I have had enough experiences with hotels, and this one just sent up a lot of red flags. So I didn't stay here. As soon as I walked into the lobby I started to get a bad feeling about the hotel. A guest was complaining at the desk because his reservation was mixed up; there was a line of people waiting to check in and the front desk was scrambling to help everyone. I had been sent here by an airline when I couldn't make a connecting flight. The lobby was worn down, acoustic ceiling tiles were coming up and looked stained. I saw a big black insect on the ceiling that looked like a roach. I should have taken picture of it. I thought I wouldn't get too upset about it, as I know roaches are common pests in the south. But when my room key wouldn't open the door, the door of my room showed evidence of rough use, and the hallway looked beat up with worn wallpaper and carpet, I decided to ask for my hotel voucher and go somewhere else. I never actually entered the room, so I honestly can't say what it would have been like. The shuttle driver was nice and the women at the front desk were kind as well. I see a lot of good reviews, so maybe I should have given it a chance, but I would rather sleep in an airport than spend the night in an unclean room. If the outside areas of the hotel look rough, I don't want to step into a room and take a chance on it.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Airport South Hotel College Park
- Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Airport South Hotel
- Holiday Inn College Park
- College Park Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport Hotel is conveniently located off I-85 adjacent to Hartsfield Jackson International Airport (ATL). Our hotel provides guests with easy access to Atlanta's major businesses and attractions. In addition, the Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport offers complimentary shuttle service to the Atlanta airport. Our full-service Atlanta hotel is just minutes from countless attractions and shopping options, including the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena, CNN Center, Turner Field, the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coke and Centennial Olympic Park. Atlanta corporate travelers will appreciate our Atlanta hotel's location near area businesses such as Coca-Cola, CNN as well as the Georgia Int'l Convention Center. Atlanta's Georgia World Congress Center is just eight miles away. Our hotel offers 3500 sq. ft. of event space with full catering and A/V services available. A 24-hour business center and free Wi-Fi are available to accommodate your business and personal needs. During your stay at our award-winning Atlanta hotel, enjoy premium amenities like an indoor pool with a whirlpool, our Nautilus-equipped fitness center and the American Brasserie Restaurant and Lounge, which offers a variety of favorites in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. Room service is also available for your convenience. Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport the best choice for comfort and affordability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.