“Very handy!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 27 hotels in College Park
Watford, United Kingdom
“Very handy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Memorial Day, the night before travelling back to the UK. I had stayed in the hotel last October too. The hotel overall was very pleasant, it was very clean and comfortable and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was on the 3rd floor and very nice with a courtyard view and a balcony. Bed was comfy and bathroom clean. Although it didn't bother me as it is a hotel at the airport, the noises of the planes soon died out about midnight!
It was the first time I had used The Bistro downstairs for dinner but unfortunately the ribs (and other items - although on the menu board) were out of stock. Because of this, the waiter gave a discount voucher for a restaurant up the road which I thought was a nice gesture. Breakfast was a nice meal too exactly to my order.
The swimming pool was very nice although I didn't go in the water.
The shuttle bus to the airport was very handy and took about 15 minutes, having gone via the larger Marriott Hotel nearby.
One slight down on the stay is that other people staying at the hotel insisted on banging doors in the corridor in the middle of the night which could be a thing to be addressed at check-in.
Definitely a place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a courtyard view rather than one of the parking lot!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
ATLCA, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Anna S,
I appreciate your positive feedback of our hotel. We can certainly accommodate special request for a quiet room as you are correct, we are pretty close to the airport and the highway.
I’m so sorry that we were not able to accommodate you for dinner, however be assured we are making the necessary changes so we don’t run out of any food item. We will also increase property walks and advise our guests not to slam doors especially during the night time.
Thank you for your time and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Atlanta

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cherokee, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here on night before we got ready to fly out the next morning. We were a bit undecided about whether to use the parking area to leave our vehicle there since they were a couple negative reviews but glad we did. The shuttle was super easy with great drivers every time. Surprised that they were actually better than airport international shuttle drivers but they much better. We always tipped them a few dollars because they always handled our luggage and were very friendly. The parking area for our vehicle was fine too. And the rooms were a nice surprise. Very clean and beds are super comfy. The front desk could use a little guidance with customer service. They were just very matter of fact and not very informative about parking or how the process worked. I had to drag all the information out of her to get any specifics and she just didn't seem like she wanted to be there. I would definitely stay here again and just know not to expect much from the front desk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our Courtyard before flying out from Atlanta; and we certainly appreciate the positive feedback of our property. I am however sad to hear that my front desk team was not as hospitable as expected. I can assure you that we are revisiting our hospitality training with our team to make sure that the response you receive shows the warm southern hospitality and will make you feel welcomed.
Thank you again, and please feel free to contact me or any of our managers on duty on your next visit so we can assist you personally.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Quiet, clean with all you would expect from Courtyard (comfortable bed, very business friendly). Staff was courteous, airport shuttle runs frequently. Typical courtyard bistro fare in lobby....
If there is a negative about this place, there's not much to walk to.....
Would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
Jamie w, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Greeting to Memphis!

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate the time and effort to share your experience.
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have stayed at a variety of Park and Fly hotels near the Atlanta Airport over the years, but finally stayed here after listening to friends recommendations. It was a very nice property with private secure parking that you had to have a room key for. The shuttle did stop at one other property (Marriott), but it didn't take long. They didn't include breakfast, but there was a small restaurant/snack bar that served some hot items. We had a good breakfast before we left and a panini for dinner when we got back before heading home on a 3 hour drive. This hotel is right by a chain restaurant (I think Ruby Tuesday's) but also next door to Joes on Sullivan, which is a fun sports bar/restaurant. It is less than a block under the overpass so you could walk. One thing to be aware of is the ground floor rooms have sliding glass doors facing the outside or the internal courtyard, but they appeared to be secure. Also the rooms are inside the private parking area. I would probably stay on an upper floor which have sliding glass doors onto balconies instead of the ground. I was concerned all that glass would make it louder when planes flew over, but it was fine. I stayed at a different airport hotel before and couldn't sleep because of all the airplane noise. That wasn't a problem here. Very nice property and worth the money (about $99). If you go budget and stay at a $60 place don't be surprised if you don't get a good night sleep because of airport noise and less than comfortable, which won't be a good way to start your travel day. Spend the extra money and stay someplace nice like this.

Room Tip: Avoid a ground floor room if you don't want a sliding glass door opening to the ground.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pamawi,
It is so nice to read your supporting feedback of our Courtyard. I’m glad we have left a positive impression. We are happy to accommodate special requests such as upper floors; as you mentioned the glass sliding doors open to the parking area however they are secure on the ground floors as it will only open 4 inches for the safety and security of our guests.
Once again, thank you for your time to give us a great review and we are looking forward to welcome you back should you return to the Atlanta Airport area.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed overnight here for it's location to the Airport. After a Residence Inn stay in Macon GA for 5 nights this hotel was very inviting and welcomed. The Lobby has been renovated as well as some of the rooms. The one I stayed in "127" clearly had a newer mattress and sofa. :) Nice staff and the bistro meets most frequent travelers needs in my opinion. The only downside to this area is the neighborhood in which the hotel resides. I won't elaborate because some other reviews have done that already. It's worth noting that I prefer the courtyards when I get a chance to stay in them as they seem to be a "step up" from the Residence Inn and Fairfield's. The Courtyard's are my "perfect fit" per say. But when it comes to longer stays the Residence is better to cut foods costs and using the kitchens. Only complaint was the jacuzzi. But since I only stayed one night, not a huge issue. Would stay again, had no problems. Video on my YouTube Channel.

Extra Info:

The jacuzzi issue, closed. I understand that hotel chains are cutting costs in certain areas which may upset a few visitors. I have recently learned that some jacuzzis in certain Marriott hotel chains (maybe all hotels) are now being closed due to a recent "Handicap Chair" law that must be placed for jacuzzi & pool access. It's an expensive investment. Some hotels have opted to keep one for the pool but not the jacuzzi. With that being said… Call ahead on every chain from now on forward to see if the jacuzzi is, in fact, still open and not just advertised on websites. The law was passed back in 2010 and I think enforcement started around March 2012. I have seen them in the areas, but didn't realize it was a law. If you want to know more just search on internet or check my blog. Just FYI. Video on my YouTube Channel.

Thanks for reading
RetiredArmyRANGER

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
lees summit mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at this location. We throughly enjoyed ourselves and didn't want to leave.
The food, delicious in every way. The overall ambience, well just say I'll be staying there the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear brnsgr1956,

Thank you for the great review! Hope you will come back for another "over the top" stay next time your in Atlanta!
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had a quick stay here as we flew into Atlanta airport and had a layover for the night. Very easy and convenient hotel shuttle that was easy to find at this large airport. The rooms are the typical remodeled Courtyard rooms and we had a very easy check in, restful sleep and quick return trip via shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!