“Solid option for airport overnight” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Dinner is on us!
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Memphis, Tennessee
“Solid option for airport overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Quiet, clean with all you would expect from Courtyard (comfortable bed, very business friendly). Staff was courteous, airport shuttle runs frequently. Typical courtyard bistro fare in lobby....
If there is a negative about this place, there's not much to walk to.....
Would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
Jamie w, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Greeting to Memphis!

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate the time and effort to share your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have stayed at a variety of Park and Fly hotels near the Atlanta Airport over the years, but finally stayed here after listening to friends recommendations. It was a very nice property with private secure parking that you had to have a room key for. The shuttle did stop at one other property (Marriott), but it didn't take long. They didn't include breakfast, but there was a small restaurant/snack bar that served some hot items. We had a good breakfast before we left and a panini for dinner when we got back before heading home on a 3 hour drive. This hotel is right by a chain restaurant (I think Ruby Tuesday's) but also next door to Joes on Sullivan, which is a fun sports bar/restaurant. It is less than a block under the overpass so you could walk. One thing to be aware of is the ground floor rooms have sliding glass doors facing the outside or the internal courtyard, but they appeared to be secure. Also the rooms are inside the private parking area. I would probably stay on an upper floor which have sliding glass doors onto balconies instead of the ground. I was concerned all that glass would make it louder when planes flew over, but it was fine. I stayed at a different airport hotel before and couldn't sleep because of all the airplane noise. That wasn't a problem here. Very nice property and worth the money (about $99). If you go budget and stay at a $60 place don't be surprised if you don't get a good night sleep because of airport noise and less than comfortable, which won't be a good way to start your travel day. Spend the extra money and stay someplace nice like this.

Room Tip: Avoid a ground floor room if you don't want a sliding glass door opening to the ground.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ATLCA, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Pamawi,
It is so nice to read your supporting feedback of our Courtyard. I’m glad we have left a positive impression. We are happy to accommodate special requests such as upper floors; as you mentioned the glass sliding doors open to the parking area however they are secure on the ground floors as it will only open 4 inches for the safety and security of our guests.
Once again, thank you for your time to give us a great review and we are looking forward to welcome you back should you return to the Atlanta Airport area.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed overnight here for it's location to the Airport. After a Residence Inn stay in Macon GA for 5 nights this hotel was very inviting and welcomed. The Lobby has been renovated as well as some of the rooms. The one I stayed in "127" clearly had a newer mattress and sofa. :) Nice staff and the bistro meets most frequent travelers needs in my opinion. The only downside to this area is the neighborhood in which the hotel resides. I won't elaborate because some other reviews have done that already. It's worth noting that I prefer the courtyards when I get a chance to stay in them as they seem to be a "step up" from the Residence Inn and Fairfield's. The Courtyard's are my "perfect fit" per say. But when it comes to longer stays the Residence is better to cut foods costs and using the kitchens. Only complaint was the jacuzzi. But since I only stayed one night, not a huge issue. Would stay again, had no problems. Video on my YouTube Channel.

Extra Info:

The jacuzzi issue, closed. I understand that hotel chains are cutting costs in certain areas which may upset a few visitors. I have recently learned that some jacuzzis in certain Marriott hotel chains (maybe all hotels) are now being closed due to a recent "Handicap Chair" law that must be placed for jacuzzi & pool access. It's an expensive investment. Some hotels have opted to keep one for the pool but not the jacuzzi. With that being said… Call ahead on every chain from now on forward to see if the jacuzzi is, in fact, still open and not just advertised on websites. The law was passed back in 2010 and I think enforcement started around March 2012. I have seen them in the areas, but didn't realize it was a law. If you want to know more just search on internet or check my blog. Just FYI. Video on my YouTube Channel.

Thanks for reading
RetiredArmyRANGER

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
lees summit mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at this location. We throughly enjoyed ourselves and didn't want to leave.
The food, delicious in every way. The overall ambience, well just say I'll be staying there the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear brnsgr1956,

Thank you for the great review! Hope you will come back for another "over the top" stay next time your in Atlanta!
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had a quick stay here as we flew into Atlanta airport and had a layover for the night. Very easy and convenient hotel shuttle that was easy to find at this large airport. The rooms are the typical remodeled Courtyard rooms and we had a very easy check in, restful sleep and quick return trip via shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
South River, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Due to my flight being cancelled, I stayed here waiting for my 6 am flight the next morning. 10 minute free shuttle ride. The hotel appears to be new and in a cluster of other newer places to stay. Simple but nic eworkout facility, used the laundry and had a light meal. No issues what so ever. Wash and Dry are each $1.50 - everything clean and dry.

There is a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance and an overpriced place to eat at the nearby Westin - if you do not have a car, not much else. The grounds are well maintaned and there are some nice spots to sit outside.

The only issue - very loud. Right by a freeway and an active runway. Yea, I know it is an airport hotel, but it is quite noisy.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the airport and freeway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ATLCA, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us and the positive highlights of our newly renovated hotel. We have just finished our room renovation in February and are very excited to receive a positive feedback.
Even though we are near the airport and the highway, please feel free to request a quiet room on your next visit, as one of the wings of the hotel is away from the freeway and we are happy to accommodate special requests.
We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Atlanta.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Due to a weather cancellation, the airlines rerouted me though Atlanta. This included an overnight stay the airlines paid for.

I got to this hotel dog tired after a stressful day getting rerouted to Asia. The hotel shuttle ride is about 10 minutes and the wait for the shuttle is not much longer.

Off the bat, Cecelia at the front desk had a big welcoming smile on her face and her "can do" attitude was a great stress buster. After some friendly banter, I checked into the room and ate at the cafeteria located in the lobby. It has a sparse menu but more than adequate. Once again very friendly staff met my request for vegetarian food with a special order. Service was fast. I ate breakfast too and once again was happy at the offerings.

The room was large and clean with a large HD TV. Two king size beds could accomodate families with kids and the bathroom amenities were adequate. The coffee service in the room was not up to the mark. But I got a great cup downstairs. I had a very comfortable nights sleep.

They have a 24/7 exercise room with a couple of treadmills and elliptical machines. They also have a few dumbbells. More than enough to satisfy people on the move.

All in all I liked this hotel and specially loved the attention and friendliness of the staff. They make it feel like no request is too small or too big to handle. My thanks to all of them for a making a tired stressed traveller feel welcome and valued. It is a hotel I would certainly put on the list of places to stay should I ever need to in the Atlanta airport area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. First and foremost we appreciate the kind compliments of Cecilia, we will make sure to recognize her excellent hospitality she provided you with.
We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!