“Amazing service! Top notch hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Military Rates
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
“Amazing service! Top notch hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel (after moving out of a rental home) due to my son's baseball playoff games. we were there for a couple of weeks and I couldn't have been happier with the service and the amenities. I had called to see if I could check in earlier and the receptionist was so nice and actually remembered my name when I arrived....and every other time I saw her. I ended up having to extend our stay due the games and moved to another room, but they made sure it was one of the first ones cleaned that day.

The bathrooms were clean although on the small size. The breakfasts and dinners/happy hour were amazing and varied everyday. The kitchenette was a nice convenience when i had to cook for my kids if they didnt like what was served.

I had to do laundry twice and even that experience was pleasant. My son didnt care for the pool, but i thought it was nice even though it was located towards the front of the property. The time out there wasnt very relaxing due to the traffic coming and going from the shops and restaurants nearby.

My only complaints would be that the dishwasher detergent and coffee were not replenished after the room was cleaned. Also, the walls are SUPER-thin so se had to deal with the guy next door and his conversations at all hours of the night. Very annoying! The staff was really nice although there was one guy that kind of freaked me out because he would appear anywhere we were at the oddest times. I got over that little fear, but it still scared me. Being alone with 2 kids will make you a bit paranoid.

Overall it was a great experience. My children did not want to leave. Unfortunately, it was fully booked for our return back to GA in July, but we're staying somewhere else that has received 5 star reviews from every customer so we're excited about that. Do not hesitate to book here though. It is wonderful!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chapel Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Travel to Columbus to attend a funeral at the last minute. Staff was very courteous and attentive. Allowed for late check in and had everything ready. Very efficient check out and the staff was knowledgeable of the area. The rooms were great and much better than I anticipated. My Family and I definitely will be staying here during our next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel March 14 - 16, 2012 to attend events at Fort Benning. The hotel is in a great location near lots of shopping and restaurants. Evening meals were good, breakfast was good. The evening meals included a meat entree, two sides, a green salad, tea, lemonade coffee, alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Breakfast included multiple items such as a hot casserole, sausage, bacon, boiled eggs, bagels, toast, sausage & egg biscuit, granola bars, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, and juices. I must say although the decor is great, beds comfortable, and staff very friendly and helpful; the living room sofa was stained (I wish people would not destroy the property of others like this), and the bathroom corners were dirty with dust and hairs. The tub and toilet were clean. I bring cleaning supplies with me and I had to clean a little grunge from around the faucet in the bathroom area. I do like the fact that the sink is outside the bathroom so someone can brush their teeth, wash their face, etc. while another is taking a shower or taking care of other business. I will stay at this hotel again. It great to have the kitchen area with full size appliances.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Travelled to Ft. Benning, Georgia to attend my son's graduation from Infantry boot camp and although this hotel is a little further away from other hotels, it was well worth the extra few miles. From the minute we checked in we felt more than welcome and at home. The front desk clerk (Rashad) was wonderful, friendly, and knowledgeable. He made us aware of all the amenities available to us including the full breakfast and dinner menu served during the week, to which I also have no complaints. He never forgot our names during our stay and always greeted us when he saw us. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable. Having a separate living room and bedroom was great and the full kitchen was clean and convenient. Never once did I see an unhappy employee which I feel speaks volumes for both management and the company for which they work. Every employee was willing to go the extra mile to ensure that you had anything you needed. I have stayed in many hotels and this was one of the best experiences that I have had. I will look for other Homewood Suites in my future travels and hope the experience is as good as this one. Thank you Homewood Suites!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011 via mobile

Clean, up to date, and a great focus on the customer. The entire staff was very focused on every guest.

• Stayed November 2011
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Our annual trip at Thanksgiving takes us through Georgia and we usually stop at Homewood Suites. We had a reservation for a suite since there are five of us. The night we arrived to check in, the hotel was hosting a large gathering in the common area and it was full of little kids running around. We had driven all day, and we were ready to check in and go find dinner. Unfortunately, our suite had not been vacated by the previous guest - they had unexpectedly extended their stay.
The manager quickly found two rooms that were available, but we were concerned that the only rooms available were on different floors. Also, it was clear that the party was going to last late into the night and it was very noisy. In no time at all, she located rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn just down the street, and sent us to dinner with gift cards at a local restuarant. We had most of our dinner and both of the rooms that night free of charge!! We were extremely pleased that this manager went out of her way to make sure that we were comfortable. Even my crankiest child was happy!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I had the experience of staying at the Homewood Suites in October. And I must say this was one of the nicest hotels in the area. The room was very large, and equipped with a full kitchen - stove, oven, refrigerator. There was a separate living area with a pull out couch and a dvd player. The bed was SO COMFORTABLE ! Also the hotel is in a very nice area; close to many attractions but not in the middle of all the craziness.There are many surrounding restaurants such as Red Robin, Olive Garden, Hooters.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus? Share your experiences!