“Great family hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Wayne, Oklahoma, United States
“Great family hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel was perfect for what we needed. We were visiting my son who had a weekend pass from Fort Benning. There was plenty of room for our family to sit around and visit and spend time together. They even had 2 outside grills on the patio and we made good use of one of them. Having the full kitchen that was furnished was nice too. We didn't have to worry about plates and utensils. The beds were very comfortable and the sleeper sofa was very handy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good Hotel, nice helpful staff, great sized rooms, great location for shops and resteraunts. Nice outdoor pool, one Issue there is only 1 sun lounger which seems strange to me, they need more.. I stayed here for work, and due to the longer hours, I didnt get to take advanctage of the evening meal, wine and or beer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our room was filthy on arrival , the toilet had been used and not cleaned ,there was hair in all the drawers .The floors were sticky and the furniture torn and worn -terrible experience.When we reported that our room was dirty they sent someone from housekeeping with an old rag to come and clean and they tried to sweep floors with a dirty broom. They also ran out of towels and I waited 40 minutes for the receptionist to find me a towel only to be told that they only have enough towels for each room no extra and they had removed all the towels from our room and there were no more - I am not sure how anyone can run a hotel if they don't have towels for their guests.We did eat the breakfast but it was also not great and was not totally fresh ,will not be back!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jonathan G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. Your experience was not typical at all of the expectation that we set for ourselves at this property or for the Homewood Suites brand. I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping Manager as well as her staff to ensure that we are on top of our game everyday so that we do not have another guest encounter the same problems that you experienced.
Athens, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We typically search out Hilton owned properties when traveling. This was our first stay at a Homewood Suites. It will not be our last! Great accommodations. Traveling with two teenage boys. The suite arrangements gave them plenty of space and the privacy of their own room but within our supervision, as opposed to reserving two separate rooms. An exceptionally clean, oder free room with current furnishings is what I seek out in a hotel. Homewood in Columbus exceeded my expectations. I am usually leery of any arrangement with kitchenettes as they are usually smelly and dirty. Not the case in Homewood Suites. Although, we didn't use anything but the fridge, it was spotless. Staff was over the top. Everyone went above and beyond to assisting us. Including printing our electronic AU football tickets for the game. Worth the 35 minute drive from Auburn on gameday! Also, great shopping within a mile of the hotel.

Lexington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent guest service -- I had an unexpected event that came up and forgot to cancel my hotel reservation (which was guaranteed for late arrival). After I spoke to Karon, the guest services manager, the "no call, no show room charge" was reversed. This hotel consistently serves xcellent breakfast & evening manager's reception -- they always have great selections of food and drinks. The staff are kind, considerate, and friendly!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had reserved three rooms over the Labor Day weekend. In order to keep our party on the same floor and fairly close together, they changed our rooms around. Very nice. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast bar as delicious and hot with many options. Hotel gym was nice, but wish it was a little larger with more than one of each type of equipment. Location is very convenient to shopping and restaurants. My only complaint is that we told the maid service that we only needed trash emptied and new towels. They said they'd be back later and never showed up. We had to go to the front desk for fresh towels that night. I'm sure it was an oversight. I will definitely stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I stayed for Labor day weekend and I was amazed at how nice and clean this hotel was. I was very impressed with the breakfast, pool, and every other part of the hotel. The room I booked was a king suite and me and my man loved it. Only issue I had was with housekeeping. I was told we were suppose to check out at 12 noon and housekeeping knocked on oyr door at 9 am. I thought 11am would have made it better smh. Other than that I enjoyed my stay and will come again anytime.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus? Share your experiences!