“Clean rooms, convenient shuttle” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4669 Airport Blvd., College Park, GA 30337 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Airport South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Clean rooms, convenient shuttle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed here several times for an overnight stay before an early flight and I've always been pleased. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean and the beds are pretty comfortable. They have a restaurant and the food is better than you might expect for an airport hotel. The best thing is the airport shuttle that arrives every 30 minutes or so. It's so convenient and the drivers are always pleasant (even at 4am). They have a guarded parking lot to leave your car and the rates are very reasonable. This is the only hotel I will stay at in the Atlanta airport area if at all possible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed there and the rooms were nice and clean but could've been updated with new furniture. We did visit the pool and it was ok but there were other guest there smoking so we had to leave, maybe they should have security check the pool periodically. On our second day we went to the restaurant to eat breakfast and it seemed chaotic and unorganized to say the least. First, we waited a few minutes to be seated, no one seemed to want to help us and there were other guest standing behind us as well. Finally a lady ( not sure who she was because she didn't have on a uniform and couldn't see her name tag) seated us with menus and told us that a server would be with us shortly. We waited a few more minutes and there was a tall lady who seemed to avoid us and another young lady standing by the register who seemed to be just standing there. A server finally came to our table and she seemed frustrated and was not very friendly but did take our order. When we did finally get our food it was ok considering how long we waited.....but the service was terrible!!!!! I would not recommend anyone staying there to eat in the hotel restaurant, it is not the quality that I have come to expect from a brand that I have stayed with many times. Bernard answered our questions at the front desk he was friendly and the lady that seated us was friendly and apologetic for our wait.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ernejean T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your review. The management and staff value you as a customer, and we take your comments as an opportunity to re-train our staff to offer you and other guest the best possible service. We do hope that in the future that you will give us another chance to provide you with the service that I know our staff can provide.

Erne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Though the room was 60 degrees on July 2 when we arrived, we got it to a comfortable 72 by opening the drapes and turning off the air. The room was large and very clean. Pros: Friendly employees, free shuttle to airport, refrigerator and coffee maker in room, the Wi-Fi worked great and was free. Cons: In order to pay for the free shuttle, one is charged $6.00 to not use the shuttle system and park one's car. Also the lack of a micro- wave, and no continental breakfast was a bummer.

Room Tip: Stay away from the drink machines due to the noise..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vincennes, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed Wednesday June 26th, corner room I believe 425, because of a missed connection and Delta paid for my room. Upon check in I asked I believe Melinda or Melanie if I could add my Platinum Priority club number and she said no, because the airline was paying for my room. I then asked if I could get a water, drink or anything as a Platinum Priority Club member and she again shot me down. Disappointed as I choose to Stay with the IHG group because of perks, If I’m paying, my wife’s paying or airline is paying, I’m still a Platinum member.
The Room was hot so I adjusted the thermostat and in the morning it was actually hotter in the room then when I checked in. My shower and coffee pot were dirty.
Upon departing the same lady was at the front desk, I asked for a receipt as a record I stayed at the hotel. Melanie or Melinda was rude and told me everything goes to the airline and she can do nothing to help me. Again crappy customer service and a dirty hot room,
I will never stay at this hotel again, free or not, it was a terrible experience.
Tony W

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ernejean T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you Tony for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate you being a loyal customer. Tony, we have looked into the problem with the thermostat in that guestroom and we have been able to fix it. We take your comments seriously regarding customer service, and we will be re-training our front desk staff on some of the challenges that you faced. In the future, we do hope that you would give us an opportunity to service you and provide you with great service.

Ernejean Toney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family and I had an excellent experience at this hotel. The employees were very friendly. Debra at the front desk was awesome. She was very knowledgeable of her job and very attentive to the guests needs. She is an asset to this facility.

• Stayed June 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel was convenient as far as location. The carpet in the room could use a cleaning though. The staff Kurtisha and Ebony were great. They were polite, friendly and answered ant questions that we had. I will definitely use this hotel again. Even the breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late after a long flight and wanted to stay near the hotel after picking up our rental car (to get used to driving on the wrong side!). Parking is cheap, the location was easy to find, and the hotel is amazing value. The staff are very friendly, and the rooms are great - the bed is like sleeping on a cloud, and the shower is lovely! Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!