“What a wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4669 Airport Blvd., College Park, GA 30337 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Airport South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 27 hotels in College Park
Georgia
“What a wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Just spend two nights at this recently renovated hotel and it was fabulous! I had a suite that was very spacious and tastefully appointed. Great location with easy airport access. Staff could not have been more helpful. All around wonderful stay - I would highly recommend this hotel if you plan on visiting Atlanta or flying out of Atlanta Airport!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Irene R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Ikzieba,

Thank you for the 5 star rating! I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and highly recommend my hotel. I will share your wonderful comments to my team members.

Irene Romero
Hotel Manager
404-487-5010

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Eagle, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Although the front lobby area was under construction when arrived, we had a great experience with this hotel. The beds are a little firm for my taste, but classy and exceptionally clean rooms and the pleasant helpful service more than made up for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Elli G,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to read that despite of construction, you found my hotel clean, classy and we provided you with pleasant and helpful team members.

I will share you great comments with the team.

Thank you for choosing my hotel. I value your business.

Irene Romero
Hotel Manager
404-487-5010
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is undergoing renovation, so some issues, but overall, good experience - our room was on the executive floor - it was clean, comfortable and quite cozy. We were tired after a long day of driving, so opted to dine in the hotel restaurant - bad, bad mistake. The food was awful - seriously poor quality - and the service was just as bad. My husband has always maintained the worst ribs he ever had ---- we're delicious! However that is no longer true... His ribs looked more like a burnt sacrifice. The presentation was non existent - it shocked us that Holiday Inn boasts of this restaurant's "outstanding food and service!" So - definitely stay in the hotel, but most definitely do not eat in the restaurant!!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear FiandBob,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to know you were satisfied with the room you had. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the renovations and your restaurant experience. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen C
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The location is good since they have a shuttle to the airport or there are lots of spaces for parking. Check-in was quick & our room was on the Executive floor. I think these rooms were probably newer than some of the other ones. Despite being near the airport, you can't hear planes. The bathroom was a strange shape & the shower does not have a tub, but it was still good. The only problem is I question how well the cleaning staff actually clean the rooms. In my room, there was something left in a drawer & a used shampoo bottle sitting in the shower. We used the fitness center which is small & has old equipment. One treadmill was broken & they said they had an elliptical, but they didn't really have one. Didn't try the pool but they do have a small indoor pool. Although the hotel is near the airport, there isn't really anything else but hotels nearby. I wish there was a restaurant that opens for breakfast in walking distance since the hotel does not offer complementary breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. Have stayed here before when the property was newer. Rooms were nice and comfy, clean, good pillows and nice to have a fridge. The bathroom was starting to look its age.. The shower head was loose and looked like it was going to fall off, wallpaper tearing but overall the bathroom was clean.
Wifi was a bit weak and the business center computers took forever but I was able to print without issue so it's ok.
Close to airport with reliable shuttle service.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Luluflies,

We appreciate you leaving a review on your recent stays with us. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any issues you have encountered.

We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We will pass over you comments made to our Maintenance Manager in order to investigate further.

Regards,

Brenda J.
West Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have had enough experiences with hotels, and this one just sent up a lot of red flags. So I didn't stay here. As soon as I walked into the lobby I started to get a bad feeling about the hotel. A guest was complaining at the desk because his reservation was mixed up; there was a line of people waiting to check in and the front desk was scrambling to help everyone. I had been sent here by an airline when I couldn't make a connecting flight. The lobby was worn down, acoustic ceiling tiles were coming up and looked stained. I saw a big black insect on the ceiling that looked like a roach. I should have taken picture of it. I thought I wouldn't get too upset about it, as I know roaches are common pests in the south. But when my room key wouldn't open the door, the door of my room showed evidence of rough use, and the hallway looked beat up with worn wallpaper and carpet, I decided to ask for my hotel voucher and go somewhere else. I never actually entered the room, so I honestly can't say what it would have been like. The shuttle driver was nice and the women at the front desk were kind as well. I see a lot of good reviews, so maybe I should have given it a chance, but I would rather sleep in an airport than spend the night in an unclean room. If the outside areas of the hotel look rough, I don't want to step into a room and take a chance on it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear peacemom49,

Ferdinand G
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We reserved the room for early check in on Monday morning, Oct. 7. Sunday night the weather caused many flight cancellations and there was not a room available when we arrived after our 16 hour flight from South Africa. We arrived at the hotel at 7:15 AM.

The hotel staff was friendly and they told us that as soon as housekeeping arrived they would have them work on a room for us. We were in a room by 8:30 AM. Our thanks to the front desk staff and especially Velina, Director of Housekeeping.

We check out at 4 PM to continue our flights west.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!