“A Soldier's Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning

You added Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning
3662 Victory Drive, Columbus, GA 31909 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay - Columbus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Indio, California
“A Soldier's Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here for my 36 hour pass that I was granted at the end of Week 9 in the U.S. Army Infantry School.

The upside:
The rate was reasonable, my room was clean and spacious. Having that space and solitude made for an excellent 36 hours of recuperation. I loved the fridge, microwave, and stove. Made it so I could go grocery shopping for some foods I hadn't eaten in MONTHS, like ice cream and pizza, and enjoy them in my room. The management also let my friend Dave and I use their full kitchen so we could enjoy some true home cooking (Dave and I were both chefs before enlisting.) The outdoor pool was nice, and the gazebo made for a great place to have birthday cake with a couple other Soldiers and their families that drove up. (Mine was way too far away.) At the end of my stay, I encountered an issue from back home that needed my attention, and the General Manager, Kimbi, not only let me check out late and deal with it; she was willing to go the extra mile by calling my leadership at Ft. Benning and tell them what was going on. She made sure I was taken care of all the way 'til I got back to Fort Benning.

The downside:
There was a major youth soccer rally happening that weekend, with the hotel booked solid, and a TON of kids running around the lobby screaming and jumping off the furniture. It would have been nice if the staff and the chaperones restored some sort of order to the lobby and common areas. One amenity I was looking forward to using was the USO room for military and their families. That restriction wasn't enforced, and the kids were running and throwing things in there, too. As a result, it was not only annoying, but also made the common and USO areas way messier than they needed to be. That's the only reason I'm giving this place four circles instead of five.

Overall:
I would highly recommend this place to anyone headed TO Fort Benning for a graduation, or headed FROM Fort Benning to get away for a little bit. For those recruits looking to save money by rooming with other people, please take my advice and room alone...it's worth the extra $$ to not deal with someone else's crap and noise for the night. Also, for Pete's sake, don't do something stupid that's going to get your 36 hour pass revoked (or "not earned" as the Drill Sergeants put it).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer A, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It has actually been a little while since you have stayed with us and we have made quite a few changes. We have added some new amenities for our guests such as horseshoes and basketball. We are currently adding a volleyball court to our front yard. We no longer have the USO located here; however, we are just as soldier friendly as always. I do apologize that your stay was not as perfect as you would have liked, with all the soccer kids here. We do try to keep everyone happy and accommodate everyone's needs, though sometimes that goal seems higher than others. We do appreciate your feedback and hope that you get a chance to come stay with us again. We are under new management and making improvements every day. A large part of those improvements are made based on our guest reviews and we enjoy having the chance to show that we are paying attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. This is my second stay here and I have never been disappointed. The staff here are all extremely accommodating and so nice. The rooms are clean, they have any resource you could ask for and it's less expensive then other hotels with an amazing staff that makes you feel at home. I recommend this hotel above all others.

• Stayed February 2013
Jennifer A, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks for the great review. We love having our guests stay here as much as our guests love staying here. We are so lucky to have the wonderful guests that we do and we appreciate each and every one of you. We also appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The staff was amazing and friendly. The owner was amazing. His knowledge was most helpful. This is where I will stay again when we are in town. Military friendly. great location for Fort Benning. and Sandhill. accommodate children with outdoor games and movie nites.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It makes us so happy to see that our guests were happy with us. We strive to ensure every guest who stays with us feels like this is their home. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself here and hope that you get a chance to come stay with us again.
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were at Ft. Benning for our son's graduation - we are so propud of him - and chose this hotel at the suggestions of another family on base. It was terrific. The GM took special care of us, and we so enjoyed the whole stay. Ouyr room was terrific with a kitchen and lots of space, adn we enjoyed it all. It's a place we can recommend absolutely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer A, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We love hearing from our guests and we certainly love hearing such postive feedback. More than anything we want our guests to enjoy their time in Columbus and here at Suburban. We hope you get a chance to come back and stay with us again.
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

One of the most accommodating, and friendliest staffs I have ever experienced. Very nice rooms, and facilities at a price you can't beat. I would highly recommend Suburban Extended Stay of Columbus to anyone looking for a first class place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer A, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. We hope that you get a chance to come stay with us again.
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at suburban in columbus ga the rooms were very clean and the front desk were very nice and friendly and helful answer you any question or concerns.
housekeeping were nice to did a nice job keeping my room tidy up and all the staff treat you like home and the breakfast was great to thank you for your great service while i was staying here and visting ft benning

Room Tip: I would recommend this place to anyone coming to this area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jennifer A, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. More than anything, I like to read reviews from our guest that tell us how they feel at home with us. We want all of our guests to have experiences like yours when they are staying with us. We hope that you get the chance to come stay with us again.
Lexington, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel. Very clean, nice breakfast, pool, outside area for games, pet area. outside BBQ patio gazebo. Friendly helpful staff, lots of parking. Close to FT.Benning, But quite a drive to good resturants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always happy to hear that people enjoyed spending time in our backyard with the amenities we offer. Thank you so much for taking time to leave us your review.

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning? Share your experiences!