“BED BUGS! No customer service!! FAKE 5 STAR REVIEWS” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Cibolo, Texas
“BED BUGS! No customer service!! FAKE 5 STAR REVIEWS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Bed bugs!!!! We informed the front desk about our concerns that there were bed bugs in our room after our first night. We were assured that all bedding would be replaced with clean ones and maintenance would inspect the room for bed bugs and we would be moved if bed bugs were found! After returning from our son's basic training graduation, we were assured that the room was clean and bug free. After our second night, my wife was covered in bites. Some became infected and left permanent scars. Their parent company Marriott, the Hotel Management and their insurance company (Chubb Services) have been less then apologetic. Marriott Cares passes the buck to the hotel, the hotel doesn’t even acknowledge the issue and referred us to a claim with their insurance company Chubb services who like any insurance company, is giving us the run around.
Not a single one of the three has offered to reimburse us for our stay or replace our luggage that had to be thrown out in order to avoid contaminating our home. So, to summarize, we spent over $200 to be eaten in our sleep. Had to throw out two very good pieces of luggage and my wife has to live with the physical and emotional scars. SHAME ON MARRIOTT, THE HOTEL MANAGEMENT and INSURANCE COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!
As a frequent business traveler with Marriott Executive Platinum status, I would have thought my business and money were more appreciated. Boy was I wrong!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor have bed bugs!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
tpscolumbus, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbus, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Good Afternoon,

I apologize for your recent experience at the TownePlace Suites in Columbus, GA. We take all issues very seriously and continue to work diligently with every guest to assure a pleasant experience while staying with us. Once I was informed of the situation, I contacted our pest control company to complete an investigation of your guest room. Based on their inspection, they could not find any evidence of bed bugs in the room. I can assure you that we make every effort to address situations of this nature immediately. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Stockbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The staff is phenomenal. The service is second to none. We travel often with our 3 businesses and this hotel exceeded our expectations! The staff is friendly and so helpful. This is our hotel of choice when we are in the Columbus, GA area,

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom suites are very roomy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the TownePlace Suites in August. Our son is stationed at Ft Benning and we went to visit him for 4nights 5 days. We started in a standard King room with pull out sofa. The room had a weird smell, and when I asked to be moved and upgraded, we were sent to the a 2 bedroom suite. This room was WONDERFUL. Perfect for our extending length visit. The room still had a weird odor, a cross between must, raid and bleach. The breakfast was your standard continental meal. Nothing hot, unless you heated a frozen breakfast sandwich. But since both our rooms had full fridges and stove tops, we could make our own breakfast in our room. We didn't try the pool, but it appeared clean. I LOVED that coffee was fresh and available all day. Definitely a hotel I would recommend and plan to stay at again. Safe part of town, near shopping and an easy quick drive to base.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are great for stays of longer than 2 days with a family. Worth the upcharge.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

You will find this hotel located right off the interstate and in close proximity to Ft. Benning. The area has a number of restaurants as well as some "big box" shopping. The hotel has a small fitness center, but they have access to a health club open 24 hours.
The breakfast is more of a grab and go, but is alright for one day. The rooms are in good shape, although the couch was a little stained. I appreciated the upgrade to a one bedroom suite as it gave me room to spread out as I worked.
All in all it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Recently was in Columbus to run the Dixie Jr. Boys World Series and booked twelve rooms at the TownePlace and Fairfield Inn and suites for Directors and Officials of our organization. I don't think I have ever had a more pleasant experience working with the managers and staff at these properties. This is a first class place with a first class staff. I had no complaints from our officials and that is very unusual. I would highly recommend this property to anyone. Thank you for making our week long stay pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We started the week at a Marriott Ritz Carlton, and ended at this Marriott property, helping some friends move. Now, the Ritz it is not. But for a budget-priced hotel, they really have done a nice job. Rooms or suites are clean and crisp looking. We didn't eat breakfast there, but we would recommend when in this area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wake Forest, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I spent 4 wonderful days at this hotel from June 13-17, 2013. We went there to spend some time with our son who is stationed at Fort Benning. From the moment we arrived, we were met with smiling faces and gracious, caring attitudes. Everyone from the desk staff to the housekeeping staff treated us as if we were guests in their own homes. Since we have several children, this was very important to us. The suite was spacious and very comfortable. The only thing I wish we could change, would be to add a second bathroom to the two-room suite. Aside from that, the refrigerator was a good size, the kitchen was perfect, and even came with a dishwasher, and the pool was nice. Even the guest laundry room was nice, and not too costly. We enjoyed our stay so much that we went ahead and booked another stay for this month before we ever left the hotel. I highly recommend TownePlace Suites in Columbus, GA to anyone, especially if you have children. Another big plus is the fact the it is a pet-friendly hotel. But by far, the biggest plus for this hotel is its people! They were great! Thank you!

Room Tip: If highway noise bothers you, bring some earplugs. It does not bother me so it was not an issue. I d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbus? Share your experiences!