“Life Savers” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Atlanta
“Life Savers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

I had to use the computer in the lobby and forgot my usb drive. I went crazy looking for it and couldn't find it anywhere in my room. I went to the front desk and sure enough the front desk had noticed that I had forgot it in the computer and put it up for me. With this type of customer service, it surely saved the day for me.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

I was coming here from London in December, and needed a hotel close to the airport before flying onto Mexico the next day. Atlanta airport, the busiest airport in the world - is surprisingly easy to navigate, to get around, clean, simple and unintimidating. Once out in the hotel shuttle area, I buzzed the hotel for my shuttle from one of the phones available there (a free call with a direct line). A few Delta staff were in my shuttle, and mentioned that it's best to get delivery to the hotel, as it's slightly a dodgy area to walk around at night.

The hotel room was big, the bed was big and generally really comfortable. But the foyer was cold and had no personality. The carpet in the hotel had an overall sickly smell, and the breakfast the next morning was a complete joke. I missed my shuttle to the airport, because the driver forgot to say he was leaving, and I had to wait another 30 minutes for the next one, which pissed me off.

Being so close to the airport too - the noise wasn't too bad, but you can still hear it.

Not bad, but not great - but if it's for one night - it'll do.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
chicago,ll
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

while we spent must of our time on the bus sight-seeing,when we got back to the hotel we were treated with royally by the hotel staff.our friend had purchased a bottle of wine and was looking forward to having a glass before retiring.She suddenly realized that she did't have a corkscrew.We ask at the front desk and in less than five minutes the desk manager Don Burgess produced a corkscrew for us.Also in the morning there was a young lady working in the breakfast area that did a fantastic job of keeping the food,condiments and supplies we needed available to us.She always greeted everyone with a good morning and a lovely smile.She also helped people use the waffle machine when they didn't know how to do it despite the fact she was extremely busy.

• Stayed September 2009
BROOKLYN, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I see a lot of other travelers encountered some odd situations here. Here's mine:

I missed my connecting flight, and was forced to spend the night in Atlanta. The airline gave me a voucher for a discount at Days Inn. I went outside to the shuttle area, where the driver of an unmarked van said he was going to the Days Inn and the Country Inn and Suites, so several of us got in. He drove past the other two hotels, and into the Quality Hotel parking lot, and announced "You've been upgraded."

The front desk clerk gave us the price on the voucher, and the hotel and restaurant were nice, but their way of doing business is a little sleazy.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
savannah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Nice rooms close to airport shuttle was on time and staff was nice good place to stay if your looking for something clean and inexpensive in Atlanta.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Last night, terrible storm hit the area. Flights got cancelled, and chaos at the airport. a bunch of us went towards the hotel shuttle area. Their shuttle driver was very helpful, and got us a discounted room. the hotel seems a lil old from the outside, but looks like they are fixing it up bit by bit. Front desk staff was very pleasing. 2nd floor room I had was wonderful. my colleagues and I all was kind of happy the next morning we didn't end up in a dump. I recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Missoula, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

This place is gross and old...I was actually afraid to stay there last night. The rooms are smelly and dark. Our flight was delayed and we didn't get our luggage and the front desk didn't have any amenities. I might have to stay the night again tonight and there is no way I would stay there again even if it was free...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport West? Share your experiences!