“Good food, not great” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 484 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Organic
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Buckhead is an elegant, casual, full-service New American restaurant serving innovative fare, seasonal cocktails, craft beers, small plates and entrees that showcase local farming and artisan products, inspired by taking the approachable and giving it a modern Southern interpretation without taking ourselves too seriously. We are committed to a “Back to Basics” philosophy and bringing you the freshest food and friendliest service in the most welcoming and comfortable environment.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good food, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We recently dined at the Buckhead - while we enjoyed our meal, we were not blown away. I ordered the Shrimp/Lobster & Grits, and I thought the dish had too much going on so you couldn't appreciate the flavor. It came with a large breaded piece of catfish on top. Too much flavor for one bowl. My husband had the filet and enjoyed it but once again was not overly impressed. We would probably prefer to go elsewhere for the price.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Bad Service - ok Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our group had reservations and we were seated promptly. However things went downhill from there. Our drinks took forever and from personal experience the "perfect margarita" was seriously imperfect. It's possible we had a new waiter but still things should have been managed better. There was serious confusion over our sides and ordered items. For example, the waiter didn't explain which sides came with the individual entrees and which came only as ala carte family sides. Consequently we had lots of wasted food. The steaks were good, cooked as ordered. The appetizers were OK though the calamari were not as tasty as we'd had at previous restaurants. The lobster entree which was ordered by several of the diners only came with one utensil for cracking the claws so that was a bit of a mess and occasioned a lot of passing back and forth. The service was so slow we decided to order our desserts to go. The Buckhead Grill states on their menu, and prides themselves on not having any microwaves on the premises. They told us to order our desserts at least 10-15 minutes before we wanted them as they were all made fresh. Well, the desserts came within 2 minutes of ordering so we suspect there is a secret microwave somewhere in that kitchen. Those were the only dishes that came promptly. We came in a 6 pm and did not finish till almost 9 pm - and that was wholly due to the slow service. The restaurant did make some adjustments on our bill for the issues we experienced. The restaurant was not crowded that evening though there was another party of 9 or 10 in our same dining area. I have read over most of the reviews of this restaurant and notice that there is a mixed bag of sentiment about the service and food. I would have to say that in my opinion a really good restaurant prides itself on consistently good service and food, and here the Buckhead Grill fails.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, IL
“Great place for fine dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We came here on Valentine's with another couple. We knew they did not accept reservations. Well worth the wait!

Jerry our server was very good.

Lobster and steak from the Blue Menu were excellent.

Wine list is good but a little pricey.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
“Did not like Buckhead Grill.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Last night I took my mother out for her birthday dinner at Buckhead Grill. I made a reservation for a small party the week before. Upon arriving, I told the hostess my name and who was with me, and she said there was no resvervation. The general manager did step in and get a table ready for me and my party. I arrived at 7:00 as planned but did not get my food until almost 9:00 pm. The service was not good, the food was cold, and was just not a nice atmosphere. The other servers that came to the table were rude, and seem liked they did not care how long we were waiting for our food. All in all, I will not be returning there any time soon. The food is very expensive, and my bill was $155.00 for five people. I also did not like how they added the tip in automatically for service that was not even good in the first place. If they are going to charge such high prices for food, it should at least be hot when it comes out!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Georgia
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place is well hidden but worth the find. It is pricey. But tye service was wonderful. The atmosphere comfortable and lastlt the food was amazing. I highly recommend this place for those special occassions.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere