“So far disappointed.” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Okinawa
“So far disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Well, I'm only in my first night of staying here and I'm already upset at my decision to stay at this hotel. The website touted that it was new and it "appeared" to be decent for me and my family to stay at. Well, arriving here, it looked beautiful...but we all know the outside is not what counts; it's the inside. So here's some of my reasoning for my rating below:

Pros: I'm close to the elevator. My boys enjoy the swimming pool. The internet is faster than my last hotel's prehistoric internet service.

Cons: My room's toilet leaks when we flush it. The closet door is broken. The bathroom is outdated and needs repair. The lighting is dismal; I need my light. There's only one kids' channel, Cartoon Network; no Disney Channel or Nickelodeon.

I'll give it the night and report back tomorrow to see if I can raise my rating. Hope so.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GuestCareManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback on your experience. Its nice to hear our pool area was great for your children, this area was recently renovated in early 2011.
I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered with your bathroom and I assuer you we will take corrective measures to correct this.

I am also happy to let you know we will be replacing all of our wired and wireless internet access in 2011 which will increase our current speed by 5 times and provide better coverage. We are also upgrading our programming to all HD channels and expanding our line up by year end.

Please come again and fee free to contact me personally if you liek.

Greg Lindner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed 17 days in this hotel. It is amazing what a great staff they have. The hotel is extremely clean, up todate, wonderful beds, nice size rooms, great service and friendly folks. Your truly treated like family. Can't wait to get back to Atlanta for another great R&R. Kuddos to all that made our stay wonderful.
Philip & Tami

Room Tip: A pay in advance in a great bounce for the buck.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hendersonville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had an issue and it was addressed in a timely manner.

Our only complaint would be the noise. Plumbing, outside noise, and hallway noise.
It was quiet between 12 midnite and 6 am.

The bed and pillows were great and the omelet at breakfast was exceptional.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Booked one night king room at the HGI Millennium on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews. Shuttle service to and from airport was quick, convenient and easy to locate. Hotel appeared new and well maintained. Room wss large and clean. Quiet even thoough near airport. All staff members that we dealt with were friendly, professional and knowledgeable. We didn’t see any restaurants in the immediate area. Our dinner in the hotel’s restaurant, American Grill, was good and was reasonably priced. Internet and business services are good. Included breakfast was “cooked to order” as is typical of HGI brand and was very good. A great place to stay on arrival or departure from ATL.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel while attending a women's conference (even though there was some construction going on elsewhere in the hotel and I could hear the "thumps" when I came back to the room during the daytime, but it did not bother me to the point that I complained). Serene environment and great location in proximity to the airport. The food in the restaurant was excellent, as was all the staff that I encountered during my 4-night stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Fontana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel is close to Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL) and served us well for our 1 night layover on March 20th.

We arrived close to midnight and were unfortunately put into a one bed room, but the night desk clerk quickly changed our room to a two bed. We needed to use the laundry facilities and were glad to find that they were available 24 hours, however one of the washers was not working and the vending machine was not fully stocked at the time of our visit.

Otherwise, the room was nice, internet worked well and the shuttle service was efficient.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Idaho Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

After reading reviews, we were unsure about what we would get. Either we had good luck, or if this was their normal room and service, we were very satisfied. We had to overnight from the airport for a connecting flight early in AM, and the shuttle was easy and on-time with both arriving and departing times. Room was spacious, very clean, service was very friendly. They only had one receptionist, which can make checking in a bit of a wait if the shuttle has a lot of people. The only thing I wished they do differently is have more than one person available to check-in, especially after arriving late (10:00pm) after a tiring day of travel and having to get up at 4:00am for the next flight. Having to wait a while to check-in can be frustrating! We also had a "free breakfast", except leaving early they were not open. Would be nice if they also offered some sort of danishes/bagels/fruit for early morning departures.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center? Share your experiences!