“Sleep and fly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4669 Airport Blvd., College Park, GA 30337 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Airport South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 27 hotels in College Park
Moneta, Virginia, United States
“Sleep and fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Spending the night at HI South in Atlanta for a morning flight to warmer climates :) the lobby is very tastefully decorated and the single front desk staff was very helpful/friendly! We had a light dinner...food was good...the halls are wide and well lighted, the rooms spacious and updated. Perhaps the shower floor could have been a bit cleaner, but all in all, satisfied with the accommodations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed one night at the Hyatt Atlanta South and because the restaurant there was out of practically everything on the menu, we walked across the parking lot to the Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport-South. It's restaurant, the American Brasserie, offered many choices, however, since it was almost 10 P.M. we didn't want to eat a large meal. We settled for the chicken quesadillas. They were sensational and we complimented Chef Omer when he inquired how we liked them.
Kudo for Omer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

i stayed there during the snow storm up north.
hotel is ok. good and friendly service. It's located right along a runway, so can be a bit loud.
biggest drawback in my opinion were the small, square pillows. ... feels a bit like sleeping with a couch pillow rather than a real bed pillow.
Also - they have three holiday inns on the airport, so if you take a shuttle to one, make sure you get to the correct address - this one is the "South" one.

Room Tip: try to face away from the runway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear businessadvisor2,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any issues you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Monster, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel has a great location, 2 minutes with the shuttlebus from the airport. The service at check-in and check-out is very good and quick. Pleasant staff that answer all your questions.

Rooms are nice and well-equipped and have all amenities. The beds are good and the bathrooms nice. The price of the room was really good looking at the quality, we pre-booked 2 months prior. Our roomprice included breakfast.

The breakfast buffet was good with good choice nad fresh fruit. Service with breakfast was really slow though but friendly, but it doesn't work if you are in a real hurry.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back of the hotel which is at the other side of the airport for the noise o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ernejean T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! I am so sorry that your restaurant experience with us was less than satisfactory. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve the service response. We will be delighted to have you to return if your future plans bring you back to Atlanta.
Highland, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff at the front desk was very friendly. The rooms were nicely furnished and appointed. My main complaint is that the bathroom was not particularly clean. Don't want to gross anybody out so I won't go into a lot of detail. I'm a stickler for clean bathrooms and this one was not. Also, there was some piece of loose metal outside my room that was flapping all night long in the wind making it difficult to sleep.

Also, the restaurant was terrible. I'd post separately on the restaurant but they don't seem to have a review page. Had dinner and breakfast there - would not eat there again. Long wait for service and food on both visits. My glass was empty almost the whole time on both visits. The breakfast buffet was scant, the eggs and potatoes were cold, the bread was so stale it could have been used for crouton...really bad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Erich P,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. It is good to know that you found our location to be convenient to your needs and our staff to be friendly. I deeply apologize for the issues encountered with the bathroom facility and if the food served during your travel did not live up to expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this is our best means of improving what we can offer.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Dana and Kurtisha are the best! After flying in from a very cold climate. Rushing through Atlanta traffic to meet with clients. Getting back in traffic with clients reviewing buildings. Grabbing a quick bite at J.R. CRICKETS (best chicken!). I went to the other Holiday Inn (North) at the airport only to be rudely told that my reservation was for the Airport South location. I asked if her location offered airport shuttle I would like to stay at her location because I was very cold and tired! My room wasn't paid for or a special rate. Even though they were not booked the clerk told me I had to go to the South location. Even though I had turned in my rental car. Thank GOD she did! Dana & Kurtisha were so pleasant and helpful! They actually lifted my spirits! Then when I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely and comfortable the room was. Especially for the price! The refrigerator is actually large enough to put food and drinks in! The decor was updated. Nice large flat big screen. The bed and pillows were accommodating for a soft or firm preference! I travel often, weekly for work. I'm now going to see if the Holiday Inn offers some type of stay rewards incentives. My Corprate office is in Atlanta. Holiday Inn Airport South will be my choice when I'm in Atlanta! Safe investment! Really clean room! :) Leslie W.

• Stayed January 2013
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We've used this property two times for layovers in ATL. Yes, it's your basic Holiday Inn but the staff is very friendly right down to the shuttle drivers. We enjoyed watching some sports in the nice bar area and the highlight is their food which is definitely above average. Very close to airport. Comfortable for a family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!