“We had to park around the corner at another hotel..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Sullivan Road, College Park, GA 30337   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Savannah, Georgia
“We had to park around the corner at another hotel..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Ok so we have stayed in numerous Fairfield's in the past and I have never had an experience such as this one. Upon check in, the front desk staff was very friendly and the room was clean but we left right away for the Brave's game. We got back to the hotel late and discovered there were no available parking spaces.. After speaking with the front desk staff they told us to just park next door at the Courtyard, but they also had no spaces left. Once again speaking to the hotel staff, we were told to park around the corner at a Microtel, but it was ok because they owned that property as well. Walking through an overgrown field in the dark was not ok with me.
Once we got upstairs, the entire floor smelled of marijuana and there was a pillow case tucked under a room close to the elevator. I reported it to the front desk but I'm not sure what came of the situation. I had to spray our room to mask the smell.
The room was nice enough. The beds were not nearly as comfortable as next door at the Courtyard (previous stay) but the room was clean and spacious. However, after using the sink we found out that it didn't drain very well and the shower had the same problem. After a ten minute shower, I was standing in water up to my ankles.
Considering the parking issue we had and then having to report the awful smell to the front desk, I decided to just deal with the problems.
The most dissatisfying part of the stay was the fact that I was told to leave my contact information for a manager to contact me. Apparently, managers do not work on the weekends and the front desk staff isn't really able to do anything aside from sell you a room. I understand they have limited authority so I left my contact information. That was Friday night; it is now Tuesday evening. I know my concerns aren't the most important matter to be dealt with but surely after two full business days, someone could have spared five minutes to call me.
I would not recommend the hotel simply because of the service. Little things go wrong all the time if you travel enough but when effort is not taken to make it right then it makes the situation that much worse. It's a decent hotel but if you're going on a busy night be prepared to park up the road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Good morning,

I am responding to apologize about you having to park at our other hotel during your stay. I will be honest with you and say that we sometimes run into that issue due to the park and fly program. We monitor it as best we can to make sure it does not impact our guests, but it seems as though we dropped the ball on this night. There is never an excuse for incovneniencing our guests and I am truly sorry that this happened. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we are able to focus more time and energy in that direction. Have a wonderful day and come back and see us when you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed twice in one trip - once before an early AM flight out of ATL and again at the end of our trip after a late (1am) flight back in to ATL. The first stay was ok - the hotel is in need of updates to the decor and amenities. The bed looks like it came from a garage sale and the bathroom is just sad. I can live with this, though - it was just a place to sleep for a few hours.

But our 2nd stay at the end of our trip was awful. We got there late and were exhausted. The first room reeked of smoke. When I tried to call the front desk, our room phone didn't work. I called the front desk from my cell and was told the hotel was full but she would call her manager and see if there was anything they could do. In the mean time, a security guy brought up a spray bottle of air freshener. Really?? You want me to clean my own room? At almost 2am? We called the front desk back a few minutes later, at the front desk person's request (room phone didn't work, as you recall), which we did and were told that we would be moved.

My husband walked to the front desk to get the new key (and saw a "lady of the night" leaving a room on his way down, but that's a whole different story...). He was told it was a "diamond suite" but it looked identical to the room we just left. However, it didn't smell like smoke. The bathroom faucet, though, was barely attached to the sink and took some maneuvering to turn off. I do have to say, I was a little miffed at the service - we're Marriott Gold Elite members and this was our first bad experience with a Marriott property.

In the morning, the breakfast area was crowded due to a church group which is fine, but made getting a quick breakfast a little difficult.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel - the service was fair, the room was sub-par, and finishes are in bad need of updating. The only plus I see is the proximity to the airport, but then again there are lots of other hotels close, too. In the future, we'll spend more and stay at the Courtyard next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Good afternoon,

I wanted to take some time and apologize to you for the issues you experienced durig your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention so that we can correct the things that went wrong. Again, I am truly sorry about this and do thank you for choosing our hotel. It is my hope that you would give us another chance in the future to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Upon my return to Germany I had to spend two nights there and it's what to expect for this kind of Hotel close to one of the biggest Airports worldwide...The rooms and bathrooms are clean which is most important to me. Breakfast is as usual, the buffet -style Quickie. Airport Shuttle every 30 min. to ATL Delta Domestic South. Staff was friendly and helpful. A Restaurant is close by within walking distance..approx. 5 mins. away, I think its called "Joe", friendly staff and all kinds of food and drinks served there. All in all, its really ok for a short stay.

