“Nice place if staying near the Atlanta airport” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 59 restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Marta stops in College Park, and restaurant is only 5 minutes walking distance.
“Nice place if staying near the Atlanta airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Wonderful surprise - we were told there were not good restaurants near our Marriot Airport Hotel. College Park is close by and has several options. We choose The Pecan and were very pleasantly surprised. From the restored old building to the great service and tasty food the experience was a great change from hotel food. Have been back every time I'm in Atlanta for work.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Marietta, Ga
“Highway Robbery, Did Not Ask How Much?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've had Sunday Brunch there two times, about six months ago, and today 12/30/12. The atmosphere is very good, and the food on my first trip was great. The trip today was not good at all. They have regular menu items and specials. We decided to order one of the special items which is not published. The waiter verbally tells you what they are, but doesn't tell you the price. We ordered the special item of fried catfish with grits and collards greens, thinking that the price would be within the average. We made a rookie mistake and did not ask HOW MUCH? The dish turned out to be $24.00 per order, which consisted of grits, 1 fillet of fried catfish, and a saucer of collards greens. The dish was good, but vastly over priced. This is highway robbery. I can only partially blame myself for not asking HOW MUCH? How do you come up with $24.00 for grits, catfish, and collards.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great Southern Gourmet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were flying out of Atlanta and stayed at the airport hotel and were recommended to here. The restaurant has a great atmosphere being in an old building wtih a brick wall with an old Coca Cola sign painted on it. The service was very good and the food was excellent as well. i had the Pecan chicken with sweet potatoes and it was excellent. Our son had the fried catfish and he loved it. I ate my son's collard greens and they were very good!! others in our group had the salmon croquettes and the stacked portabella mushroom and they all liked it very much.

We didn't have dessert or drinks as it was late when we got there but they had a nice selection. it is very close to the airport hotels and was a great way to start a trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Everything about this place is classy and worth the visit. They only open for dinner during the week. Street parking is a pain because you have to back out into traffic. Otherwise, it a great place to dine. We recommend the salmon and the pecan chicken.

Visited December 2012
“Fried lobster and crab cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I went to this restaurant for a business lunch on the suggestion on my dining companion. We had a reservation and were promptly seated upon arrival. The waitress was knowledgable about the menu. She was friendly and very attentive to us throughout the meal. I ordered the special which was fried lobster with a crab cake. I enjoyed both items. But, it should be noted that the crab meat was shredded. This did not bother me, but some might not like crab cakes prepared in this way. My choice was definitely pricey for lunch, but overall I was satisfied with my selection and would visit this restaurant again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere