“Great Place to Overnite” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Place to Overnite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stay at this hotel whenever I am in Atlanta. It's convenient to the airport and the staff is always
friendly and helpful. Recommend this hotel for one or longer is necessary. Breakfast in the am
is very good and I love the fresh baked cookies.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Stephannie H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We here at the Country Inn & Suites appreciate your business and hope to see you again in your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Friendly staff but TERRIBLE service. I lodged here on Sunday, October 6, 2013 at a Delta-negotiated rate and I promise you I won't make that mistake again. This experience has convinced me to just pay more money and reserve a reliably-good hotel because you surely get what you pay for. In a nutshell, I was given a voucher by Delta to this place when a late flight caused me to miss my connection. When I used the key I was given at Check-In to open the door to my room, SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN IT. That's right, SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN THE ROOM. Thank God they weren't in a compromising position. Upon returning the key, the front desk clerk apologized and gave me another one. The new room was clean and decent. The next morning, when attempting to iron my work clothes I planned on wearing that morning on the flight to work, there was NO IRON in the room. I contacted the front desk and was told that Housekeeping wouldn't be in until 9am. At that time, it was around 7am and I had to leave at 8am. I asked if someone could bring an extra iron to the room and they said they couldn't because they didn't have any. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. They could have gotten an iron out of any non-occupied room, but it was easier for them to say they didn't have any. I WILL NEVER, EVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN and Delta Airlines should drop them as a hotel option. Terrible experience and what's even sadder, Country Inn & Suites is not going to do anything about it.Why? Because they don't care.

Room Tip: Make sure you read reviews before making hotel reservations.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care Specialist at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Thank you also for taking the time to communicate your concerns as we do appreciate all client feedback - positive and negative -as this is the tool that we use to measure ourselves both as a hotel and as an organisation.
With regards to the issues you have highlighted, may I assure you that I have discussed these issues with the hotel management team so they may be aware and take any remedial action necessary to ensure such issues do not reoccur.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.
Grovetown, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Country Inn and Suites used to be one of our favorites - great price and cleanliness. This one is on the downhill slope to hell. The sign outside said "Recently Renovated, New Management" - I'd like to know when - maybe about 20 years ago or maybe one room has been renovated....... I liked 1)The ability to leave our car there for $50.00 for the entire 2 weeks we were gone 2)The price 3)The good customer service at the front desk when I told them I lost a dollar in the soda machine, she refunded it right away, 4)The nightlight on the hair drier in the bathroom and 5) The pillows were pretty good plus it was a very close convenient location to Atlanta airport.

I did NOT like the all over age and disrepair. The two rooms we stayed in (before and after our flights) had broken tiles in the bathroom, stained tubs (inside and out), the shower head cap covering the hole in the wall was loose - the hole totally viewable, bad repair on the ceilings from apparent leaks and no dead bolt on the door. The "continental breakfast" was the worst I've ever had - muffins, coffee cake (stale), toast and bagels - period! The coffee pot in the room made coffee that tasted like dirty dishwater and left grounds in the bottom of my cup because the coffee/filter combo sat right on top of the pot (no plastic holder to put it in!!! We are coffee drinkers and neither my husband or I could get past the first sip!

Room Tip: I didn't see all the rooms but the two we were in were terrible. I do have a few photos, but th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care Specialist at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you also for taking the time to communicate your concerns as we do appreciate all client feedback - positive and negative -as this is the tool that we use to measure ourselves both as a hotel and as an organization.
With regards to the issues you have highlighted regarding the condition os the guest rooms and breakfast may I assure you that I have discussed these issues with the hotel management team so they may be aware and take any remedial action necessary to ensure such issues do not reoccur.

We want to be able to provide our guests with the best service possible, and feedback from our guests helps us to achieve that goal. I want to thank you for taking the time to contact us because your input is valuable to us. We hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Arrived at 7:0pm, room was dated & had a bad smell, desk chair was broken (could not even sit in it),room felt & looked dirty, tub had rust stains........felt the need to check for bed bugs:(
I asked for a do not disturb sign because my room didn't have one. Two hours later, asked again & I was told house keeping were still cleaning rooms, asked again, another 2 hours later, called the front desk, spoke to the same girl. I was in the middle of my asking again for a do not disturb sign & she hung up on me!!!! Seconds later, she was at my door, shoved the DND card at me!!!!! Disgusting look on her face & never said a word! I was very polite & patient, till the end when I was hung up on. I have stayed in hotels all over the world, I know how busy housekeeping can get, etc. The way I was treated was uncalled for. I was with my parents just staying the night & moving on. If it was up to me I would have not stayed here reading other reviews, now I have personal experience!!!!!
After this horrible hotel, I do have to say the Genesis Rest. attached to the hotel is really good. BLT & Club sandwich plus their fries almost made up for the stay!
Would not recommend or stay here ever again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stephannie H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
On behalf of the Country Inn & Suites, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. Please feel free to call me and discuss your issues while staying here at the Country Inn & Suites.
It is our goal to make sure all guests are satisfied with their stay.

My phone is 770-991-1099

Stephannie Hairston
Assistant General Manager
Leakesville, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Arrived at this hotel at 1:05pm. Was told very matter-of-factly (without customer empathy) that there were no rooms until 3:00pm. I said..."Not even for a Carlson Club Gold Member?" and they said "not even for a Club Carlson Gold Member". They let me stow my luggage at least and we headed out. They have a complimentary airport shuttle.The rooms are noisy but I sleep during everything. The complimentary breakfast is weak. The pool was real nice in the morning but there were no towels at 11:00AM. When I asked the front desk, they told me that the towels were not available yet. (The pool opens at 6:00 Am. We arrived at 9:00). I found a cleaning person down the hall and obtained two towels. The lady at the front desk questioned me about it. (Why did she care?).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, September 19, 2013

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had a nice quiet stay at the property. I was greeted by a friendly clerk at check in. The check in process was speedy and was up to my room in no time. The room was clean and had everything I needed. The AC worked great. I did like the bar/restaurant downstairs. They have some good food and is reasonably priced. It was surprisingly quiet considering how close to the airport the property was. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Stephannie H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We thank you Soon H for your feedback regarding your stay. I'm delighted that we were able to meet your expectations. Please come back and visit us again if you are in the Atlanta area.

Stephannie Hairston(Assistant GM)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a family reunion, and this hotel is terrible. EVERY room was nasty in some way( mold-roaches-ants). A few family members have video recordings of the BEDBUGS. The health department was called, and by the time they arrived( 5 days later) EVERY room we notated had received a new matress ( you should contact Georgia's Caylton County Health Department for a complete report). The manager at the time, STEAPHANINE......was so angry that she falsified a police report, in an attempt to make us out to be liars, but remember, we have a video recording, pictures, and the city's report. If we would have read these reviews first, we would have spent our hard earned money in another place. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stephannie H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
I would like to apologize on behalf of the Country Inn & Suites if you were not happy with your stay. We here at the Country Inn & Suites always try to make our guest as comfortable as possible. I understand your concerns but Country Inn & Suites has taken all necessary measures to make sure that we have no such problems here at our hotel.

If you would like to discuss any concerns about your most recent stay, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

My phone is 678-466-1037

Thanks!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!