“Not what you expect from a Marriott” 1 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not what you expect from a Marriott”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

At first glance in the lobby and front desk I was impressed, but it went downhill from there.
My Marriott profile states that I want a feather-free room. The front desk even mentioned that my room was feather-free and have a great stay. I was in a meeting until around 10:30 that night before I had a chance to get settled in my room only to find it was NOT feather-free. All the pillows were indeed feather. I called down to services. More than 30 minutes later someone finally came up with two pillows. The staff member seemed a little miffed when I asked them to remove the eight (8) feather ones. I am allergic to feathers...this is the reason I ask for a feather-free room.
Went to get in bed only to see one of the pillows they brought was a feather. Really?!!!
Another call and another 30 minutes they brought one more. Thankfully this time foam.
Finally crawling into bed about midnight to see that the comforter was down feather as well. Not wanting to stay up another hour waiting, I pushed it off of the bed and dealt with it.
Stopped at the front desk at 8:00 the next morning and stated that my room was to have been feather free and it wasn't and asked if they could replace as soon as possible the comforters and pillows and bring me more than two. The attendant at the desk seemed less than helpful to fix the problem. It wasn't until around 1:00 in the afternoon that they corrected the problem.
Stains on the pillow cases and towels were enough to gross anybody out!!
I realize the hotel is old, but it needs an overhaul and some things need to be fixed.
Even the pool is falling apart with holes in the lining (paint?).
We were there for a meeting and the service just wasn't what I expect. It seemed that nothing was anybody's job. When you ask an employee in the hallway for help with the temperature or food/drinks, I would expect that even if it wasn't their job, their response would be, "let me find someone for you." Not, "that isn't my job, please look for a person in a red coat to help you."
The buffets were inadequately set up and ran out of food without being replaced promptly. The list goes on. I may continue to use Marriott, but not this one.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere besides here!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Anthony C, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Pamela C., I am so sorry to hear about your experience in our hotel. We pride ourselves on being brilliant hosts and clearly did not deliver this level of service. This is certainly not the impression we wish any of our guests to have of our hotel and I hope to have the opportunity to make amends. Please call me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 404-209-6812. I look forward to speaking with you and taking care of this.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed for 6 nights on business a week ago. First off, I wasn't thrilled about the $15 daily parking fee. Most hotels around the area provide free parking. The most I paid before was $6. This is not a downtown or prime location. The hotel really shouldn't rip off guests this way. I only paid $10 parking downtown everyday and it's prime location with a trade show going on!

I've stayed in quite a few Marriott but this one doesn't live up to the Marriott standard in many ways. When I went into the bathroom, there were hairs and shoe prints in the bath tub. On my third morning there, while I was in the shower shampooing, the water went out for 10-15 min. I was in a rush to go to work and only dried up my hair and leave. Oh yes, on the first day, the TV remote didn't work andit took the maintenance guy 2 trips to make it work. My room was situated right across the President Suite on the top floor. There was party consecutively for a few nights, people running around singing, talking ... I didn't sleep well and it really affected my business trip. The furniture also needs some facelift. There were chips and nicks on the wooden furniture. The vent grill was dirty too ...

All in all, I wasn't thrilled about this hotel. I have stayed in much better Marriott elsewhere. Too bad my husband didn't tell the front desk about our unpleasant stay. My husband said the lady didn't even ask how our stay was. I don't think I'll come back to this hotel again. But I'll still stay at my favourite Marriotts elsewhere.

Deerfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Clean well appointed room. Lightweight duvet, no blanket or other bed cover. Pillows comfy. Quite cool in room despite climate control setting. WALLS PAPER THIN, CAN HEAR EVERYTHING! Business center printer out of service. Unable to print airplane ticket until arriving at airport. SHUTTLE SERVICE EXCELLENT, PROFESSIONAL AND HELPFUL DRIVERS. Safe feeling due to location compared to other College Park hotels.

Room Tip: Walls paper thin. Can hear everything!
Winchester, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our high school band performed at the Chick Fil-A Bowl on New Year's Eve and we stayed at the Airport Marriott during our stay in Atlanta. The hotel was very clean and well run. Jeff did an awesome job of making sure that everyone in our group was comfortable and at home. We had a member that was sick and could not go to any of the rehearsals. The staff provided him and his mom soup and ginger ale and called to check on them.

The teens really enjoyed the workout room, pool and Starbuck (of course)!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to groups!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Maho, St Maarten-St Martin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

On our last trip we had a layover in Atlanta and long story short out plane was canceled and we needed a place to stay. So we choose this place and the stay was great. The rooms were nice and we felt roomy not clustered. If I had a chance to stay there again I would

• Stayed January 2014
Las Salinas, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The staff is so wonderful here at this hotel, it would be impossible to not feel comfortable in my opinion. We booked a room via price-line for abt $50 a night and it was the best $50 I ever spent for a hotel in the USA that really tops all charts of expectations. Ive never in my life slept on a more comfortable bed that i did when I slept here. Everything was really nice and relaxing. On the main level of the hotel entry is restaurants, a gift shop, which really helped us out alot considering we were on tight schedule. The security in the parking lot was also very nice. We had tons of luggage and surfboards, that were all nice handled. This hotel also provided shuttle to the airport around the clock. Over all this hotel is just spectacular

Room Tip: ask for a room that over looks the pools...awesome private little balcony and escape to the outside.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony C, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I am delighted we were able to create a memorable experience for you! I too agree our staff is wonderful and will be sure to pass your great comments along to everyone. We would love to host you again when your travels bring you to Atlanta. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I stay here a few times a month and the customer service is awesome! Great concierge lounge. The airport shuttle is never late and the driver is friendly and always helpful! Love the key access to your floor! If you have a problem they are up and have if fixed in minutes. Maybe newer hotels but not better!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for being a loyal repeat guest! I am so happy you loved your stay with us. Memorable customer service is what we strive to deliver and I am glad we were able to do just that. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay with us! Thank you for takig the time to write your review.

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!