“canceled flight out of Atlanta finds a gem” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in College Park
nc
“canceled flight out of Atlanta finds a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

what i thought was going to be a horrific night at airport in Atlanta, turned into being a very pleasant experience.The room was the best i have been in a long time, but the feel of the bed was outstanding. the decorator needs a big kudos, and the staff was there with all the right answers to all my questions.i only wished i could have stayed longer to enjoy the luxurious amenities...THANK YOU HOTEL INDIGO AND STAFF

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kevin G, Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you so much for this informative review! We too wish you could have stayed a bit longer - there are many cool amenities and places to see in the neighborhood that short-term travelers aren't usually able to see on their first trip. One nice thing is diverted guests now know where we are, and we often see many return to further their experience (and hope you do as well). Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and your fellow travelers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had an overnight layover in Atlanta and picked the Hotel Indigo, College Park. Nice pick too! The moment we walked in and were greeted with the subtle blue lighting. Really nice reception area and the bar/restaurant area were decorated in the same calming, yet boutique-y theme. The room was great, bed was wonderful, and hey---guess what?!! A Keurig and Aveda amenities in the rooms! How much better does THAT get! I'm sold on Hotel Indigo, a nice place to stay and it will be where I'll look next, the next time we need a hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin G, Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of our facility and staff at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport! We truly aim to have that first impression be an inviting and relaxing one - and it appears from your review we surely did that. You are right about needing more time at our hotel, as there are many amenities and local attractions that are sure to impress as well. When you come back, be sure you say hello and we'll look forward to your return!
New London, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am very disappointed I had only 8 hours in this hotel. It is one of the nicest hotels I have ever been at. Only stayed the night to avoid an early morning drive from Athens to the airport. The staff was incredibly helpful. Shuttle service to and from the airport runs from 4:30 am to 2:30 am and is fast and reliable. The bar/restaurant was very nice with a large selection of wines beer and alcohol. I got a whiskey to take to the room and they had to go cups to bring it up. The room itself felt more like a bed room than a hotel room. Real glasses, a beautiful walk in large shower with rain shower head and the most comfortable hotel bed ever. IPod dock and alarm clock made it easy to wake up. Not enough time to use the gym, but it looked amazing, large and well equipped. I will look for Indigo hotels wherever I go from now just to see if they compare. Cheapest price available was on their website at least 7 days advanced notice. One of the least expensive around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin G, Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We are sorry that you experienced a travel detour from your original plans, but excited you had an opportunity to see what the spirit of Hotel Indigo was all about! As I read your review, you helped me piece together the essence of our experience goal - and that is to be as much like home as possible (with added service you may not get at home). If you wish to mingle, there are several places for that, but if your desire is to have space to concentrate, reflect or relax - there are many areas for that too. I am very confident your review will be helpful to our traveling community and we anxiously await your next "planned" stay with us here at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport in College Park, GA!
Dadeville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night while waiting to pick my husband up from the airport! this hotel was amazing. The staff (Kevin, Andrea, etc,) were so kind!! Great rooms and food!! This is a great little boutique hotel and hopefully everyone wont discover this jewell in Atlanta!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
All of us at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport are thrilled your stay with us was as exciting and comfortable as we had planned. It is our sincere pleasure to serve you and our guests, to deliver the best experience as possible. Weather you stay for a few hours or a week; you can rest assured we will seek ways to personally address your needs to provide a relaxing oasis. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and comments with us! We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon.
Warrenville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wow,

