“A Great Family Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning

Save Saved
You added Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning
3662 Victory Drive, Columbus, GA 31909 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay - Columbus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 45 hotels in Columbus
Owosso, MI
“A Great Family Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in a pet friendly room September 12, before the graduation of our son from boot camp at Fort Benning. We brought his dog and his girlfriend. The beds were clean and comfortable. The pet area was great for the dog. It would have been better had some owners cleaned up after their dogs. Th fenced yard and grills by the patio were perfect for family dinners at a better price than restaurants. Also the in room kitchenette was good. Complimentary continental breakfast was fine. The proximity to Fort Benning is excellent. We had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer A, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Fort Benning, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We appreciate that our guests give us feedback in order for us to make improvements for the next guest’s stay or for your next stay. I am very happy to hear to that you enjoyed having the pet area. This is a new addition to our hotel and it is nice to see that guests are enjoying having it. We are looking into ways to prompt pet owners to be more responsible about cleaning up after their own pets. I am happy to hear that you had a chance to appreciate the back yard, gazebo, and grills. We love knowing that our guests had a great time while they were here. We certainly hope that if you are in the area again, that you will once again choose to stay with us. Again, thank you for the wonderful review.

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Clarksville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Horrible experience...we were here for our sons basic training graduation. 3 night stay. Multiple rooms with famiy and friends staying as well. Our room was nasty. We arrived late so the next morning mentioned it, they cleaned the wrong room. Husband told front desk...they moved us. New room, bathroom just as dirty, throwup in one of the closets. Worst thing....hubby found one of the AIT grads wallets outside and asked the asst mgr to please call him down so he could give him his wallet. Being a soldier, the knows the risk of handing over a wallet with military info inside. He even explained this to the asst mgr. She had a fit...said she took offense, even with him calmly explaining to her why it was his duty as a soldier and "officer" to hand this back in person. As he was walking away she called him an [--]. Everything got worse from there with her mouth going nonstop. We asked to speak to the owner, whom we had seen many times around the hotel the previous days, but now he was MIA. He was called and told we would like to speak with him..we were told the next day that he showed up really late and left really early. Wow...I guess his guests were not worth his time when there are problems. WE will never stay here again! Even the free "nasty" breakfast was not worth the problems, dirt, throwup, and rudeness of this place! The hotel itself is not up to par at all. Huge stains on the carpets and floors, dirt everywhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We always appreciate reviews from our guests, so thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize first of all for the state of the room you first checked into. This was poor oversight on our side and we have certainly addressed this issue with our staff. That is definitely not the standard that we strive to achieve and we do want our guests to stay in clean and comfortable rooms. The wallet that was found outside did not belong to a registered guest. As we have many wonderful military families that stay with us and will a lot of times bring home their soldiers’ friends with their soldier, we did want to do everything in our power to return the wallet to its owner. We did ask that the wallet was left in our staff’s care because that is the first place that a guest or a friend of a guest will check when they have lost an item. When it was refused to leave the wallet with our staff we still did everything to our ability to ensure the wallet was returned to its rightful owner. We knew that one of our guests had several soldiers that were with her son when they arrived; therefore, we contacted her to find out if the soldier was with her group. Thankfully, it turned out that he was. This guest felt very offended, as a mother of a soldier, in the way she was spoken to when she assured your husband that this soldier was with her and he refused to turn over the wallet. She contacted the owner of the wallet and asked him to please hurry and arrive to receive the wallet. We did call your room as soon as the soldier arrived. For our guests’ safety, we cannot give a room number or send another guest or non-guest to a guest’s room. We therefore asked that the wallet be brought down to the soldier at the front desk. When this was at first refused, we had no choice other than to inform your husband that we would have to contact the police to confiscate the wallet if he would not return it to the rightful owner. We do not want any situation to escalate to this point; however, when we cannot receive cooperation, calling the police would be our only next course of action. At no time, did we mean to offend you, your husband, or your family and I am truly apologetic that this is the way this situation was perceived. We strive to give the same level of service and friendliness to all of our guests regardless of their association with the armed forces or their rank within. I sincerely hope that you and your husband will understand our situation in this and...
Nevada, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The hotel was nice on the outside until you get to the pile of garbage by the front door. The lady GM has her family working there. Seems very ghetto. I am retired military but unless you look like your active military the owner doesn't speak. The little lady in the breakfast room was rude and for an hour or so only lets certain people in. The food was cold, the orange juice and milk was empty. The room had dust bunnies, trash under the sink, mold in the bathroom. What makes it worse is the housekeeping staff are quite rude. Never again. I actually moved down the road to Holiday Inn which the room was GREAT, the staff even BETTER!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Clean,big rooms,everything works,great location-convenient to everything,quiet.
Friendly helpful staff.
Appreciates young men and women and families who protect our country.
Innkeeper on top of everything,ever present,goes beyond call to be helpful.
Great property.
Not a better bed at any price!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Duke (innkeeper) certainly tries to meet or greet as many guests as possible. We enjoy what we do here and it is our wonderful guests that make us enjoy it so much.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My stay was on Saturday, August 18th while in Columbus to attend a gala at the Natl Infantry Museum & Soldier Ctr. The 1st thing I noticed upon entering the hotel was the clean & bright lobby. Off the main lobby were some nice meeting rooms. The owner, Duke Doubleday, has personalized the showcase in the lobby area by displaying letters, photographs, awards, and patriotic items associated with his military career and his work with military families. Books of interest are also available to be checked out by guests. The first floor has a nice laundry area and exercise room. My room was on the first floor and had a very nice view of the beautiful salt-water pool and outdoor pavilion with 2 outdoor grills and attractive yard furniture. A veranda runs the length of one side of the hotel and is furnished with rocking chairs and ceiling fans, and the large oak trees provide nice shade. My room was clean, comfortable & quiet, and I would definitely recommend this hotel for families who need the convenience of a kitchenette. The pleasant outdoor area is a gathering place for families who are visiting their loved ones at Ft. Benning and allows them to mingle with other guests. It was nice to see the warm camaraderie among families and soldiers. This hotel is a good bargain with some better-than-expected amenities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Our stay while leaving GA for a PCS move was terrible. The pet friendly room we stayed in had not been treated for fleas. Within a few hours I could see that my white dog had fleas crawling on her, from across the room. The front desk moved us to another room but it took hrs to get it ready. We therefore had to load up all of our luggage,our 4mo son and everything associated with him and leave until the room was ready. During that time the dogs were bathed and treated for the fleas. Upon returning, we settled into the new room. During this time I strolled my son through out the first floor for a couple of hours to keep him subdued. The owner, "duke" Doubleday gave a boisterous greeting to everyone he saw except me and my son. He passed several times without making so much as a head nod. Maybe this was because I am not a shaved head private who has his his obscenely loud and annoying family there visiting. If duke wasn't a silver star and ARCOM "v" recipient I would say he was scared to talk to the guy with a beard pushing a baby stroller. That is not the case so I will just assume he is rude. To add to the rampant unprofessionalism, the woman attending the feont desk had a male friend, dressed in workout clothes, leaning on the counter talking to her for hours, even going so far as to stand at the front desk and order chineese food for him. After returning from our stroll, I found that the dogs once again had fleas all over them. My wife again complained, this time to the owner, who replied I'm sorry about that. Might I mention that no one ever entered the previous room to treat it during this time. To add to the poor cleanliness, during my stroll I passed a lone French fry in the middle of a hallway that the cleaning staff and mr doubleday had passed at least a dozen times. The fry was still there when we checked out, trampled by that time. We resolved that moving to another room or hotel for just a few hrs would only be a big headache. After finally getting to sleep with the obscenely loud romper stomp fest on the second floor, for the second night in a row, we woke up sweating at 3am to find that our ac had not been working. It was in fact cooler in the hallway. Needless to say we were sick of the place and decided to get an early start on the drive to NC. When my wife checked out, the slovenly night manager refused to look at her, did not care how our stay was and the few words he spoke to her we're to ask for payment. If mr Doubleday or any representative of the hotel wishes to contact me to discuss the matter I welcome it. The guest in room 143, 23-24AUG, use that contact information. Thank you, CPT H. US ARMY.

