“Busy and expensive.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Hollywood, Florida
“Busy and expensive.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Dropped in during a layover from NC to FL. The place was packed but it took only about 10 minutes to get seated at the bar. Thinking we (my wife and I) might want dinner, we quickly scanned the menu. Nothing looked appealing from their limited menu and everything was outrageously priced at $11-15 for even a sandwich. My wife had a glass of wine (a surprising $13 for a house wine) and my Bud Lite was over $8. If I had no other choice, this place would have been "ok", but the airport has other dining and bar choices, and that's where I'll try to go next time I fly through Atlanta.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Louisiana
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A few days ago, I found myself on Concourse D at the Atlanta Hartsfield airport in need of lunch before boarding another of those great flights which would span dinner and provide nothing but a Diet Coke and some "cookies" and decided to try the Sam Adams Brewhouse in the airport. I know it is spring, but tried to order a draft Sam Adams winter lager or any other darker beer and first discovered they had only a couple of summer brews. So decided on a Dos Equis Amber (?). But I was primarily interested in a meal, so looked over the menu which was not particularly "deep" in choices. Decided to stay conventional and ordered the Sam Adams Standard Burger which it said came with chips and a drink. I don't know why, but I thought that meant french fries (maybe I'm too British), but no, it meant a small bag of potato chips (snore). The burger itself was the real disappointment: A standard 1/4 pound pre-formed, perfectly flat and machine-made and previously frozen beef patty cooked on a grill with a single slice of American cheese thrown on top as the patty was dropped on the bun (read, still not melted) and served on a plate. No attempt to serve anything other than the bare minimum. I expected a good deal more out of a restaurant carrying the Sam Adams brand. The company needs to put as much quality into their foods as they do into their brew.

• Visited April 2013