“Another good meal” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Atlanta
“Another good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was n College Park for a conference again this year in June. I was alone this trip and got a steak and potato and a salad. Food was excellent and cooked to perfection. It was tender and tasty. As I said on the last review, prices were reasonable. Service wasn't quite as good this time and there weren't many customers in the restaurant. I had to ask for a a refill twice. Otherwise, the visit was good and I'll go back next time I'm in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Random Tuesday Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Random Tuesday night dinner ended up here at Simon's. We were seated immediately, as the restaurant was not crowded. The waitress was nice and gave prompt service. I fell in love with the sour dough bread. It was warm and cooked just right. I even asked for a loaf to go. I ordered the chicken louisianne and it was delicious. The person with me enjoyed the pecan crusted basa that they ordered. I'd love to try this place again on a busy night to see if the experience is the same.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Thought it would be better.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I ate there twice in one week with two different groups. The first time we had a party of 16 and had made reservations two weeks in advance, with a follow-up call that evening. When we arrived, there was not enough seating and they would not put another table together for us, so we crammed in next to each other. We had two servers to begin with, yet it took a long time to get our drinks and to take our order for appetizers (the restaurant was not busy). As the evening wore on, we were down to one server, who never came around to ask how things were and if we needed refills for our beverages. I ordered chicken--it was good, but not a lot of taste to it.

Two nights later I was back again. We were led to a table and all sat down. Then we were told we were at the wrong table and had to move--no big deal. Service was a bit quicker. I ordered grilled shrimp with a baked potato. When I got my dinner, the shrimp was overcooked and the taste bland. I also received rice pilaf instead of a baked potato and the vegetables were very hard.

Would I return? Probably not.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bolton, England
“Good despite mix up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Walked here from our hotel the night before we flew back to the U K.Seated immediately.Server very pleasant and informative re local draught beers.We went for Sweetwater 420 & were not disappointed.My husband had tilapia with a spicy coating .I had crab cakes but she brought salmon.The server was most apologetic & offered a free dessert.Both mains came with rice and mixed veg of carrot,courgette,squash broccoli all cooked to perfection.My crab cakes came quite quickly & were delicious.Sadly we were so full we couldn't manage pud even for free.Would have no hesitation in recommending this eatery.

Visited April 2013
“Manager was rude. Food was okay. Server was Wonderful!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Business associates and I went to try this local restaurant on a business trip. I always eat my steak well done. However, when my meal arrived I had gotten a medium well steak. I immediately sent it back requesting they cook it to well done. My colleague cut into their steak noticing theirs was well done. Unfortunately, it was a simple mix up and we were not upset just wanted our food correct. We were very calm and having a good time.

However, we soon saw a cook come out of the kitchen into the dining room in tears. We talked quietly and wondered what was going on. The cook took a moment then went around the corner and reentered the kitchen. Then we saw our server exit the kitchen in tears.

After over half an hour (and most of our table finished eating), we all did receive our correct steaks. My well done steak was simply thrown back into the pan. The medium well steak took a full 30 minutes before reaching our table.

The manager came to check on us. However, instead of apologizing and moving on. The manager proceeded to blame the server and claimed he cooked the food perfectly. I found this very rude and off putting. The server had been nothing but kind to us. We were all very calm until this moment.

We left a generous tip to the server and I hope her night improved. The management makes me never want to revisit this restaurant on any trip I have to Atlanta. The food was very plain and had simple flavorings. Nothing special worth all the fuss management caused.

• Visited April 2013