“Not a Good Choice!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge College Park

You added Travelodge College Park to your Saves list
Travelodge College Park
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2471 Old National Parkway, College Park, GA 30349 (Formerly Motel 6 Atlanta Airport South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“Not a Good Choice!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Had no choice to stay here dfue to torrential rains. Place was cheap, but in very poor repair. Lots of stains on carpet and beat up furniture. People at front desk not very friendly either. I recommend staying somewhere else unless no other option!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

The room was terribly dirty (stains and even crayon marks/drawings on the walls) the furniture was all falling apart and light fittings were starting to come away from the walls. The area was pretty shady and we didn't feel safe in the room unless we had a chair and our suitcases up against the door. Would not recommend or stay at again.

• Stayed May 2011
washington dc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

i really don't have a lot of time to elaborate, but we stayed here (room 128 - on the far side by the interstate/freeway) because it was close to the church we wanted to visit on sunday morning and it was a one night stay breaking the drive time in half. this was a no smoking room, but they leave an ashtray i suppose to avoid any more burns on the bread spreads. upon entering the room, i thought it was nuked with pesticides, my brother thought maybe some unknown drug use/smoking smell (not marijuana because i know that smell from past experience), my wife thought a dead rat or something must have died in the wall. the smell increased as you went to the bathroom. prostitute and drug-dealer looking types seem to have a stake at this location. we were tired and just wanted to sleep and get up early and go about our way. i must say that it took me some time to fall asleep. we kept the window open because i was afraid someone would break into our vehicle. the cars parked next to us had 'i love Jesus' type stickers and stuff so i felt a little more comfortable, but it still didn't keep me from praying that morning would come quickly!!! ugh... i'll never settle for that again no matter what the inconvenience or cost. never

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

I tend to be dismissive when people complain about their stay at a Motel 6. Often they are people who expect Hilton standards but are too cheap to pay for it at an actual Hilton (“the Motel 6 had no shampoo in the room”, “no iron in the room”, “there was no room service”, “there was no valet parking”, etc). This time the previous comments are absolutely accurate. Here’s my experience:
I was vacationing in Tennessee and Georgia around Memorial Day weekend as my cousin was getting married in Chattanooga. I had never been to Atlanta previously and choose this Motel 6 because it was close to the airport (my mother and brother were flying in directly to Atlanta for the wedding) and because (as per Motel 6 standards) I expected it to be basic, clean and relatively inexpensive (all I wanted was a bed to sleep in and a clean shower). I arrived late night and (like others have said) saw the desk clerk behind bullet proof glass and a cop car in the parking lot (didn’t see a cop though). This location has two buildings arranged roughly in a T shape, the top building faces the interstate and was where my room was located, however the clerk offered me a handicap room as it was in the lower building and would be quieter. I agreed and as I approached the room I could see that in the upper building there was what appeared to be rather sketchy individuals milling around, while the lower building tending to have out-of-state cars parked there, but not many people (were they hiding?). The room was alright but the TV had a burn in the top of the plastic and you could see inside. I went to use the phone and I could not dial an outside line. I had to use a pay phone at the nearby gas station and it was then that I realised just how bad of a neighbourhood I was in! The night passed without incident though I did make sure the deadbolt was on.
Upon returning to Atlanta after the wedding I chose this location again for two nights. I figured I was familiar with the area (and I would go from my room, directly to my car and into the city without spending any time in the neighbourhood) and the cluster of hotels seemed to be well kept despite what lay beyond. In addition I just figured I had an over active imagination and things really were not that bad (No! Trust your instincts!). I ended up getting a room in the upper building. Once again there was a burn hold in the TV and you could see the innards (Is this a feature of all the rooms at this location?). Not only that, there was some sort of powder all over the sticky bathroom and vanity area floor. Not to mention the big mystery stain on the carpet by the door (vomit?). However the most interesting moment was when I was packing my car to leave. A lady, who I would best describe as “ghettotastic”, was crossing the parking lot and asked if I was from California (she saw my Ontario plates and thought Ontario California…since when do cities issue plates?). I explained I was living in Ontario Canada (she was from San Diego) and one thing led to another in conversation. Having just been to Tennessee where strangers readily strike up conversations with you I really didn’t think anything of it. Then at some point in your discussion, she casually adds, “Well I’m a call girl…”. I do not know how but I continued the conversation and avoided an awkward moment. I was certainly not in the market for her services. Although this makes for an amusing story to tell my friends, this is not a place I’d want to stay again (and I tend to rough it). It is in a dangerous area, the rooms are less than clean and some of the clientele is questionable at best. There are plenty of other nearby hotels that are probably better.

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — The Neighbourhood
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

My husband and I drove up to Georgia from Florida to look at the house we would soon be buying and did not get into town until around 10:00 at night. We were moving to Douglasville, but couldn't find any rooms available there, so we had to go to the College Park area to find an available room. Around 11:00 we finally made our way to Motel 6 and they had a room available for around 60 dollars for the night. We decided to take it and checked in and that is when all the trouble started.
When we were checking in there were two police officers in the lobby and were talking to each other and the receptionist about several "disturbances" they were having there that night. Needless to say, this didn't make us feel at ease at all, so we quickly got our room key and locked ourselves in the room for the night, making sure to put on the deadbolt. Several times during the night there were cars speeding around the hotel with extremely loud music and there was people outside drunk, yelling and screaming. As if this wasn't bad enough, our room was simply horrible.
We requested a non-smoking room, but the room reaked of ciggerette smoke, there were even burn marks in the bed sheets and bed spreads. We requested a queen bed, but received two twins as well. The tv had a huge burn mark in it allowing you to see straight down into the inside of the tv (fire hazzard?) The lamps were bent and twisted and the mirror was falling down, only being held up still by a crooked lamp.
When my husband and I went to take a shower we found that there was no soap or shampoo and when calling the front desk they advised us that they "ran out." Then as we got into the shower we noticed that some of the cocking in the shower had fallen off and become loose and there was mold and mildew underneith a strip of plastic that the cocking use to hold. It was disgusting! The tub had rust all on it as well.
We would normally call up to request a new room but the receptionist was very abrupt, abrasive and rude from the start and acted like there were no other rooms available. So we had to put up with the horrible conditions of the room and the loud music and voices waking us at all hours of the night.
When we went to check out the next morning we informed them of everything and the receptionist simply shrugged it off and gave us this "oh well" additude.
Needless to say as soon as we got back to Florida I was on the phone to Motel 6 to complain. When they went to look up our reservations to prove we stayed that night, they realized that the receptionist had spelt my name all wrong, even though she had my drivers id right in front of her, so it took them about 20 minutes to finally find the reservation and issue me a certificate for a free nights stay to "appologize" for the inconvenience. They also assured me they would investigate the conditions of the motel and report the rude receptionist to her superiors. If they stayed true to their word and did this, I do not know. All I do know is I do not recommend that anyone stay at this hotel at all. I would rather sleep in a car then have to deal with that ever again.

Stayed March 2008
Madison, Al
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

I stayed at the College Park Motel 6 for two nights to attend a weekend seminar in downtown Atlanta and I honestly can not recommend this hotel to anyone, especially with the huge availability of decent hotels around the airport.

The first night I arrived, I noted that the desk attendant was behind 2" of bullet proof glass and this was at only 6 o'clock at night! I drove around to the room location, parked and was pulling my bags out of the trunk when I was approached by a stranger in a large baggy hooded coat (hood up). The front of the coat was held open in such a way that an obvious bulge was exposed in the man's front waist at his belt-line. Now, I'm a 6'1" 230 lbs Black-man and in good shape but I was SCARED! The bulge was an obvious attempt to intimidate "victims" into handing over some money without any real violence. I scanned the area looking for an accomplice and when I didn't see anyone else, I decided to call his bluff and refused to hand over any money. He immediately changed his demeanor and said he was just hungry and wanted some change. I told him to continue to hang around and that I would buy him a meal at the fast food restaurant across the street after I settled in. Needless to say, he hurried off!
I consider myself a fairly cool customer and more than willing to defend myself if needed but that was a bit too much drama for a weekend stay at a cheap hotel. I was jumpy for the remainder of the night! You really do get what you pay for and I learned a valuable lesson about the difference between being cheap and being smart!

Not everything at the hotel was entirely bad though as the help was very friendly and accommodating, and after I settled down, the second night was a-lot more normal (and quiet)!

I lived in Atlanta for many years and the Old National Highway area, where the hotel is located, was once a very desirable middle-class up-and-coming neighborhood. It has drastically changed for the worst and is considered VERY dangerous even by the locals. So... if you are excited by the chance of getting robbed, enjoy the company of a fairly loud noisy clientele, and crave crappy fast-food restaurants, then go for it...otherwise spend $20-$25 more and park your bag somewhere else.

• Liked — Staff & Location
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

I chose this room to be near the airport since I had a very early morning flight and due to the great nightly rate available. I arrived late and checked in and pretty much never left the room until I checked out. I suppose you get what you pay for but this was in a pretty sketchy area and the room was in marginal condition at best. The bathroom and HVAC were functional but very worn as were the linens, carpet and furniture. I would not recommend this hotel unless your budget won't allow anything else.

• Liked — Location convenient to ATL
  • Disliked — Poor condition of the room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Travelodge College Park? Share your experiences!