“"Feels like home"” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“"Feels like home"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We've used Hometowne for all our business stays in Columbus because not only are the rooms so clean and inviting, but the staff is AWESOME! Everyone makes you feel so welcome! They take such great care of us! It's also nice to have a "seperate" room within the room when you have more than one person - provides some privacy :) Love, Love, Love Hometowne Suites!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ft. Stewart, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I lived in this hotel for 2 years. Yes thats right I said 2 years. I checked in November 2010 and didnt check out till August 2012. The army decided to extend my tour at Ft. Benning and what turned into a temporary stay become close to a permanent one. Everyone that worked at that hotel became like family to me and thats exactly how they treated me. Having to leave was actually sad and I miss everyone there. Whenver I go back to Columbus staying at the hotel doesn't feel like a hotel...it feels like home. You wont find that at any other hotel in the Columbus area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HTS000, Marketing Director at Home-Towne Suites Columbus, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks for sharing your story with us! We love hearing from our guests at the corporate office. I passed along your review to the hotel and everyone in Columbus says they miss you and wish you the best. A special note from Columbus, "your other mama says hello!"
Harrison City, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were guests at the Home-Towne Suites in Columbus for my son's first graduation from Ft.Benning. The rooms were so very clean and fresh. The front desk staff were absolutely wonderful. They were so accomodating from room service to directions. We will be back in October for our next graduation. Thank you Home-Towne!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HTS000, Marketing Director at Home-Towne Suites Columbus, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Congratulations on your son's graduation! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Our Columbus staff is looking forward to having you back next month.
Fulton, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Home Towne Suites in Columbus for my son's Graduation from Ft. Benning. This was my second stay at this hotel in a month's time, and it was just as good as the first stay! The rooms are clean, and I really like having the King/Queen room, which provides some privacy if there are more than 2 people. Both of my son's stayed in the room with us, so we could shut the door and let them visit while we went to bed.

The only issue we had was with the room keys, which deactivated several times, but it was only a minor annoyance for me. Jamie at the front desk was awesome!

I don't know if I'll ever have a need to travel back to Columbus, but if I do, I know where I'll be staying!!

Room Tip: Ask for the King/Queen or King/Double room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We're sorry to hear you had a problem with your room key during your visit but wanted to say thank you for choosing to stay with us. Congratulations on your son's graduation!
La Crosse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We traveled from MN to Columbus, GA to watch my son graduate from Basic Training at Ft Benning. We drove for almost 20 hours and were so glad to get into Columbia. Front desk staff were so friendly and check-in went quickly. Upon entering our room, we literally breathed a sigh of relief. The room was super clean and smelled really nice. As an extended stay hotel, it had food preparation items and dishes & whatnot; the glasses and silverware were spotless. We expect hotel rooms to be clean, but the cleaning staff really go above and beyond here, all those little things you don't really think about until they aren't done well. As we were checking out, I mentioned how comfortable the room was, and the front desk rep thanked me and said that the cleaning staff and how she really enjoys working with them. We left a tip for the cleaner, and I found out later that my teen daughter was so happy there that she left an additional tip and note for the staff. If we are in the area, we will definitely go back.

ASHEVILLE, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room was really nice. I would have made the private room larger and the closet smaller but otherwise a really nice room. Also the tv in the main area needs to be moved because its badly positioned.

The beds are comfortable as are the pillows.

However when we went to take a shower there were ZERO bath towels in the room. We had bath mats and washcloths but ZERO bath towels.

I placed a call to the front desk and they told us housekeeping would be around but no apology whatsoEVER

When house keeping arrived 10 minutes later there was still no apology, just a question. Are you checking out today. What does that have to do with anything. Its not making a mistake thats bad . its how you fix the mistake that can make or a break you,.

The rooms you will be happy with the personal not so much.

Be sure to check out with the front desk before you leave or they will call you on your cell phone to make sure you left.

We told the housekeeper we were leaving and she saw us go but she told the front desk that she didnt know anything about us.

It was the best hotel we stayed in [in columbus ga] but it was the worst staff.

Room Tip: make your reservation in advance and save 30.00
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The staff was very understanding and helpful in working with my family to accomadate our stay the rooms are clean spaceous and spotless and the rooms make u feel like ur staying at an apartment and not a hotel room I've throughly enjoyed my stay from my first to last night if ur coming to ft benning to watch ur family member graduate or just coming to colombus to visit I giggle recommend home towne suites

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Home-Towne Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!