So here it is..I was on route from ORD to Chile through ATL and there was a huge hail storm 3/18/13. We were delayed in ORD for 4 hours and about 2 hours more at ATL. In short, Atlanta was a disaster and Delta was overwhelmed with flight changes, cancellations, etc. However, as I am an experienced traveler, I NEVER go to customer relations (THERE WAS A HUGE LINE FOR THIS AND TAXIS). Instead, I went to the gate agent booth upon my arrival. There, I was helped by an excellent agent (mad props to the Delta lady working the San Juan flight leaving 12:15 3/19/13), who solved my reroute in less then 2 minutes and gave me vouchers for a night's stay at the Indigo with food. AWESOME. I found the transfer van which is on the outside loop of the ground transport exit. AWESOME. The van was filled and I thought to myself, it is going to be lord of the flies if there are not enough rooms. But, Indigo's agent LeCory and his driver were AWESOME. They were dealing with A LOT and still found a way to get everyone a room with dignity and professionalism. The room was AWESOME (except it is close to the airport, so bring earplugs if a light sleeper), clean, and very modern. HUGE shower, TV, desk, internet, beds, you name it. After arriving at ORD at 1:45pm on the 18th, I finally went to bed around 4:00am the 19th. I woke up and went down to talk with Kevin, who, is AWESOME. We worked out my day, meals, transfer, and time I could stay to until my flight (VERY generous). The meals were awesome, I VERY much recommend the sliders...WOW! And the restaurant staff including Andre and the Chef were AWESOME. All at Indigo should be commended. You have a great hotel! I will be back!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if a light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Wow, what an awesome review! I think this insight really provides the traveler with a good overall assessment into what to expect from Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport in College Park (and a bit on how to navigate the air process). As you captured so well; the staff at Hotel Indigo sincerely enjoy helping, providing and serving our guests - no matter how they found us! When you return, you won't need to bring ear plugs. We now have them available for our guests at the lobby desk (thank you for your help and impetus for finding a solution). Also for those that are light sleepers, please let your guest services associate know at check in and we'll do our best to locate a room on the north (even numbered) side of the building, which is the side opposite of the rail station, which seems to help as well. We certainly enjoyed having you "discover" our hotel and we very much look forward to having you return to say hello to the friends you have created; and partake in a few of those "Sliders" again. Travel safe and we'll see you soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very Modern and Sheik... Front Desk was amazing.. Thanks to Montae/Austin for making my stay amazing..The decor was great, rooms were clean, the bar had wonderful drinks. Everyone was just friendly. The Beds were comfy. This is my new spot. Definite stay. had no issue with booking the room on hotels.com.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin G, Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review of Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport! The encouraging thing about reading your review was the seemingly easy transition you moved from the busy day and into a relaxing, comfortable oasis; and a review helpful for our traveling community. It is always our pleasure to exceed our guests expectations and certainly a passion we enjoy (and daily seek ways to make that experience even better). We are anxious for your return to Hotel Indigo where we can continue provide you a haven for relaxation!

P.S. I'll be sure to pass on your kudo's to Montae, Austin and the staff!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Indigo for a couple of nights for work trip. The hotel is in downtown College Park only a couple of minutes from the airport. The rooms are huge and all of the furniture and decor have that brand new modern look. The bathroom and shower were also new and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and although you can hear the planes (being near the airport), no other outside noise disturbed my sleep. Shuttle service to the airport is extremely prompt and the drivers are friendly.

My only comments for improvement -- not really complaints -- are: 1) Check-in was quick but the staff person simply handed me my keys and did not give any description of the amenities of the hotel (i.e. where the exercise room was located, restaurant hours, or any of the normal things one hears upon check-in). 2) One of the bedside lamps did not work and there was no explanation. 3) The room stocking of the small conveniences was not right....no shampoo or conditioner and no caffeinated coffee. 4) The shuttle will drop passengers off at the international terminal but they would not pick me up there (had to haul my luggage over to the domestic terminal and then call them from there for a pick-up). None of these items (except 4) seemed to be a major inconvenience and I am sure if I had asked, they would all have been rectified immediately. They just seemed to indicate a lack of attention to details.

All in all though, this is one of the best hotels in the Atlanta Airport area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and post of your experience. Your review is especially helpful as it relates to specific areas for improvement and some of these areas have quality back up procedures that we'll need to look in to. The amenities are certainly areas we are proud of and attributes we want every guest to know about. We will be adding a new feature soon to specifically address this issue, but in the meantime, I will review these topics with the team and ensure a renewed focus on these details. In the case of the shuttle service to the International terminal; we are actively reviewing improvement ideas in this area for our international travelers and will keep your input in focus as we develop best practice solutions. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and the high marks of Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport. We look forward to your return to validate that these areas have be elevated to 5-star status along with the rest of your expectations.

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park? Share your experiences!