Ok so we have stayed in numerous Fairfield's in the past and I have never had an experience such as this one. Upon check in, the front desk staff was very friendly and the room was clean but we left right away for the Brave's game. We got back to the hotel late and discovered there were no available parking spaces.. After speaking with the front desk staff they told us to just park next door at the Courtyard, but they also had no spaces left. Once again speaking to the hotel staff, we were told to park around the corner at a Microtel, but it was ok because they owned that property as well. Walking through an overgrown field in the dark was not ok with me.
Once we got upstairs, the entire floor smelled of marijuana and there was a pillow case tucked under a room close to the elevator. I reported it to the front desk but I'm not sure what came of the situation. I had to spray our room to mask the smell.
The room was nice enough. The beds were not nearly as comfortable as next door at the Courtyard (previous stay) but the room was clean and spacious. However, after using the sink we found out that it didn't drain very well and the shower had the same problem. After a ten minute shower, I was standing in water up to my ankles.
Considering the parking issue we had and then having to report the awful smell to the front desk, I decided to just deal with the problems.
The most dissatisfying part of the stay was the fact that I was told to leave my contact information for a manager to contact me. Apparently, managers do not work on the weekends and the front desk staff isn't really able to do anything aside from sell you a room. I understand they have limited authority so I left my contact information. That was Friday night; it is now Tuesday evening. I know my concerns aren't the most important matter to be dealt with but surely after two full business days, someone could have spared five minutes to call me.
I would not recommend the hotel simply because of the service. Little things go wrong all the time if you travel enough but when effort is not taken to make it right then it makes the situation that much worse. It's a decent hotel but if you're going on a busy night be prepared to park up the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Linked by walkway to the airport, the Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel is 20 minutes from the city center. Feel at home in this soundproofed 24m²/258sq.ft room with high-speed internet access. The traditional room, in cool, calm tones, has floor-to-ceiling windows. Unwind after your flight in the sauna or gym then take a seat at the Japanese teppanyaki table at EastWest Restaurant. Do business in one of 19 meeting rooms then relax in the Executive Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road Hotel College Park
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
- Fairfield Inn College Park
- Fairfield College Park
- College Park Fairfield Inn