“Stranded - But Good Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #10 of 27 hotels in College Park
South River, NJ
“Stranded - But Good Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Due to my flight being cancelled, I stayed here waiting for my 6 am flight the next morning. 10 minute free shuttle ride. The hotel appears to be new and in a cluster of other newer places to stay. Simple but nic eworkout facility, used the laundry and had a light meal. No issues what so ever. Wash and Dry are each $1.50 - everything clean and dry.

There is a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance and an overpriced place to eat at the nearby Westin - if you do not have a car, not much else. The grounds are well maintaned and there are some nice spots to sit outside.

The only issue - very loud. Right by a freeway and an active runway. Yea, I know it is an airport hotel, but it is quite noisy.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the airport and freeway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ATLCA, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us and the positive highlights of our newly renovated hotel. We have just finished our room renovation in February and are very excited to receive a positive feedback.
Even though we are near the airport and the highway, please feel free to request a quiet room on your next visit, as one of the wings of the hotel is away from the freeway and we are happy to accommodate special requests.
We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Atlanta.

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Due to a weather cancellation, the airlines rerouted me though Atlanta. This included an overnight stay the airlines paid for.

I got to this hotel dog tired after a stressful day getting rerouted to Asia. The hotel shuttle ride is about 10 minutes and the wait for the shuttle is not much longer.

Off the bat, Cecelia at the front desk had a big welcoming smile on her face and her "can do" attitude was a great stress buster. After some friendly banter, I checked into the room and ate at the cafeteria located in the lobby. It has a sparse menu but more than adequate. Once again very friendly staff met my request for vegetarian food with a special order. Service was fast. I ate breakfast too and once again was happy at the offerings.

The room was large and clean with a large HD TV. Two king size beds could accomodate families with kids and the bathroom amenities were adequate. The coffee service in the room was not up to the mark. But I got a great cup downstairs. I had a very comfortable nights sleep.

They have a 24/7 exercise room with a couple of treadmills and elliptical machines. They also have a few dumbbells. More than enough to satisfy people on the move.

All in all I liked this hotel and specially loved the attention and friendliness of the staff. They make it feel like no request is too small or too big to handle. My thanks to all of them for a making a tired stressed traveller feel welcome and valued. It is a hotel I would certainly put on the list of places to stay should I ever need to in the Atlanta airport area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. First and foremost we appreciate the kind compliments of Cecilia, we will make sure to recognize her excellent hospitality she provided you with.
We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Salem, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I had used this hotel for the "Escape-Park Here, Fly There" package on several occasions and did so for a two week vacation in May/June 2012. When we returned, my vehicle had been stolen. (We were offered and accepted a complimentary night, since it was late at night and we had no transportation home.) The vehicle was later recovered and the repairs cost my insurance company over $24,000. My insurance company took care of most everything but dealing with the claims people with Marriott/Courtyard was a terrible experience. They made me feel more like a criminal than the victim. I did negotiate a small settlement with Marriott - only not pursuing it more because my vehicle was completely repaired at the expense of my insurance company.

During a subsequent conversation with the assistant manager, I was told that security gates were being installed and that this would enhance the on-site security. Being a loyal Marriott customer (Platinum elite) and feeling confident that security gates would hopefully serve to better protect my vehicle, we decided to once again use this hotel and the "Escape" parking package, this time for a month. We left for our trip and on about the 10th day, I was contacted by the College Park and Fulton County police departments. My vehicle had been found abandoned in a ditch after having been completely stripped - engine, transmission, seats, electronics, etc, etc. This time it is a total loss. My insurance once again is planning on paying me for the fair value, which is about $30,000 less than what it will take to replace the vehicle. My experience with Marriott has once again been unpleasant - even more so than the first one in June. I specifically requested of the assistant manager during our first phone conversation that I not be turned over to the same group that was so unhelpful in my first loss. Yet, in less than 24 hours after having been notified of the theft, I was contacted by a claims person and without an "I'm sorry" or "what can we do to help", I get "I need to know what your out of pocket expenses will be". I told them this time I expected much more than out-of-pocket expenses but I was told they weren't responsible. We did make contact with someone in customer care, who at first told me she was sorry for the problem and wanted to help - only to change tunes the next day and tell me I had to deal with the local claims person and that Marriott is "not responsible for 3rd party criminal acts." That was my last conversation with anyone from Marriott and I am now looking at what options are available to me.

If Marriott is not responsible, they should stop advertising and making available the "Escape/parking" package (which is a service for which the customer pays - it's not free, they're benefitting financially from this) unless they're willing to state formally up-front and make the customer aware of the fact that Marriott will accept no responsibility whatsoever. Nowhere in the rate rules, on their website or in any reservations or billings is there any wording that I can find that says you park at your own risk. The new security gates give customers a false sense of security but are obviously worthless. Someone broke into my vehicle, started it without a key and somehow was able to exit the premises without being noticed. I've been told two different stories about the exit gate. One person told me they thought the gate had been broken and the thieves exited through a broken and open gate. Another person told me they thought the thieves broke the gate by driving through it in my vehicle. How does that happen without someone noticing it? I was also told that there's a person who is paid to patrol the parking lot at night. Where was that person when the theft took place?

In my opinion, Marriott is selling a defective and misleading product and should either quit selling it or take responsibility for their lack of security at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ATLCA, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We apologize for the theft of your vehicle from our parking area and thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We take the security and safety of our guests and their vehicles very seriously. Although we regret it did not prevent the theft of your vehicle, the new installed gate has significantly reduced the incidence of theft from our parking area. Although businesses have a myriad of tools available to reduce theft, we regret none are effective at preventing these crimes one hundred percent of the time. Thank you again for the opportunity to respond.
Lafayette, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Arrived very late on a Friday night/Saturday morning, had made online reservation. At arrival, I was told they had no more double rooms, which I had booked. The clerk promptly gave me two king bed rooms for the same price as one double room. This is excellent service in my opinion. I was not happy that my original request was not honored, but the quick concession was much appreciated. My traveling partner stayed in the other room and we were both pleased with our rooms. The room was clean and the shower was good. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lehi, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We just needed a place close to the airport so we could take the MARTA to the aquarium. It was very convenient. The shuttle drivers were friendly and helpful. Front desk was nice for check-in and check-out.
I liked their big lobby area with chairs and couches. There were about 4 computers for use - even two specifically for check-in of flights and printing out boarding passes. I sat and watched the big screen TV in the lobby while my husband was sleeping in our room.
Also, I used the work-out room. Had it all to myself.
There is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant one block away for dinner if you need.
The rate was great, so we would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is located 5 minutes from the rental car return, close to many fine restaurants. Walking distance to several. Parking lot is secure and the rooms are very clean and updated. The bed was very, very comfortable- firm mattress with a soft topper. Free wireless in the room as well as the common areas. Everyone at the desk was very helpful with good attitudes. It was quiet! :)

Room Tip: I don't know about the breakfast as I didn't partake. Same with the spa. Not sure they had o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I thought the Cortyard was very handy to the airport in Atlanta. The front desk people were nice and friendly. Rooms were clean and quiet, nice walking distance to Ruby Tuesday's for a bite to eat!
If you are traveling international allow an extra 30 min to transfer from main terminal to international terminal.

Room Tip: If you are traveling international allow an extra 30 min to transfer from main terminal to internati...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!