“Great value for the price!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Tampa, Florida
“Great value for the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

I stayed here with a friend to take Step 2 CS and we were pleasantly surprised!
For the price, we got a huge room, and it seemed to be newly remodeled. The bathrooms were clean and new as well. The hotel's first floor was a little under the weather, but it's to be expected as they are in the middle of remodeling.
The staff was awesome and welcoming, and we even got a free shuttle to the test site (and from the airport), which we were not expecting. We also weren't expecting free Wi-Fi.
Breakfast was not fancy but definitely sufficient and hearty for the day.
Also, the AAA discount was well worth it. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

close to the airport and hotel has a shuttle service. shuttle service drivers were great, nice, efficient and accommodating. Front desk staff very pleasant, helped with restaurant info and directions. For once, I ate a minimal breakfast, presentation was organized however didn't see scrambled eggs or sausage which I was hoping for. Lots of breakfast breads, boiled eggs, didn't see yogurt. Good cereals and fresh fruit, overall nice presentation. The room, okay, not special. The a/c unit didn't work properly, yes, reported it. Room had small maintenance issues like a tub that didn't drain well and a hairdryer that was questionable but I wasn't there to pick the room apart and point out the flaws, just stayed one night. On the upside, the room was spacious for a Q/Q with sitting area and that was nice to have. I may stay again if I need a hotel close to the airport, and if the rate's okay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
College Park, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

We stayed there because I was trying to stick to my budget. Room was okay, Service Was HORRIBLE, breakfast was ok. We checked in on Friday night and clerk gave us keys to rooms that were already occupied and I sent my 16 yr old son to unload while I moved the car and he informed me that someone's belongings were already inside. When I went downstairs to complain, I was given another room that was not what I had booked thru AAA. When I went downstairs to advice clerk, she NEVER apologized and was unprofessional and RUDE!! I finally spoke to Manager and he apologized!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
DeKalb, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

This is one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. It was not very expensive, either, and had a much better than average breakfast room. Absolutely would recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The price was good - about $76 per night. Location is quiet, the room is a little tired but generally not bad. They have free Internet access. The complimentary breakfast is poor. And one more thing, if you arrive Atlanta after noon or early in the morning Do not wait for the hotel shuttle - just call them in the hotel directly to request the shuttle, because they work generally on request. I spent 1 hour waiting for the scheduled shuttle and only then called them.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Stay here at your own risk. My fiance and I were attacked by bed bugs after our three night stay at this hotel. We finally examined the bed sheets and comforter and found nasty pee stains and small bed bugs hidden underneath the mattress. I booked travel through an online travel site that offered a great deal on this hotel. When my fiance and I entered our room we were greeted by an odd smell and a dirty bathroom. The rooms are very outdated, the furniture is old and dirty, and the rug was not clean and they also did not provide us with any wash cloths. I will never ever stay here again nor do I recommend this room to anyone visiting the Atlanta area. This hotel needs a serious upgrade.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

My family and I stayed here the weekend after Easter taking advantage of some deals for after spring break for the zoo, aquarium and yes for the hotel. The neighborhood near the hotel is the ghetto. DO NOT leave anything in your car and I mean anything. We watched from our window while two punks broke into someone's car to get a McDonalds bag and some CDs. We called the police and the front desk but the police arrived 45 minutes later and no one from the desk ever walked outside (obviously they know the neighborhood too) Anyway, the linens are awful and the staff is rude. We tried to get out of staying there but they were going to charge us anyway and honestly we are on budget. We can't afford two hotels. The food at the breakfast is decent however if you don't tip the staff (they have a tip jar) then they LOUDLY complain that no one is tipping them. Several guests came and got food but never stayed obviously from the treatment from the staff. I did tip because I do believe in tipping for a service but it wasn't a lot because I felt that no one should be "guilted" into tipping. The maids are very nice however the majority of them don't speak English so good thing I speak a little Spanish because asking for an extra pillow for my oldest teen would have been difficult. AND WOW should they lay off the air freshner. They have to be hiding some type of bad smell because the maids spray that stuff until there is no more oxygen to be had! And the rooms are in sad repair. The chair in our room had such an indent in it that if you sat down you would fall thru. Just a sad area and sad room. Stay in somewhere else!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Suites Airport South? Share your experiences!