We booked the room for 2 nights. First night our flight didn't arrive until midnight. We picked up all our luggage at Baggage claim and went out towards ground Transportation where we were being told that all hotels were sold out and therefore we needed to find a different hotel for the night. We were traveling with 2 very small children so we were especially concerned! I called the hotel and Reginald (front desk) said not to worry because since we already have a reservation that a room is waiting for us. He also told us that a complimentary shuttle is on the way to pick us up. We got off the phone and the ground transportation people kept asking which hotel we were needing to go to. We told them Best Western on Phoenix Blvd and they kept telling us that they're sold out and that nobody would be coming to pick us up from there and that we should choose a different hotel! I called Reginald again and said I know we just spoke 5 minutes ago but these people keep saying that everything's sold out! Once again very calmly he told me, Mrs Sanford, don't you worry we have your room ready for you and the driver should be there any minute. Within minutes a driver showed up and a very distraught gentlemen got out saying don't waste your time getting in there! You wont get a room! Everywhere is sold out! I told the man that we had reservations so we're good. He sarcastically replied, I'm sure it will all work out for you then. I stood there dumbfounded. The driver was a nice gentlemen later explained that booking online is different then vouchers issued from the airlines. He said that when a voucher is issued from the airlines its much like a gift certificate for a room in any hotel so long as space is available. He assured us that since we already paid for our room that's a guaranteed reservation. He even said he felt really bad for the man with voucher so he even had gone out of his way driving him to several other hotels in the area for any vacancies. We arrived to hotel greeted by Reginald. Told us to let him know if we needed anything. Room was very nice. First thing we checked was mattress for bedbugs. We were very happy to find mattress in a zippered mattress bag. Very nice clean linen and the bed extremely comfortable! Overall extremely happy with everything except wish that there was a restaurant next door to eat. There was a mc donalds nearby but they were already closed when we arrived late that night. Subway however is open 24 hours but a car was needed for that.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hotel And Suites Airport South
- Best Western Airport South
- Best Western College Park
- College Park Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closest Best Western at the Atlanta Airport. Only minutes away form the check-in counter for any airline. 5 Story interior corridor hotel built in 2001. Friendly staff and excellent continental breakfast. Heated Spa open everyday. Pool is seasonal. Free Wi-Fi and complimentary shuttle to and from airport/Marta train to downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Best Western, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Suites Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.