“Excellent facility poorly run” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4669 Airport Blvd., College Park, GA 30337 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Airport South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 27 hotels in College Park
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent facility poorly run”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Hotel is moderately nice, however the service is horrible. Used bar of soap in the shower to greet me in the morning. Housekeeping showed up at 5 pm to clean the room after I had just returned from an all day meeting. Front desk clerks are very rude. When I checked out and told them about the conditions and no housekeeping, sorry sir have a nice day. I have had better service at a Motel 6. One of the worst place to have business conference I have ever attended, kids running around the hall screaming and the hotel staff did not say a word.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Steve T,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I think a lot of people end up here because of flight delay issues. I spent the night due to mechanical issues with my plane. When the Delta customer service agent handed me my voucher and said I'd be staying at the Holiday Inn, I admit I cringed. I'm a bit of a hotel snob and I always think of Holiday Inn properties as bare bones and basic. But for one night I thought I'd suck it up. The room itself was equal to any Marriott I've stayed in. The only negative was that it smelled of moth balls. But it was very clean. Since I got there late, I grabbed a drink and some food at the hotel bar (the restaurant was already closed.) The food options were what I expected but the service was very good. I must say the service was pleasant all around, from the shuttle driver to the front desk to the bartender. Another benefit is its proximity to the airport. No more than a 10 minute drive so it makes if very convenient for early morning flights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ernejean T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review. We recently renovated our guestrooms and meeting space to create a "Great Hotel Guest Love", and we appreciate your acknowledgement our our hotel guestrooms and the service that was provided. The staff and I look forward to having your return.

Thanks,
Ernejean Toney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This Holiday Inn was a great value. The Hotel seems fairly new and is very clean but it was often difficult to find a parking spot even though you pay 6.00 per day for one. There are few options for food within walking distance but plenty of options within 10-15 mins by car. The customer service is better than many places that charge 2x as much. Debra Alston at the front desk waited on me several times and was fabulous. I also saw her navigating a huge line and treating everyone the same way. If I owned a business, I would hire her. Overall, very clean place with great service.

• Stayed July 2013
Ernejean T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. Your comments are very much valued. We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with great service and accommodations again on your next visit.

Thanks
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I only stayed one night and am regretting it GREATLY!! Made a reservation online and was told that I was paying for a room that was a special offer "VIP w/ Complimentary Breakfast" included. I PREPAID the room. First of all, the breakfast was NOT COMPLIMENTARY! When I mentioned this to the Front Desk, I was told that I had to PROVE that I was supposed to receive this and then had to return to my room to retrieve my confirmation page to which it did not mention the complimentary breakfast AS PROMISED. The "Manager" then proceeded to give my husband and I breakfast tickets. When we checked out account, we had been charged for the COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST and charged TWICE for the room that was prepaid!!!! The "Manager" told us that we had to make sure the confirmation included the complimentary breakfast. REALY!! How about Hoiiday Inn ensures that the online rep does not MISLEAD the guests? How about the front desk clerk take the time to investigate the issues instead of demanding that the guests PROVE themselves? Is that customer service? My husband and I will NEVER stay at this hotel or ANY Holiday Inn ever again. We are still awaiting the refund of the second charge to our card for the room and the complimentary breakfast which turned out not to be complimentary. Regarding the breakfast, it's not even good. Everything was cold and the breads and pastrys were hard and dry. As a warnng, if you decide to book with this hotel via online, do yourself a favor and DO NOT fall for the "complimantary breakfast" crap and be sure to double check your confirmation to ensure that it says what you're supposed to receive because it doesn't show at the front desk and you'll be asked to PROVE yourself.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the reservation challenge, and spoken to the front desk employee. Should you return, I would love the opportunity to speak with directly, so please ask for me Ernejean Toney. We hope see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Thanks again,
Ernejean Toney
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

There's nothing spectacular about this property. Stayed here 1 night on discounted rate to be closer to the airport. Room was a standard 2 bed but we managed to sleep 6 comfortably. Asked the front desk for blankets, pillows and extra towels. Received them in record time with no issues. Will stay here again if I can get the discounted rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear kendr390,

Thank you for the candid review of our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I want to thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such important information about your recent stay. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cambridgeshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Free shuttle from Domestic terminals of ATL Hotel close by, waited about 20 minutes. Return shuttle runs from 05:00-01:00 every ½ hr. Shares shuttle with Hyatt Place.
Recognition of Plat membership gets free breakfast vouchers. There is an American brassiere attached to the lounge where one can get breakfast, lunch dinner and drinks.
There is a Ruby Tuesdays around the back of the Hyatt, but not much else in the area.
Small pool (open 08:00-23:00) and very basic gym (open 24hrs).
Décor is a bit dated but functional.

Free coffee in the lounge area, not sure what time from\up to though. Was there from 06:00 until at least 09:00 on a weekday.
Guest laundry on the 5th floor. Buy the powder etc in the shop by reception.
Free Wifi in rooms though it did keep dropping to 1Mbps at times.
Fridge in the room + coffee maker. There is a vending + ice area on each floor. This area also had a microwave.
Didn’t hear too much aircraft noise at night.
Overall a good one nighter for a near airport hotel with free shuttle.
I would recommend this hotel and stay again when overnighting at ATL.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed here several times for an overnight stay before an early flight and I've always been pleased. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean and the beds are pretty comfortable. They have a restaurant and the food is better than you might expect for an airport hotel. The best thing is the airport shuttle that arrives every 30 minutes or so. It's so convenient and the drivers are always pleasant (even at 4am). They have a guarded parking lot to leave your car and the rates are very reasonable. This is the only hotel I will stay at in the Atlanta airport area if at all possible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!