“stuck in Atlanta” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Island NY
“stuck in Atlanta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

post Sandy in ny, business to do in atlanta, now a nor easter in ny. cannot get home so I call holiday inn express and there it is a king size bed with ac and heat. and the best front desk associates that made my impromtu stay enjoyable.
complimentary shuttle to restaurants , sports bar and the airport. clean comfortable, affordable and the place you want to be when left to stay in Atlanta. Long live the Express locations.

Room Tip: get the king and get it away from the elevator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you Joker for your feedback!

I am glad that we were able to provide a comfortable spot for you to weather the storm. I hope life is getting back to normal for you.

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time you need a room in Atlanta!

gm.atlbr@kelcohotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

First off, this hotel is the only one I've noticed with gated hotel parking which is a plus for us having to leave your car for days, week due to travel. Check in was a tad long with a line but the hotel gal was professional and kept her cool...she offered all of us in line a drink and a cookie. Nice touch. Rooms were small and lights were dim but it didn't bother us due to just a one evening stay before our flight to the carribean. Internet access in rooms was fast. We did bring a fan, so they helped with any hallway noise. Breakfast was perfect for us...Shuttle driver was super nice.

Room Tip: If you can, bring a fan to help with any hallway noise etc
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for staying with us on the way to the Caribbean and for posting your comments.

Your tip is really very helpful to reduce any hallway noise and many of our guests use the clock radio for the same reason. The building has amazing noise reduction properties that keep any airplane noise out, but that doesn't mean a soccer team isn't going to check in and tramp down the hall as soon as you lie down to sleep!

I hope you had a great trip in the sun. Please come see us again.

Providence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The stay here was very enjoyable. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make our stay here as comfortable as possible. The hotel is very near the airport (the airport shuttle was a plus, though you might have to wait for quite a while for it to swing by) Unfortunately, there aren't many restaurants near the area (that's to be expected) but the shuttle and its very friendly driver were willing to bring us around to a restaurant nearby. Prices were also reasonable considering the fact that we had asked for a room with an hour's notice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Jia for your feedback!

I am so glad we were able to accommodate your last minute need for a hotel room and that your stay was enjoyable. I will share your comments with the team and especially let the shuttle drivers know how much you appreciate their service.

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time you find yourself in the Atlanta Airport area.

Cockeysville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is 5 minutes away from the airport and yet airplane noise was not an issue. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. My husband found the pillows "lumpy" but I was so tired that it didn't matter.

We left too early to benefit from the breakfast ... but we were delighted to find "grab-and-go-bags" packed with a muffin, water and a banana!!!!!!!

I will warn you about a few things: this hotel has a secure EXIT gate. Therefore you WILL need an access code to open the gate to leave the property. Since we left at 4:30 in the morning -- I inadvertently turned in the access code when we checked out. We had a few panicky moments when we realized that we didn't have it ... and then couldn't get back into the hotel (no room key)! After we pounded on the door, we were able to get everything straightened out and the desk clerk explained that they had a problem with people parking unauthorized on their lot. I can understand the need -- but I wanted to warn travellers who find themselves in a similar situation! We were a little spun up already because we had to return home to begin hurricane Sandy preparations -- so missing our flight was not an option.

All things considered -- I would absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your timely feedback about our Holiday Inn Express!

I am so glad that our location and value worked well for your early morning flight plans. I apologize for the frustrating few minutes you experienced when you found yourself without the exit code. I will make sure that the overnight staff double-checks that each departing guest knows the code before they wave good-bye!

I hope you weathered the Super-storm without any duress. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by this huge storm.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel many times when flying out of ATL. The front desk staff and shuttle service are great. But after five or six years, the carpet and tile in the rooms are showing its age. I paid extra for the top floor "suite" this time, but it was no better.
The soundproof rooms are amazing, though!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you HOPEFUL: not only for your feedback, but also for your continued loyalty over the years.

I am glad that you find the soundproof walls and windows to be amazing as we get that comment quite often. We are in the process of creating a capital improvements plan for next year as we are constantly re-investing in our product. I will make sure to include your comments about the carpet and tile in our discussions.

Thank you again for your business.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were visiting Atlanta to go to a Braves game and to go to Six Flags, and although this is an airport hotel, it was close to both attractions (about 15-20 minutes). Visit started off not so well when we arrived around three o'clock and our room was not ready. The day before the manager called me and asked if I really needed two double beds, since they were oversold. I said that since we had three people, we did. Alas, they did not have one available when we got there. Under the circumstances, Chrissy at the front desk was outstanding, offering us refreshments since we had to wait about twenty minutes to check in. She also made sure that a rollaway was brought to our room within minutes at no charge, even calling the room to check if it was brought up. She greeted us throughout our stay, and was very helpful in finding us a place to eat after the game. The hotel is kind of off on a side road, which can be a little confusing, but you do not hear any airplane noise in the rooms at all. This hotel is also priced well for the area, and just a short way off of the interstate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel.

I do apologize for the room type situation during your stay, but I am glad that Chrissy was able to make your stay comfortable with her attentiveness and follow-through. Our location is convenient to Atlanta attractions and many of our guests find the combination of the Interstates and the MARTA public transportation a great way to beat Downtown traffic jams.

Please contact me directly to make your next reservation and I will ensure you get the room type you need!

Fort Stewart, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Chrissy was amazing. She was the front desk clerk both the night we checked in and the next morning when we checked out. She knew us by name and not for bad reasons either. You could really tell she was there to help us in anything we needed. The shuttle driver was great and not reckless like most shuttle drivers are.

Breakfast was hot and they kept it clean.

For as close as the airplanes fly to the building, you cant hear a thing. Great upgrades and will most likely recommend to others and stay there again myself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Joshua for taking the time to post your review.

I am so glad that you were pleased with your stay and especially with Chrissy at the Front Desk. I have shared your comments with the staff and we look forward to your next stay.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of service the next time you are in the Atlanta Airport area.

gm.atlbr@kelcohotels.com

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!