“Best vacation stay we've ever had!!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6040 Knology Way, Columbus, GA 31909   |
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phenix City, Alabama
“Best vacation stay we've ever had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

My husband and I needed a birthday getaway and heard alot of good things about this hotel,so we decided to get a room for a few nights and it was truly a great stay! For starters the staff was very friendly and inviting. The manager Mrs.Wanda was absolutely wonderful,couldn't have done a better job! Our room was the cleanest and nicest one we have stayed in. The location was great....it's located in upscale north columbus and we had alot of options for dining and shopping. Did i mention we got a GREAT rate for our room? Best prices for a great stay! I will definately recommend this hotel to everyone and we would love to stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Phenix City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

My husband, myself, our daughter and our little shih tzu stayed for 4 or 5 nights while we looked for a home to rent since we were relocating to the area. Wanda and Sheila were truly wonderful. They helped with everything we needed and they were actually happy to do so. I was full of questions about the area and they answered every one. They helped make our relocating much easier since we were well informed.
Safe Location, Near mall, Nice big CLEAN rooms, Free breakfast: Cereal, Oatmeal, Packaged Sausage Biscuits, Fruit, Yogurt, mixed Fruit cups, muffins, Milk, oj, coffee. Tuesday Dinner: We had chicken tenders, bbq, fries, baked beans, soda. I heard the menu varies on Tuesdays. Hey and it is free! But most of all the customer service was AMAZING! Thanks Sheila & Wanda!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

OMG this place was wonderful and away from everything. I came down for Family for my hubby and we had the Jaccuzzi suite amazing.. when I checked in Wanda was amazing and very helpful.. it is literally 3 traffic lights from everything.. I am going to GA next month and bringing my family this is the place I am going.. thank you again the staff.. the location... the area wonderful...less than 20 min away from Ft. Benning and very secluded.. Thanks again... for the 4 night stay loved every mintue of it.. Before I can to this hotel I went and checked out 4 other ones in the are. all the marriots nice...but not great and holiday inn .. but this one took my breath away.... thanks again

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ozark, Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Firts off I stayed here for 6 months and for anyone who travels as much as I don it says allot that I didn't change hotels. The staff is the best they are real personable and prompt to correct and problems that come up. I hated having to change hotels but did due to the influence of others that I worked with that were more impressed with staying a larger big name hotel ( Hilton Home Wood Suites) What a mistake. The rooms were smaller and not clean. If I've ever learned anything from this experience stay at Home Towne Suite while in Columbus Ga or you'll regret it.
I just wish that Home Towne Suites had a hotel in all the places I travel but you can't have it all.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed here while staring a new job. The staff was very friendly and the rates were very good. It was clean and comfortable. The staff ever had weekly social dinners for the guests.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
East Texas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

My family and I just returned from staying at the Home-Towne Suites (we stayed from June 25 - June 28th). We were in the Colubmus/Fort Benning area for our son's family weekend at Fort Benning. I can not say enough about the staff at this hotel....Wanda was Wonderful...Shelia was Subperb....and Whitney was Warm and Welcoming! They are very compassionate about making sure your stay there is the best you will ever experience. They took care of all of requests, answered our questions and they were happy to do so. They made us feel like family. We stayed in the family suite. The extra room came in handy for our teenage son who actually went to bed before us and we stayed up to watch TV. The room was clean and spacious. The pool is a nice size pool with a covered pavillion area and some outdoor grills. They offer complimentary grab and go breakfast in room 116 from 6-9 am. They don't offer a fitness center on the premises, but you can use your room key for free workouts at the local Gold's Gym. The drive is about 15 minutes to Fort Benning but it is an easy drive and it didn't seem like it took that long. I would prefer to stay here as to a hotel closer as the other hotels are not in a safe area. This is a great location, great staff, great service...can't say enough about the hotel and the staff. In fact, we are going back again next month for our son's graduation at Fort Benning Boot Camp and our reservations are already made to stay here again...we are looking forward to going back! If you decide to stay here (which you would be a fool not to)...please tell Wanda, Shelia and Whitney "hi" from the PA family!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Phenix City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Wanda & Shelia are terrific!! They both saw that all out needs were met!! The social was catered & well planned. Our group will stay there everytime we train at Ft Benning!! Loved our stay!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Home-Towne Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!