“Enjoyable trip” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Providence
“Enjoyable trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The stay here was very enjoyable. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make our stay here as comfortable as possible. The hotel is very near the airport (the airport shuttle was a plus, though you might have to wait for quite a while for it to swing by) Unfortunately, there aren't many restaurants near the area (that's to be expected) but the shuttle and its very friendly driver were willing to bring us around to a restaurant nearby. Prices were also reasonable considering the fact that we had asked for a room with an hour's notice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you Jia for your feedback!

I am so glad we were able to accommodate your last minute need for a hotel room and that your stay was enjoyable. I will share your comments with the team and especially let the shuttle drivers know how much you appreciate their service.

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time you find yourself in the Atlanta Airport area.

gm.atlbr@kelcohotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cockeysville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is 5 minutes away from the airport and yet airplane noise was not an issue. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. My husband found the pillows "lumpy" but I was so tired that it didn't matter.

We left too early to benefit from the breakfast ... but we were delighted to find "grab-and-go-bags" packed with a muffin, water and a banana!!!!!!!

I will warn you about a few things: this hotel has a secure EXIT gate. Therefore you WILL need an access code to open the gate to leave the property. Since we left at 4:30 in the morning -- I inadvertently turned in the access code when we checked out. We had a few panicky moments when we realized that we didn't have it ... and then couldn't get back into the hotel (no room key)! After we pounded on the door, we were able to get everything straightened out and the desk clerk explained that they had a problem with people parking unauthorized on their lot. I can understand the need -- but I wanted to warn travellers who find themselves in a similar situation! We were a little spun up already because we had to return home to begin hurricane Sandy preparations -- so missing our flight was not an option.

All things considered -- I would absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your timely feedback about our Holiday Inn Express!

I am so glad that our location and value worked well for your early morning flight plans. I apologize for the frustrating few minutes you experienced when you found yourself without the exit code. I will make sure that the overnight staff double-checks that each departing guest knows the code before they wave good-bye!

I hope you weathered the Super-storm without any duress. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by this huge storm.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel many times when flying out of ATL. The front desk staff and shuttle service are great. But after five or six years, the carpet and tile in the rooms are showing its age. I paid extra for the top floor "suite" this time, but it was no better.
The soundproof rooms are amazing, though!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you HOPEFUL: not only for your feedback, but also for your continued loyalty over the years.

I am glad that you find the soundproof walls and windows to be amazing as we get that comment quite often. We are in the process of creating a capital improvements plan for next year as we are constantly re-investing in our product. I will make sure to include your comments about the carpet and tile in our discussions.

Thank you again for your business.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were visiting Atlanta to go to a Braves game and to go to Six Flags, and although this is an airport hotel, it was close to both attractions (about 15-20 minutes). Visit started off not so well when we arrived around three o'clock and our room was not ready. The day before the manager called me and asked if I really needed two double beds, since they were oversold. I said that since we had three people, we did. Alas, they did not have one available when we got there. Under the circumstances, Chrissy at the front desk was outstanding, offering us refreshments since we had to wait about twenty minutes to check in. She also made sure that a rollaway was brought to our room within minutes at no charge, even calling the room to check if it was brought up. She greeted us throughout our stay, and was very helpful in finding us a place to eat after the game. The hotel is kind of off on a side road, which can be a little confusing, but you do not hear any airplane noise in the rooms at all. This hotel is also priced well for the area, and just a short way off of the interstate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel.

I do apologize for the room type situation during your stay, but I am glad that Chrissy was able to make your stay comfortable with her attentiveness and follow-through. Our location is convenient to Atlanta attractions and many of our guests find the combination of the Interstates and the MARTA public transportation a great way to beat Downtown traffic jams.

Please contact me directly to make your next reservation and I will ensure you get the room type you need!

Fort Stewart, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Chrissy was amazing. She was the front desk clerk both the night we checked in and the next morning when we checked out. She knew us by name and not for bad reasons either. You could really tell she was there to help us in anything we needed. The shuttle driver was great and not reckless like most shuttle drivers are.

Breakfast was hot and they kept it clean.

For as close as the airplanes fly to the building, you cant hear a thing. Great upgrades and will most likely recommend to others and stay there again myself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Joshua for taking the time to post your review.

I am so glad that you were pleased with your stay and especially with Chrissy at the Front Desk. I have shared your comments with the staff and we look forward to your next stay.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of service the next time you are in the Atlanta Airport area.

Rigby, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a very average Holiday Inn Express. It has been remodeled, but it is an older hotel and the lobby and guest rooms are a little on the smaller side. I stayed twice while on overnight layovers at the airport, and it was a good choice for my brief stays using Priority Club points at 15k per night. Nothing stands out as either really good or poor. It is directly under a flight path, but the sound from aircraft is well dampened. I really didn't notice the noise from the jets but my wife did.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you AJNUFF for your timely review.

I am glad that you found our location convenient for your layover and that you were not able to hear any airplane noise.

I shared your comments with my staff today and challenged all of us to make your next stay more memorable!

Safe travels.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

You can't go wrong with this property. I live on the road and this was an unexpected pleasure. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard by Marriott, and the Hilton Garden Inn. This will give relevance to the level of my expense budget. With that said, I thought I would try a new location in Atlanta. I'm glad I did - the staff, hotel restaurant, food, cleanliness, atmosphere, and the positive attitude of everyone employed at this property were exceptional. I will return and recommend it to anyone willing to stay at an airport hotel. The rooms were very quiet and the hotel was built to accommodate its location. Newly remolded and updated.

Room Tip: Ask for the 6th floor. This will give you exclusive access to the newly remodeled executive floor.