“Room smelled a little odd. Musty?” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in College Park
“Room smelled a little odd. Musty?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stay here because of the ease of getting to airport maybe 5 minute drive. Room is big and nice great service at check in. Priced right not sure what else I need to sleep?

The snack bar area is good place to get something to eat and drink. Nothing else to say but need 200 word for this review.

Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We arrived late to the airport, rented a car, and arrived here easily. Free parking was good. I like the fact that they offer fresh food in a little bar/snack area for travelers unlike other hotels of this class. Check in was easy although I thought a small bottle of aquafina water for 2.50 was pricey, but I bought one. I have a Hyatt credit card and used points for this stay and other places give you a water on check in but not here. We thought the room was large and the tv was especially big.. The design of having the sink in the middle of the bedroom area is a terrible one, though, and I would consider not staying in this chain in the future because of it.
After using the toilet you need to exit the bathroom and wash hands in the middle of the room, which is one thing, but I don't need to be an observer of the various private things my family needs to with their teeth or face before bed since there is no sink or mirror in the bathroom. I can't figure why this is considered a better design. My husband had to get up to use the sink in the night and of course it woke me and it is annoying since he was two feet away from the foot of the bed.

He went to sleep first and as I pulled down sheet on my side, I saw three dried blood stains! I couldn't call to have them change the sheets because he was exhausted and already asleep. So I slept there but I notified the management the next morning. I brought the head of housekeeping to see the sheets and she looked shocked because we both figured that it meant the sheets had not been changed from the last guest. She was kind and apologetic and told me I would be reimbursed the points I had used and additional points would be added. The room was very clean other than that, but it shows you that it pays to check each time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here on way back from Cozumel. Very good service, stayed in large room on 6th floor, 2 double beds with sitting area. We had to leave on the shuttle at 5 am. so they made us up a bag with fruit and muffins as breakfast started at 6. There is no formal restaurant on the premise, but they have a menu where you can order room service. We did this and also went to Ruby Tuesday which is in walking distance. Food was great there. I enjoyed atmosphere and experience. Shuttle drivers were great as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bardstown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Love this brand of hotels. Very clean and I love how open the rooms are and the sectionals. Stayed here this weekend. They had sausage and eggs, waffles, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, cereals for breakfast, Pretty much had breakfast covered.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Guayaquil, Guayas, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

It started with a friendly shuttle van driver picking me up from the domestic terminal at ATL, a very helpful receptionist, a good breakfast and a large, clean & comfy room!
They printed a few pages at no charge and held my parcels for a couple of days, which was hugely helpful! Good value for money!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My second time at this hotel and very satisfied. Room and beds are comfortable with mini fridge and microwave. Layout is like a suite. Adequate number of electrical outlets to charge your phone, camera batteries, computers etc. unlike some other hotel rooms.

Breakfast is a substantial upgrade above others and included in the price of the room - comparable to the $10-15 charged at some hotels. Eat hearty if you have a long day of travel and don't have time for meals at airport terminals and the airline doesn't offer any decent meals on your flight.

There is no long term parking here, but it is available at the hotel next door at a very reasonable rate. The lot fills up if you arrive late in the day.

Shuttle bus runs every 30 mins during peak hours. Driver was helpful and knowledgeable of airport services. He dropped off guests across from the shuttle that goes to the international terminal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here twice on layovers between our flights to and then from our trip to the D.R. When planning our trip we found it to be cheapest to stay overnight in ATL as it was the halfway point in our trip to paradise. We were definitely not disappointed. The rooms we very nice and clean. The decor was very modern and we loved the layout of the room (living room and kitchenette separate from actual bedroom). Also, the free shuttle too and from the airport was great! We definitely loved the front desk staff both stays. They gave us great recommendations for dinner from local ATL (non-chain) restaurants. We would stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South? Share your experiences!