“2nd stay at this property this year. I like the location...” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in College Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was flying out of Hartsfield Atlanta Airport so wanted someplace close to the airport. This Days Inn is about 1 mile from it with a shuttle going to the airport.
I had a room with a king bed on the 3rd floor. Price was around $56 a night. The room had a microwave and refrigerator along with a coffee pot. The room seemed to be clean and the bed was comfortable.
The breakfast consists of a waffle maker, yogurt, cereal, eggs, fruit juice, & coffee.
I was told by a relative this location is not the safest at night. Since I had no intention of going out at night by myself it was fine.
While I was eating breakfast, 2 police officers came in and they escorted to people out of the motel. Not sure of the reason...the people did not have luggage with them; so I wondered if it was related to prostitution.
The shuttle leaves the hotel every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour. I simply told the desk when I checked out I wanted the shuttle and a few minutes later it appeared, waited about 5 minutes to see if there were other passengers and then was off to the airport.
If I am in the area again, I probably would not chose to stay here, but if you want an inexpensive place close to the airport with the basics, this Days Inn is okay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
GMOldNational, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am so sorry to hear that you did not feel safe during your most recent stay with us, and I want to assure you that we take the security of our guests very seriously. We appreciate you giving your feedback about your recent experience in our hotel and we thank you for bringing a number of important matters to our attention. We hope you'll return someday to see how we're improving.
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

We got dumped here by Delta after missing a connecting flight. Our room was in a state of disrepair. The toilet paper holder and closet bar were breaking away from the wall. Had to listen to jets fly over to land every 90 seconds for hours on end. If I had a car with me, I would have left in the first 5 minutes

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
GMOldNational, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport West, responded to this review, March 12, 2015
Your review is greatly appreciated, though it is very disappointing to learn of the bad impression we made with the state of our accommodations. I am sorry that your room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our maintenance and housekeeping staff. I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for these difficulties, and I thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.
Frederick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

Delta gave us a voucher for this place after they left too little time for us to clear customs, get our luggage, clear TSA + go from Terminal F to A (in record time, you would have to be a sprinter to make it) and get the next connecting flight. We missed our flight by 10 minutes.

This place is a dump. If I had to stay here, I would stay home. I am totally disappointed that Delta, with its attention to values and customer service as espoused at the start of international flights by its CEO, would stoop to put its customers here. Surely Delta has the corporate clout to do better, much better.

Carpet looked as though it had not been vacuumed in weeks, particularly next to the baseboard. I wouldn't dare ask if it had ever been cleaned. I took a piece of toilet paper and rubbed it on the floor in the corner behind the bathroom door - dirt. I took another piece of toilet paper and rubbed it in one of the corners behind the toilet - dirt.

The elevator door opened at the floor below ours - something missing on the hall ceiling. Tried to get a drink out of a machine in the lobby that is over in the dark. We had to use our cell phones as flashlights to even see where to put money in ~ and then that selection was out.

Sleep? Try it right next to the interstate. So close you feel like you are on it!

Fortunately, we arrived after dark and left while it was dark, so I couldn't see too much. About 12 of us were on the 5:30AM shuttle to the airport. My guess is most were Delta passengers. I know two were.

Dirty, dark, dingy. What more can you say? Stay away.

Room Tip: Choose to stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff. We thank you very much for letting us know so that we can effectively address this incident and ensure that it does not occur in the future. We thank you for bringing these matters to our attention with constructive criticism and we hope you'll return someday to enjoy a five star experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

After missing a flight from Atlanta to Providence, Delta booked my family two rooms at the Days Inn. We waited in the freezing cold until a bus finally showed up to transport us to the hotel. We soon entered to bus and found that there was no driver and minimal seating room. Upon arrival we noticed that the outside of the hotel was dirty and old looking. My family checked in and after a long day of flight changes went to the vending machines to find some sort of "dinner". Not only did we find well over week old sandwiches in the machines but also inappropriate "adult" items, and I was horrified. When we reached our rooms they both smelt morbidly of cigarette smoke and other scents that i don't think I can even explain. In the morning we woke up early and left the Days Inn as fast as we could. I would not recommend anyone going to this hotel until they make some major changes.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel. We take your suggestions to heart and we use them to continuously improve upon our guest experience. We hope that you will accept our sincerest apologies and return to be impressed by the improvements we have made.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport West? Share your experiences!