“Surprisingly Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #9 of 59 restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Surprisingly Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food was surprisingly good. It was my first time here with a party of 13. Overall the food was better than I expected for the area. I ordered the blackened tilapia and shrimp scampi with a bowl of baked potato soup. The blackened tilapia was very tasted with a bed a rice. The shrimp scampi was prepared differently from what I expected so I drizzled some of the shrimp scampi on top of the blackened tilapia. The soup was good after adding a dab of salt and pepper. Others at the table ordered steaks, pasta, green tomatoes, crab cakes, and etc. and no complaints on the main course. Minor problem with the salad not being fresh.

Service: Lacked in service - 18% gratuity was automatically added to our check which was not a problem however we do expect to have good service. Waiter delivered the food and did not re-appear until it was time to deliver the checks. We had to ask for refills. The waiter was not professional and did not appear professional.

Cleanliness: The restaurant did not appear clean nor did it smell clean. It may need some updating.

For a Friday night, the restaurant was not busy so I am not sure what our waiter was doing but he was definitely not servicing our table. The rating is strictly based on the food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Atlanta
“Another good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was n College Park for a conference again this year in June. I was alone this trip and got a steak and potato and a salad. Food was excellent and cooked to perfection. It was tender and tasty. As I said on the last review, prices were reasonable. Service wasn't quite as good this time and there weren't many customers in the restaurant. I had to ask for a a refill twice. Otherwise, the visit was good and I'll go back next time I'm in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Random Tuesday Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Random Tuesday night dinner ended up here at Simon's. We were seated immediately, as the restaurant was not crowded. The waitress was nice and gave prompt service. I fell in love with the sour dough bread. It was warm and cooked just right. I even asked for a loaf to go. I ordered the chicken louisianne and it was delicious. The person with me enjoyed the pecan crusted basa that they ordered. I'd love to try this place again on a busy night to see if the experience is the same.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Thought it would be better.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I ate there twice in one week with two different groups. The first time we had a party of 16 and had made reservations two weeks in advance, with a follow-up call that evening. When we arrived, there was not enough seating and they would not put another table together for us, so we crammed in next to each other. We had two servers to begin with, yet it took a long time to get our drinks and to take our order for appetizers (the restaurant was not busy). As the evening wore on, we were down to one server, who never came around to ask how things were and if we needed refills for our beverages. I ordered chicken--it was good, but not a lot of taste to it.

Two nights later I was back again. We were led to a table and all sat down. Then we were told we were at the wrong table and had to move--no big deal. Service was a bit quicker. I ordered grilled shrimp with a baked potato. When I got my dinner, the shrimp was overcooked and the taste bland. I also received rice pilaf instead of a baked potato and the vegetables were very hard.

Would I return? Probably not.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bolton, England
“Good despite mix up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Walked here from our hotel the night before we flew back to the U K.Seated immediately.Server very pleasant and informative re local draught beers.We went for Sweetwater 420 & were not disappointed.My husband had tilapia with a spicy coating .I had crab cakes but she brought salmon.The server was most apologetic & offered a free dessert.Both mains came with rice and mixed veg of carrot,courgette,squash broccoli all cooked to perfection.My crab cakes came quite quickly & were delicious.Sadly we were so full we couldn't manage pud even for free.Would have no hesitation in recommending this eatery.

Visited April 2013