“Great BBQ and Atmosphere!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: American
Fargo, North Dakota
“Great BBQ and Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stopped by Tony Morrow's while in College Park for a conference. Located very close to the Convention Center and Airport, easy to get to for travelers. I will be back whenever I travel through Atlanta.

Their BBQ Brisket was exactly what I was looking for while in GA. Recommend the Collard Greens and Mac&Cheese for sides. Also, Fried Sweet Potato Pie with Caramel Sauce for desert was a great way to finish my meal. Very well priced for the quality of food!

I stayed after to have a cigar and watch a football game in their smoke room!! What a cool atmosphere. The staff was friendly and helpful. If you are looking for good BBQ food, a good drink, and maybe a cigar after... This is the place for you!

• Visited November 2013

State College, Pennsylvania
“Good meal with friendly people, although missing some menu items”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This place has character and a great vibe. Four of us had a variety of dishes and were all happy with the meals. The brunswick stew is different to the VA style I know but is still very good. Collard greens are great, the pulled pork is probably the signature dish. My two piece chicken was more like one piece but still good.
We were a little disappointed they were out of ribs the night we were there, and also ran out of one of the popular domestic beers, but they handled those issues well.
Prices are good, service is friendly, and overall food is good even if there are missing items on the menu.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miramar, Florida
“Great local smoky taste…..and fried peach pie!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place is great!!! We were looking for a place during the week close to our hotel (which was near the airport). This place wasn't too busy the night we went. The wings were EXCELLENT and the 1/2 chicken was outstanding.
Prices weren't too bad either. Local beers and the highlight was the fried peach pie!!!
Besides the food, the service was EXCEPTIONAL…our server was a great, funny and knowledgeable young lady…..what an asset.
I would come back here in a heartbeat.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huddleston, Virginia
“Good stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had the pulled pork on a Sunday night. I was hoping for ribs but they were out. The pulled pork was good, the collards were perfect, and the mac and cheese was delicious. I was glad I dropped in. I was in town for business and will stop back in when I return. Thanks for the good food. Others may also want to know that Tony's has a Cigar bar/room to eat and enjoy a cigar if you like. I didn't partake in the cigar smoking in the sealed room but it seemed to have a lot of customers having a drink and a cigar.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“best BBQ restaurant in college park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I ate a pulled pork sandwich that was tender & tasty with 2 sides, mac& cheese & the best baked beans ever. What made my experience at this restaurant memorable, was the service.

• Visited October 2013