“If you're looking for an aiport hotel...reat location, great service, good price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Glendale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

This is a great hotel if you have an early flight out of the Atlanta airport. The location was convenient. The shuttle picked us up from the airport right on time, and the hotel was super clean and nicely appointed. The continental breakfast had some nice touches (make your own waffles, sausage biscuits, etc.). The shuttle was *basically* on time to take us back to the hotel the next morning. I thought the service was really great too. We were put in a room which was loud due to the people next door (who I think were dancing around to country music, according to the sounds that were being made?!) and they immediately moved us to a much quieter room. without blinking an eye. Also, unprompted, they gave us earplugs.
I'd definitely recommend this as a place to stay.
A quibble: I felt like they needed another desk clerk! The service was very nice in the morning and the evening but both women seemed a bit overwhelmed and totally on their own. Possibly this was due to the fact that there were loads of flights delayed and cancelled due to bad weather. But I do wish the hotel would bring in some more staff to lend a hand.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, nice staff
  • Disliked — it was a little pricy for what you got...
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

Our family stayed here for one night to catch an early flight out of Atlanta. 10/10/08

Check-in went smooth and our reception was welcomed and greeted with a smile and a friendly face. (wish I got her name to give her accolades). She had us checked in and informed in a mere matter of minutes. Efficient and friendly.
The lobby is bright, clean and welcoming with reading areas and a television.
The room was clean with two double beds, coffee maker, refrigerator and hair dryer.
Great shower and a large sink.

Check out was just as smooth.
Convenient to the airport!
We arrived in the evening and did not have time to enjoy the pool or Jacuzzi.
We left prior to the breakfast so we are unable to critique'.

Overall a very pleasant experience and would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

My wife and I, along with our son, daughter-in-law and three grandchildren stayed here on the "Park & Fly" plan because we had one of the first flights of the morning and had to be at the airport counter by 4:30 AM. This was one of the few hotels that met our needs for a) security while our cars were parked for a week, b) a shuttle starting at 4:00 AM and c) a safe area.

The hotel fully met our needs. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful when I made reservations, at check in, and when returning from our trip at 6:00 AM. The shuttle started promptly at 4:00 AM as promised and goes to and from the airport every 30 minutes. Our rooms were clean and our beds were good. Our rooms also had a microwave and refrigerator which allowed us to have juice for our grandchildren, as we left before breakfast. Hot fresh coffee in the lobby was wonderful for the adults.

Rooms are on the small side, with either a king-size bed or two double beds. Because rollaways are not allowed in rooms with two double beds, one of our rooms had a king size bed with a sofabed for one of our grandchildren.

We found everything fine and would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Reliable shuttle to airport, overnight security, clean, and accomodating staff.
  • Disliked — Rooms are small, especially if there are more than two persons in the room.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

A nice and very clean (King) room and hotel. Plenty of parking when we stayed there. Breakfast was great--especially the waffles and biscuits. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. I wish there were a few more restaurants to choose from at this exit but the Ruby Tuesdays was very good. We felt perfectly safe here and absolutely did not hear any airplanes at all.

We stayed there while there was a high school band group there as well, and the only thing I wish is that the hotel would require everyone to wear shoes and appropriate attire to the breakfast area downstairs. ( I think all hotels should require this.) I didn't care much for having to sit next to a bunch of high school kids with barefeet and their PJ's on. It's one thing when its your own kids--but I really don't care much for seeing bra-less girls in tank tops and barefoot boys in shorts in a public eating area. I know their chaperones should know better--but it will probably take the hotels making the rule before some will realize that it's not apropriate.

Stayed April 2008
Roatan, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

The hotel was clean with very good quality beds and linens. Very comfy. Breafast is contintenal style but they also have do-your-own waffles, which was a nice touch. Hot tub was very large and very hot ! Meeting rooms were nice as well, but the support staff needed a bit of a kick in the pants. Same thing with the service at the front desk.
Over-all for the price we paid, it was a good deal.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lacey, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2008

Check in/Location/Amenities
On the website, the hotel appears to be brand new, but definitely is a few years old. The hotel is off 85, going south is one exit after the airport. I found it very difficult to find, as my GPS didn't have the first left you turn onto correct and had to turn around at a gas station. If you see an Embassy Suites, you can turn there and then make a left onto Sullivan. Is very close to some other hotels, Courtyard and Sheraton. Staff was fine, friendly, gave me the essential info about breakfast. Lobby was large, had a TV, sofa and some chairs to sit in. There is a nice business center off the lobby with a printer available. The small fitness center has a treadmill, elliptical and bike. They have a snack shop you can buy from, vending machines appeared to have cans available which was old school.