Room Tip: Airport Shuttle Bus to Airport connects you to the "MARTA" Train station situated in the D...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Good afternoon! I wanted to take the time and thank you for staying at our hotel. I am glad to know that we were able to meet your expecations. Please stay with us again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Chose this hotel because it was close to the airport. Hotel is in major need of an upgrade. Outdated. Pool was broke. Our door barely shut. I've stayed @ several Fairfields and they were all great for the value.... I wouldn't return to this one. Staff is sparse... They could use some additional on hand given the volume coming in & out of this hotel. Some had reservations & they werent honored.... & were sent to another hotel due to over booking.

• Stayed July 2012
Good afternoon,

I am emailing to first apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our hotel. I am sorry that your door would not shut properly during your stay. I will definitely have my engineer to to check each door floor by floor to ensure that they are all closing properly. I am also sorry that you all had to witness the hotel having to walk some of our guests to another hotel due to being over capacity. We were extremely busy that night and had alot to deal with at the property. I apologize about all of this and would hope that you would stay with us again soon and give us a chance to win you back.

Earth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed here on an overnight trip at the airport. The room was nice except for a dead ladybug on the curtain and a dead bug of unknown species--but not a bedbug--under my pillows. When I asked for a different room, the front desk responded quickly, but the other room was only a little better as it had a live ladybug in the room. The Sullivan Road location is in a better area for the airport compared to other airport hotels, and the shuttle was reliable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Good morning! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. I apologize about the bugs in your room. This Spring has been a task with trying to keep the lady bugs out of the building. I appreciate you sharing this with us and giving us a chance to correct the problem. i will definitely make sure to address these issues with our rooms staff so that we pay a little bit closer attention to the details.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back!
Lancashire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here due to flight changes so we had an overnight stay before continuing on our honeymoon.

When we arrived we went to the shuttle area and spoke to the driver that had our hotel named on his bus parked in the hotel’s bay, he advised he was not on but another bus would be by in a few mins....it wasn't. we called the hotel who told us the same thing 30 mins later we were still waiting, airport staff seeing us waiting then also called, finally it arrived after around 45 mins of waiting not a great start!

When we got to the hotel we were told initially that we would have twin beds, we advised it was our honeymoon and showed the hotel vouchers showing the honeymoon request she then advised the best she could do was a twin double and that was it...no congrats or anything it was like we bothered her.

On getting to our room the keycard did not work so my husband had to go back down for her to tell him it hadn’t been activated!

After all that we were just happy to get into our room, change and get something to eat, we decided to place items in our safe but noticed it had no lock, however we then also read in the brochure that high value items should be placed in the hotel safe on reception so we bagged everything up and took it downstairs you can imagine our shock when the same girl tells us they have never had a safe downstairs and then says we wouldn’t (if we wanted) be able to change our room as we've’ utilised it’! To be honest on any other occasion that would have been it as she had got on my last nerve and her customer service was zero but as it was our honeymoon we just went back up and locked it in our suitcases but surely a safe is a basic especially when your own in room literature tells us you have one in room or use the one on reception.

When we came down we waited at reception to find out some more about where was good to eat but after no one came round to us after a few mins and our previous experience we decided we'd sort ourselves out.

The best part about being at the hotel was going to Ruby Tuesdays (just a few yards down the road) for our dinner where the service and food were impeccable and they even gave us cheesecake to take due to the fact it was our honeymoon.

Breakfast was a nothing just items in a fridge for you to heat yourself in a microwave, together with cereals, breads, tea, coffee, waffle maker etc. but to be honest we were just happy to be continuing onto Mexico for our honeymoon- See review on Secrets Maroma coming soon.

We would never stay here again as the staff had no customer service at all and good staff make a hotel!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Let me start by apologizing about the inconveniences you experienced while at our hotel. I am truly sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. I can I can assure you that we strive daily to please each and every guest; you are no exception. I apreciate you taking the time to share your expereince with me. You can be confident that I will share this with my staff and use it as a training tool to ensure that it does not happen to other guests. It is only through our guest feedback that we are able to continuously improve upon our service. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport, it is my hope that you would return and give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to our comfort.

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were recently in town for a religious observance and stayed at the Fairfield for 10 nights. The rooms were clean, breakfast was sufficient and the staff was wonderful. I had a flare-up of a re-occuring back injury and also took advantage of the whirlpool. I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. Please do come back and stay with us again soon, we would love to have you!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road? Share your experiences!