You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Suites Airport South to your Saves list
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Boston, Massachusetts
“Kudos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Due to Delta snafus I arrived at the hotel on a Tuesday at 1 AM. At the front desk things were very busy but the woman behind the desk was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
kpatel7274, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Suites Airport South, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your wonderful comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
KIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Clean room and bathroom, value for money. Down to earth staff members. I would recommend this hotel for short business trips. Strong cleaning agents so beware if you sensitive... but they're nice enough to mind your allergies and omit the cleaning agents: friendly and dependable room service. Free internet via LAN. Nice rooms, refrigerator, microwave, iron and coffee maker included.Free airport shuttle!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ghent, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in a 2 bed suite, it was close to the airport at a favorable rate and we could drive to some attractions in the area. And you might expect good value at at Best Western Plus. Well it turned out differently. We were also scared about the car burlgaries that happened here before, when we heard about them from another guest during our stay.
From the outside the hotel looks fine, also the lobby and breakfast room are OK.
But the hotel is quite old, this is visible in the rooms. We had the opportunity to take a look in more then one.
It started already after check-in walking in the corridor of the 4th floor, no air conditioning while a heat wave, strange smell. After putting in the key to unlock the door, pulling the handle down, the door wouldn't open, although the green LED lit up. After several attempts I finnaly threw my full weight onto the door on which I finally stumbled in. By inspecting the door lock, we noticed that this was a mechanical failure of the lock. Nobody, no maid did noticed this before? Or didn't they care about it? Then inside the room, we couldn't light it up, after inspection it became clear that all power cables, from lighting and clock were disconnected! We managed to put everything in place so that we had the lighting on! Nice! We also were immediately aware of the unpleasant smell and the high temperature in the room, although the AC unit was running. But while trying to adjust the settings on the unit, it turned out that the 2 buttons had no fixed holding point with their mechanical rod. Adjusting the AC unit was like playing roulette, it took me 10 minutes to get it on "cooling". And this was not the only unit with a malfunction.
We should have had a nice ATL airport runway viewing, were it not that the window on the inside was awfully dirty, it was like looking through fog. Sitting furniture was the worst I experienced! The desk chair was totally worn down, when one was sitting you fell through onto the metal chassis , the arm rests had severe damage. The sofa was also in very poor condition, one sank about 5 inches down onto the basic hard bottom. And on top of all this, there was a grey stain on top of the bed linen! The bed comfort was ok. On the bathroom door, paint had come off. Going to the " business center" the printer was out of order from the first day. Without any message however. Staff seemed "not to know", promised to have it fixed the next day, but it never was during my stay. Breakfast was acceptable, were it not of some issues I never experienced before in any hotel. Baking waffles is very common at breakfast these days. So in this hotel, the breakfast maid was baking her own waffle in front of people waiting to do the same. But not only she went with it to the service room to eat it, but she left the flour disperser empty without making any steps to refill it, although she took the last drop for her waffle. Also 2 syrup cans were left empty, standing in front of her nose. Boiled egg basket was empty and stayed so.
We did inform the manager of all these issues and he looked very surprised. We mean "looked". Can it be that the manager is not aware of all the room issues we encountered? He took the blame and got us a night for free. It was a gesture, but we want to express our very dissapointment with this hotel. We wonder what standards Best Western applies to grant this hotel a " Plus" standard. To our standards it doesn't meet even a Motel 6 on room quality! We hope they take at least the "Plus" away from them.
Anyway, we would never advise anyone to select this hotel for an Atlanta airport area stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Coldwater, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on several business trips. I have seen them continue to upgrade and improve the accommodations while also keeping their rates very reasonable. The rooms are spacious and internet is free. Everything I need as a business person is available. I also appreciate the free shuttle back and forth to the airport. Even when I drive to the hotel I will use the shuttle to access the Marta to go into Atlanta...saves on parking fees and the hassle of driving in the city. No the hotel isn't new with the latest and greatest decorations but the beds are comfy and I've had no complaints.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Fishing Creek, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

What can I say? I work out of ATL and I live in Virginia; I make the commute between Atlanta and Norfolk (or Newport News) more times than I can count. I have a crash pad in Midtown Atlanta, but there are plenty of times I wind up having to just get a hotel room near the airport for any number of reasons.

I always choose the Best Western Atlanta Airport South, and they still haven't let me down. I was here most recently in mid-February on my way back home, and the stay was very pleasant. The front desk staff are friendly (it's not the Ritz, but it's definitely priced accordingly), they always have your reservation ready to go, and the whole hotel is clean. It DOES smell strongly like the cleaning agent, but if you are used to the life where two-star hotels are a constant reality, its a somewhat soothing smell at times.

The views are of nothing special; you'll either get the highway, or an apartment complex behind a fence. The parking lot always strikes me as safe, though--don't be concerned for your safety at all. Want a TV? They've got you covered. The rooms are fairly spacious, the beds are certainly comfortable enough, and the rooms are always very, very clean. More than worth the $70 a night I usually pay. It can be quite a bit more inviting than a crash pad with several twenty and thirty-something pilots, I can tell you that.

The continental breakfast is what you would expect; no surprises there. I can recommend my friends at the Best Western ATL South without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Helena, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

The rooms have WAY TOO MUCH air freshener in them, what are they trying to hide?
Also, the shuttle driver takes 1/2 hour to show up at the airport (its a seven minute drive). Then when he gets to the airport, he jumps out of the shuttle and tries to drum up other hotel's business so he can get more tips. Very infuriating when you're tired and you just want to get to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
ATL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I can be picky when it comes to hotels. This hotel was right off of the exit. Near the airport. My friend's ID was lost in the hotel and the staff found it and called to have them to come and pick it up at the front desk. There's a lot you can do with information these days! So, I'd say that the staff is pretty good and honest. We stayed in a King size suite. The room, kitchen, and bathroom were all clean! Cleanliness matters!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Suites Airport South? Share your experiences!