• Stayed August 2012
I would like to thank you for your review. Although you did not have a great stay with us we still appreciate any and all feedback. We depend on our guests to let us know where we are not doing our best. I certainly apologize for anything that was wrong in your room and we definitely do not want you believing that we consider fleas in the room acceptable. I apologize that our staff did not recognize this problem in the room before your arrival. We have discussed this with our staff and have used this feedback for training purposes. I certainly would like you to know that we did treat the room that we moved you from immediately. I would also like to apologize that you did not feel acknowledged by Mr. Doubleday. He sincerely appreciates all of our guests; military or non-military. Our front desk staff was actually socializing with one of our extended stay guests. This guest has been staying with us for quite a long time and often stays around the front desk speaking with our staff in the evening. He has become a part of our “family” here and I apologize if it seemed unprofessional for him to stay at the desk for a long period of time. He does like to spend his evenings socializing with our staff rather than staying in the room. I understand how this might look like a different situation, I just want you to understand that we strive to be professional; however, we also like all of our guests to feel at home with us. I know that once one thing goes wrong anything else going wrong is just an accumulation and can make your stay no way close to what you are expecting or looking for. I am so sorry that this was one of those stays for you. I hope that if you are ever in the area again, that you will consider giving us another try. I want you to know that this type of experience is not the normal experience for our guests and we would like for you to have the kind of stay that our guests are used to having with us. If you are in the area and would consider giving us another chance to show you the “real” us, I would love for you to contact me personally about your reservation. I am the Assistant General Manager and would be more than happy to help you with future accommodations.
Bainbridge Island, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The room was very dirty as I had splattered stains on the walls. The clean towels for the pool were stained all in yellow streaks. The continental breakfast was pathetic as there was nothing to choose from and the busciuts and gravy were so bad I had to toss it I could have used it for a hockey puck and I have no idea what the coffee was made out of. The lady behind the counter was ice cold and made me feel like I was a total bother to her. The staff was unprofessional and cold would never go there ever again We went to another hotel and feel like I went from hell to heaven

Room Tip: dont ever go as this was a nightmare