“could be better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Rochester, New York
“could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

chose this hotel due to the proximity to the airport and the free shuttle to airport. as well. First room we had the door did not lock, so we were given another room. this hotel was not as clean as the hotel from the same chain in Chattanooga. the breakfast was good. the shuttle was on time. all in all I would say this was average, not terrible , but not fantastic either.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Springfield, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Overall an attractive and surprisingly quiet property despite being next to the airport. Very good breakfast which was changed up a little daily. Here is what put a damper on the stay:
Day 1: Arrived to check in around 9 p.m. after a long day of travel and opened the door to our room to see the bed unmade, food in the refrigerator and the bathroom (especially the toilet!) not cleaned. Went down to the front desk to inform them and was told they'd take care of it. Fortunately, we stayed in the room next door with relatives since we were there for an hour before I went down again and was told one of the night managers would take care of the room personally. 15 minutes later he arrived and 15 minutes later the room was done, so we were unable to check in for an hour and a half. I felt somewhat lucky because a young man waiting in the lobby heard my complaint during my first trip downstairs and told me that the room he unlocked was already occupied. When I went back to the lobby an hour later, he was still sitting there!
Day 2: Returned from a day of sightseeing, early evening and our room was untouched again. I even left a dollar on the bed which was still there.
Day 3: Final night at the Country Inn and returned to a made bed and clean room. It wasn't until the next morning that we went to take a shower that we discovered the shower curtain was missing! Brought my list of complaints to who was described as one of the property managers who first inquired if I'd be visiting the area again (probably for a room offer) which I replied no and asked for some kind of financial refund for the inconveniences. I was told that since we booked through an agency, she couldn't "refund money that wasn't there" - whatever that means. She then took my name and said she'd call me after she talked to a higher authority.
It's been a month and I've received no call.

I travel often, especially to Vegas and even the low-end hotels have a maid supervisor who double-checks to see that the rooms have been cleaned. Based on the terrible maid service and no remuneration for the inconveniences, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephannie H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced here at our hotel. We understand your frustrations and always want to correct any problems you may experience while staying here with us. Please feel free to contact the hotel at any time to discuss any issues you may have.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Nice and cozy hotel right next to the testing center. It couldn't get any easier. They offer a discount to test takers and even extended my check out until after my exam was over. They also have transportation to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013
Stephannie H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for your feedback regarding your stay. We are glad the location was convenient for you.
Elgin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Booked a non-refundable room since I planned a 23 hour layover in Atlanta on the way to Argentina. They will pick you up at the airport, store your luggage after check-out, let you ride their shuttle van back and forth during the day and drop you off at the airport which was nice. They offer free breakfast (juices, coffee, waffles, French toast, cereals, toast, pastries, sausage, etc) and really friendly staff. However, my room was in need of minor repair but the price was cheaper than comparable hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Stephannie H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback. We're glad that you chose our hotel for your travel needs. Come and visit us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Staff is extremely friendly and very clean! The only negative is the restaurant is not the best and there is limited restaurants in the area. We were here during the Final Four and I will say the place was packed but the staff worked well with all the customers! I will also say that the breakfast is very good as well.

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks so much! We really appreciate your feedback.
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It started with checking in and they didn't have our reservations. We had used priceline. I had to call priceline and then the hotel manager did admit they made a mistake and didn't put in the info into their system. The staff was very friendly and since it was the final four weekend in atlanta all hotels were oversold. they did say they had a room for us as they always keep one incase of emergencies. they gave us a room that smelled like someone was still in the room smoking even though it was a no smoke hotel. also the room was by the elevators, ice machine, vending and stairwell which for me is the worst possible room you can get. when we left for dinner we asked if the room could be sprayed for smoke and were told it could be. we were gone touring the city for 5 hours and then never treated the room. the hotel says it was rennovated which means they slapped paint on the doors. i will say the staff was very friendly but just nothing got done. also while we were checking in at 6pm other people checking in were complaining there rooms were never cleaned.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephannie H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
On behalf of the Country Inn & Suites, I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while here at our hotel. We do not want you to leave our hotel unsatisfied for any reason. If at any time while visiting our hotel, please contact the front desk immediately to resolve the issue. Thanks for your feedback.
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent the whole 5 days at this hotel. I was allowed to checked in early coming from the Red Eye flight I just had that night. Rooms were clean and breakfast were ready when we get down in the morning. All staff were very helpful in all our needs and I cant complain with their customer service. We were picked up and dropped off at the airport on time and the drivers were very accommodating... If you're looking for a nice and cheap stay in Atlanta I would recommend this hotel... Thank you Staff..

Room Tip: Take the south side area... very quiet you wont even know youre near the airport or any traffic what...