At first glance in the lobby and front desk I was impressed, but it went downhill from there.
My Marriott profile states that I want a feather-free room. The front desk even mentioned that my room was feather-free and have a great stay. I was in a meeting until around 10:30 that night before I had a chance to get settled in my room only to find it was NOT feather-free. All the pillows were indeed feather. I called down to services. More than 30 minutes later someone finally came up with two pillows. The staff member seemed a little miffed when I asked them to remove the eight (8) feather ones. I am allergic to feathers...this is the reason I ask for a feather-free room.
Went to get in bed only to see one of the pillows they brought was a feather. Really?!!!
Another call and another 30 minutes they brought one more. Thankfully this time foam.
Finally crawling into bed about midnight to see that the comforter was down feather as well. Not wanting to stay up another hour waiting, I pushed it off of the bed and dealt with it.
Stopped at the front desk at 8:00 the next morning and stated that my room was to have been feather free and it wasn't and asked if they could replace as soon as possible the comforters and pillows and bring me more than two. The attendant at the desk seemed less than helpful to fix the problem. It wasn't until around 1:00 in the afternoon that they corrected the problem.
Stains on the pillow cases and towels were enough to gross anybody out!!
I realize the hotel is old, but it needs an overhaul and some things need to be fixed.
Even the pool is falling apart with holes in the lining (paint?).
We were there for a meeting and the service just wasn't what I expect. It seemed that nothing was anybody's job. When you ask an employee in the hallway for help with the temperature or food/drinks, I would expect that even if it wasn't their job, their response would be, "let me find someone for you." Not, "that isn't my job, please look for a person in a red coat to help you."
The buffets were inadequately set up and ran out of food without being replaced promptly. The list goes on. I may continue to use Marriott, but not this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in a convenient Atlanta hotel near the airport and in close proximity to the convention center and downtown attractions. This Marriott Atlanta Airport Hotel is located less than two miles from the Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Marriott and Hotels.com so you can book your Atlanta Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Marriott Airport Hotel College Park
- Marriott Hotel College Park
- Marriott College Park
- College Park Marriott