“Here every year - not so great this year” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
ATL Summer Rates from $99
Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in College Park
Woodstock, Georgia
“Here every year - not so great this year”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We host an event at this hotel every year - Friday night, all day Saturday. The hotel was renovated recently and my room on the 16th floor was very nice, very comfortable.

I had a teleconference Friday afternoon, the wireless internet was fast and the desk with ample electrical outlets was comfortable to work on.

Bell service was excellent checking in. Thank you Kenny for being the best year to year, and my new found buddy Jeff who did over and beyond what's expected.

The best thing they did and more hotels should do is putting electrical outlets readily accessible from the nightstand. I didn't have to rearrange the furniture or test my flexibility to plug in my cell phone charger by the bed.

Not very impressed with housekeeping. Forgot to leave a room service menu in the room. I called for one and an hour later, still no room service menu. I called back and a guy named Dylan apologized and said housekeeping should be up shortly. The phone rings and a lady wants to make sure that there wasn't one in the room - well, DUH, if there was one, i wouldn't be starving, would I?

I have long thick hair and used up most of the shampoo and conditioner. No replenishment. Really? I have to call for shampoo and conditioner too?

I was pretty much out of the room all day Saturday and didn't get back until close to midnight. I was very tired and almost asleep when there was a lot of loud door banging in my hallway. After about 15 minutes and right was I was deciding to complain, it stopped.

My Marriott Gold Elite profile says away from elevators. I thought my room was very far from the elevators until i woke up Sunday morning around 7AM to a weird sound... turns out to be the service elevator was only a room away. Then the door banging started again around 8:30AM. It was my next door neighbors with a lot of kids, with a connection to another room with more kids. The security latch was blocking the door from shutting so they can run back and forth to each other's room. The banging sound were actually the doors bouncing off the security latch as the kids ran in and out. So much for sleeping in... Went ahead and took my shower and got ready to leave. Housekeeping knocks at 9AM. If you want to sleep in past 9AM, don't forget your do not disturb sign. Oh well, it was time to pack up and get going....

Called for help with my luggage (mostly supplies from the event). Called valet for my car. After 20 minutes, no bell service. I just piled things on top of my 2 laptop roller bags and put over my shoulders as many straps as I can and dragged everything to the FAR elevator (my fault) and down the lobby. No offer of help from the two bell men that passed me by on my way to the front desk. I had to stop at the front desk because there's an extra charge for valet ("we had a glitch in the system"). I also told Brenda that I didn't know if anyone else complained about the kids running in and out of rooms and the doors banging - well, they knew about it because without me telling her what rooms they were in, she said "I'm sorry about that but they are checking out today". Well, that doesn't help me any.

The kids running in and out of the rooms were not their fault, but if they knew about it, they could have spoken to one of the adults from the two rooms - who knows, maybe they did.

My experience this year wasn't great. I'd say this hotel is between Average and Very Good. Sometimes the bad overwhelms the good and it's fresh in my mind.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great hotel by the Atlanta Airport. There is a free shuttle that picks up every 15 minutes starting on the hour from the airport. I appreciate that the shuttle ride is just 5 minutes. The hotel is clean and bright. Nice lounge area to hang out. I was not able to eat at the restaurants. However, I did pick up coffee and breakfast at the Starbucks that doubles as the hotel's gift shop. I was here for a small meeting, but there was a large event (Irish Dance Competition) held at the conference when I arrived Friday and left on Sunday. Lots of dancing pre-teens in the hall way. In the evening there were some running around and doors slamming that I could hear, but all stopped at a certain time. Curfew? Overall, the neighbor's noise was minimal. Rooms are your typical modern Marriott rooms.

If you don't have a car and want to to use the MARTA (Atlanta's public subway), I think I saw a MARTA at the airport near the shuttle pickup area/ground transportation (right after the baggage claims). A quick shuttle ride to the airport and then pick up the MARTA is probably the easiest way of moving.

Overall the staff were very kind. Didn't need to bother them for any questions, so couldn't really rate their service other than check-in and check-out. Exception: I asked the front desk if they had a computer to print out boarding passes. Instead of pointing me in the direction, a front desk person walked me over and showed me on the computer where to enter information. I like such service that goes above and beyond. Thanks.

No need to bring any of the toiletries. They are all here. Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner, lotion and hard bar soaps. Solid Marriott.

Room Tip: If you want to watch airplanes landing, ask to be faced on that side of the hotel. It was neat to s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night with spouse on his business trip. Check-in was fast! She is from Anchorage, AK and we chatted with her about her hometown (we have worked in ANC a lot). Received room 350, a king n/s. Room on the small side, but had everything we needed for a comfortable stay and a good night's sleep. Good amenities (coffee, tea, shampoo, towels) and in the morning the airport shuttle driver (6:30am van) had us to the airport fast and we were through security by 6:40am! Amazing.

Business center off lobby with computers for printing your boarding pass if you need it. Didn't eat in the restaurant. Would stay here again for a night if needed.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Took me over an hour to check in at this Hotel. The lady gave me my key & said "I think the guy previously checked out. If not, come back & let me know." I went to the room assigned with the key & decided to knock instead of just going in. Sure enough there was still a man in the room! My question: Why would you just give me a key? Why wouldn't you verify for yourself? The lady took forever to then try to get me in another room. Then the supervisor got involved & she was just plain rude. Overall they need to re-evaluate their staff!

• Stayed February 2013
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Quiet, clean, comfy. Staff excellent, bed very comfortable, gym well equipped. Highly recommend for a good nights sleep near Atlanta airport. Currently under some construction in the lobby area for upgrades, however didn't hear a thing...

• Stayed February 2013
Redondo Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was here for almost a week for a class in the hotel. Its definitely a nice place, but not the most convenient place. Its kind of isolated out by the airport, so its a drive to anything in town. Parking is pricey and you have to walk a long way if your company doesn't pay valet service. The restaurants in the hotel are all very nice actually, but very over-priced. Room was in very good shape and very clean. The staff seemed very impersonal, and be careful not to get behind a large convention group checking in, took forever. I think for the price the service should have been better. Lots of other hotels in this area so check around.

Room Tip: Try to face away from the North side so you don't hear as many planes.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very convenient to the Airport with shuttle service. The lobby has just go under a big renovation and much improved. The staff very warm and friendly- Southern hospitality- what a great thing. I was there to hold a business meeting and though I checked in early in the morning they were able to get me a room. All in all the Marriott property pulled though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!