“Friendly staff, Not very clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4669 Airport Blvd., College Park, GA 30337 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Airport South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Highland, Utah
“Friendly staff, Not very clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff at the front desk was very friendly. The rooms were nicely furnished and appointed. My main complaint is that the bathroom was not particularly clean. Don't want to gross anybody out so I won't go into a lot of detail. I'm a stickler for clean bathrooms and this one was not. Also, there was some piece of loose metal outside my room that was flapping all night long in the wind making it difficult to sleep.

Also, the restaurant was terrible. I'd post separately on the restaurant but they don't seem to have a review page. Had dinner and breakfast there - would not eat there again. Long wait for service and food on both visits. My glass was empty almost the whole time on both visits. The breakfast buffet was scant, the eggs and potatoes were cold, the bread was so stale it could have been used for crouton...really bad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Erich P,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. It is good to know that you found our location to be convenient to your needs and our staff to be friendly. I deeply apologize for the issues encountered with the bathroom facility and if the food served during your travel did not live up to expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this is our best means of improving what we can offer.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Dana and Kurtisha are the best! After flying in from a very cold climate. Rushing through Atlanta traffic to meet with clients. Getting back in traffic with clients reviewing buildings. Grabbing a quick bite at J.R. CRICKETS (best chicken!). I went to the other Holiday Inn (North) at the airport only to be rudely told that my reservation was for the Airport South location. I asked if her location offered airport shuttle I would like to stay at her location because I was very cold and tired! My room wasn't paid for or a special rate. Even though they were not booked the clerk told me I had to go to the South location. Even though I had turned in my rental car. Thank GOD she did! Dana & Kurtisha were so pleasant and helpful! They actually lifted my spirits! Then when I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely and comfortable the room was. Especially for the price! The refrigerator is actually large enough to put food and drinks in! The decor was updated. Nice large flat big screen. The bed and pillows were accommodating for a soft or firm preference! I travel often, weekly for work. I'm now going to see if the Holiday Inn offers some type of stay rewards incentives. My Corprate office is in Atlanta. Holiday Inn Airport South will be my choice when I'm in Atlanta! Safe investment! Really clean room! :) Leslie W.

• Stayed January 2013
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We've used this property two times for layovers in ATL. Yes, it's your basic Holiday Inn but the staff is very friendly right down to the shuttle drivers. We enjoyed watching some sports in the nice bar area and the highlight is their food which is definitely above average. Very close to airport. Comfortable for a family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on business and thought it was just average. The location is great and easy to find, but the room decor could do with some updating. The breakfast buffet was good however and the beds very comfortable.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear seattle29,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

All of the expected ammenities at the HI properties. It was within 10 minutes shutle ride from the Airport. Our room's auto thermostat was broken, it remained fairly cool although we put the temperture around 78.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator adjacent rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
london , england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel was chosen for me by my company since I was attending a training course at the airport, so location was paramount.
During my eight night stay I found the free airport shuttle to be extremely reliable, it operates every 1/2 hour and only takes a couple of minutes.

I had a room on the 6th (apparently executive floor) although I'm not sure what the difference was. The room was clean, bed extremely comfortable with a choice of pillows, tea/coffee maker and a fridge. The towels were completely changed every day which I found unneccessary but that's just my opinion.

The swimming pool is fine for children but not long enough to swim in and over chlorinated.
The gym is compact, but the bike doesn't work and the equipment is very old, especially the treadmill. The water cooler dispenses only hot water!

The main negative of the hotel is the restaurant and food.
At breakfast there is only 1 waiter/waitress on duty.
Breakfast the first morning was so frustrating, I was ignored by the only waitress for 5 minutes, before i approached her to be seated. She was extremely slow and not proactive, everything was done at her own speed, in total it took over an hour in a very quiet restaurant to get served, eat and pay - there were only 3 other tables to look after.
Justin however deserves a medal, he is great, friendly, efficient and runs around trying to keep everyone happy, - even on 2 mornings when it was extremely busy he just got on with it.
The choice of food for dinner is quite limited, the menu is small and identical to the room service one.
On the 4th evening i had just finished dinner sat at the bar, i noticed something running towards me across the floor, a cockroach the length or my index finger was heading straight for my bar stool. The man next to me managed to stop it in its tracks, but i did not return to the restaurant after that.
I would recommend Ruby Tuesdays restaurant which is a 2 minute walk through the car park behind the adjoining Hyatt Place hotel, the menu is not only much, much bigger but food and drinks are also cheaper.

This hotel is fine if you need a clean, comfy bed for the night, close to the airport but everything else seems sadly lacking.
There is noise from the aircraft but this did not bother me, although some people may find this an issue.
I would not recommend this hotel for more than 2 nights, at current standards

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel November 28, 2012. We chose to have an overnight connection so we wouldn't risk missing our early morning flight if we were delayed from our home airport. It worked out perfect - the free shuttle was quick and convenient (less than a 5 minute ride). The room was very clean and reasonably priced. It was convenient to make coffee in the room but they also made it available in the lobby. There are many choices in the area but I would recommend this hotel and would definitely book it again myself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!