Both times the staff were outstanding. The accommodations and the overall friendly atmosphere were very refreshing. On the first stay, we were cooking dinner in the outside pavilion. We had forgotten to get charcoal for the grills. My husband asked the owner, Duke, were we could go and purchase some. He graciously gave us what he had.
Any family that is traveling to Fort Benning, this is a friendly, comfortable, and close place to stay. The base is only about 2 miles away.
We couldn't have asked for a better place.
Thank you Duke and all of your staff for the welcome.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad choice.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you were able to avail yourself of some of the amenities we have to offer, such as our grill under the gazebo. We love to see families gather and even meet other families and sometimes make lifelong friends while relaxing and grilling in our backyard. It is something we take much pride in. We do hope that you are able to come stay with us again sometime in the near future.
Hahira, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

It is very rare to find a decent room at a decent price, well this hotel has an Excellent Price for a very spacious room. The rooms are VERY clean and neat! My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights and it was the best stay we`ve had at a hotel in a long time. I would recommend it to anyone! The staff is very nice and helpful, even the owner himself welcomed us to his hotel!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and we appreciate you taking the time to leave one. We are so happy to see how happy you were staying with us. Our owner, Duke, loves to meet and socialize with our guests and we are happy that you were happy to meet him. We hope that you will get a chance to come stay with us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

I have stayed here two time now and it has been a great experience. I came up to see my husband in the military and they have been great i was even able to prepare meals in there kitchen set up, next time i will prob be bring my dog with me and they are fine with this they have rooms set aside for pets and for non pets. I loved it

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for leaving us this review. We love to hear from our repeat guests, especially when they are telling us we are doing a good job. Thank you for sharing and we hope that you get to come stay with us again.
Smyrna, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

I have stayed at this property five times in five years, once per year. I stay because it's close to the National Infantry Museum where the Soldier Marathon starts and finishes but I think their main market is military families moving to Benning who need a place for a few days or a few weeks. It's a very good place to stay. Rooms are larger than normal and every room I have had has had not just a small fridge but a kitchenette type of area, small sink, 10 cup coffee maker with coffee, etc. They also have some dishes in the cabinets. The place is cleaned and well maintained. It's especially well maintained considering that it is also pet friendly. Nothing really negative to say except that on my last stay their Wifi was on the weak side. That is not deal breaker.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We especially love to hear from our repeat guests. We do cater to mostly military and their families since we are so close to Ft. Benning. We love having these families stay with us. It makes us a part of their family while we are enjoying these families come together for graduations and such. It is an experience that we never get tired of.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is older but CLEAN! They have redone the rooms and updated the hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. We booked a pet room and it was right next to the exit door. The grounds are nice and kept up. The breakfast was a great grab and go. It is very close to the entrance gate for Ft Benning - about 7 minutes. Did I tell you it was CLEAN?? and quiet!!! Staying with the crew (3 rooms) for graduation. Great value! Thank you!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are getting a little up in age (6 years) and we are working on some renovations such as carpet and bedding updates. We do of course still do everything possible to provide a safe and clean environment for our guests. Thank you so much for letting us know we are doing a good job.

Been to Hotel Fort Benning? Share your experiences!