Room
Because I was given a wheelchair accessible room (which I didn't ask for and wasn't given a choice at check-in), my closet was literally 2' off the ground. My pants wouldn't even clear this so I used a chair. There is a microwave and fridge in the room with a very small coffeemaker and counter top (which isn't wheel chair accessible, so go figure). There is a large desk with a chair and free high speed worked well. Plenty of electrical outlets at the desk which is helpful. The bed was fine, slightly firm and my foam pillows weren't too flat, linens were clean. Bathroom was very large, clean and they give you very small shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

Here are my peeves, connecting doors. Can you say noise magnets? I really loathe connecting/adjoining rooms as you can pretty much hear everything in the room next to you. Have no idea if the whole hotel has these, but not good. Because the bathroom is wheelchair accessible the shower is an absolute joke for those who aren't in a wheelchair. There is a shower wand that doesn't do anything but come off the stick, so basically you have to be right under it to try and take a shower or take the wand off and try and shower yourself that way. Not a happy camper as I didn't feel clean afterwards. And then you have the planes. If you go to the hotel's website you'll see they have some type of "noise reduction technology." Really? Fooled me as the planes sound like they are landing next door. I guess you can't win much at a hotel near the airport.

Don't get me wrong, the hotel was clean and was being utilized by a lot of business travelers and had a decent rate. If I had been given a regular room with a non-connecting door, I wouldn't have had any problems except for plane noise. However, all I can say, I'm glad this was only for one night. I've had much better experiences at Fairfield's before, but I will say this, I'm booked at one at the end of the month in Florida. If that goes sour I'm all but done with this chain.

• Liked — Price, friendly staff, good free breakfast
  • Disliked — Noise, handicapped room not friendly to those not disabled
  • Stayed February 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

I painted myself into a corner by volunteering to work at our satellite office at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta before realizing this day was going to be a winter storm watch situation for our area.

Since I had promised, and wanted to keep my word, I decided to book myself at some airport-area lodging with an Airport Shuttle so I could park my vehicle and take the shuttle to and from the job for this one day. I figured they would probably be running pretty much no matter how bad our weather became. As the winter storm juggled out to be an event, but not as bad as it might have been, I would have been okay had I stayed home, but I did enjoy my little working-vacation getaway at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I selected this hotel through the Marriott website (so to garner myself some more Marriott Rewards points.) The AAA discount rate helped lower the price for me.

I chose the Fairfield Inn & Suites from the three Marriott airport options because the website indicated the room included a micro-fridge, which I just about insist on any more. These were indeed in my room and worked well; there was also the little mini-coffee-maker, a customer coin-operated laundry down the hall (which I didn't use but was glad was there) and my favorite, the free breakfast in the lobby, which, I must say, had a pretty good selection, considering it was not a steam-table type buffet. Right next door was the Courtyard by Marriott and out my window I could see a little further distant the big Marriott.

The lobby was really cozy with the gas firelogs going. Perfect for the little wintery snowy snap. The next morning before time to go to work, I went to the buffet. I gathered my coffee, juice, hot waffle and apple and sat over by the wide-screen tv to eat and watch the tv as our Southern television stations reported "Live From the Scene of the Flake," as I call it ;>)

The hotel was clean, my room was clean and the bed really comfy. I don't have any complaints at all. Everyone was friendly and helpful and the shuttle was just the thing for my purposes.

I would definitely consider Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South for another stay.

• Liked — Close proximity to Atlanta airport, micro-fridge, breakfast buffet, Airport Shuttle
  • Disliked — No negative comment; everything was just fine.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road? Share your experiences!