“Clean & Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in College Park
New York City, New York
“Clean & Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Atlanta and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel offered free transportation to and from the airport. When I arrived I was greeted warmly by the front desk & received immediate assistance with a smile! Any questions or concerns I had were addressed promptly. If I ever need to return to the area I will absolutely be staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Atlat a, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience while staying with us. We appreciate your great comments and look forward to your next visit!

Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Due to weather, I had to spend the night in Atlanta. I was not happy when I arrived at the hotel, but the staff was very nice and called me after I went to my room to be sure it was ok. They told me they were having a simple complimentary dinner of sloppy joes , salad , chips, beer wine and soda. Decided to try--- nothing fancy but good and the manager mingled with the guests to be sure everyone was happy. In addition, due to my luggage going elsewhere, I did not have a charger for my smartphone. When I mentioned it to the front desk, they found a charger for me to use. They changed my mood with their kindness.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the great comments. I will make sure to share them with my team! We appreciate our guest and look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I just stayed one nite before catching a plane the next AM. But everybody was very friendly, and the room was QUIET, CLEAN, AND COMFORTABLE. I didn't get to try the breakfast, but the shuttle bus was on time for the 5AM ride to the airport. The bus driver however, dropped us off at the wrong terminal and we had to drag our luggage all over the airport to get to Southwest and not Delta. But that was just ONE guy. The bus driver who picked us up was great! We got back in time for the 5:30 social for beer and hot dogs and he invited us in and wanted us to tell the manager about the guy that dropped us off at the wrong airline terminal. I'm sure they got that guy straight, and the rest was very pleasant. I look forward to staying here again, a it's because of the friendly people, and the posh room! They do a very nice job.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Orangeburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My stay was very enjoyable. I was especially pleased with the business center and the complimentary breakfast. Also, the staff was very friendly and made every effort to make my stay enjoyable. In addition, they were familiar with the surrounding area and were helpful in providing directions to interested places.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Costa Mesa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

On a recent trip through Atlanta, we stayed in this Hampton Inn for one night. This was the most disappointing Hampton experience for us! At check in, the clerk was unfriendly and just blurted out some instructions and seemed annoyed when I asked her to repeat. The first room we were given was noisy ( located near the ice machine). We called and another clerk, this time a very nice and friendly person (Amber) helped us find a quiet room with working heating unit. The hotel generally seemed very run down, not very clean, and in need of major overhaul. Apparently, Hilton has recently updated the furniture in most of the rooms. However, the hotel still need more updating, cleaning, and replacing bathroom fixtures, doors, paint all over. The bed mattress was very comfortable, but the pillows, sheets, duvet, and towels were old. The carpets in the hallways and the elevators did not look clean. Breakfast did not include any fresh cut fruit. Check out clerk was not very friendly. I will not stay in this hotel again. This is a bad representative of the Hampton or Hilton brands.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is adequate for an overnight stay near the Atlanta airport.The furniture in the rooms has been updated and the the breakfast area has been updated but the remainder of the hotel seems a little old. The walls seemed to be poorly insulated since we could clearly hear the people in the room adjacent to us. The toilet seat in our room would not stay up.

The room was clean and the front desk staff seemed pleasant. Although I didn't time it, the wait at the airport for the shuttle seemed excessively long.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Glennville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Have stayed here quite a few times, so know what to expect. Clean rooms, good staff and good Hampton breakfast. First time ever to experience a delay in shuttle to airport on departure. We had plenty of time so, did not inconvience us. Hampton shuttle had a repair problem and another shuttle arrived fairly soon. Coming in late on superbowl Sun. was very pleased to see Hampton shuttle waiting without even calling.Our driver took very good care of three ladies that night. We remember him and his kindness and helpfulness toward us. Breakfast staff always friendly and very clean area. Many things I like about this hotel, but mainly it always comes back to a great staff in all areas. Rooms also are very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet floor and never have a problem sleeping.