“NEVER ever coming back!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Atlanta Airport West

You added Super 8 Atlanta Airport West to your Saves list
Super 8 Atlanta Airport West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4979 Old National Hwy, I-85 exit 69 and I-285 exit 62, College Park, GA 30349   |
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Savannah, GA
“NEVER ever coming back!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

First of all this was the last option me and my family had to go to, since all the other hotels in the area were full. After a long night around 3am the first room we were in was infested with roaches everywhere. They were falling from the ceiling on me my husband and son age 1. The couches were nasty with stains and of course, roaches. Then to make matters worse, the walls of the room were filled with holes like there had been fighting in the room, we complained and was moved to another room.
Now when me and my family moved to this room, it was an automatic stench to it. We thought it was a smell from smoke until my son started to cough days later. After 3 days of being there, turned out the stench was the nasty smell of mushrooms growing from the carpet under the sink. So, that odor was fungus and mold (Yeah, it really was bad!). After bringing it to the front desk attention, it was like they didn't believe a single word my husband was saying, so it was like a team that came down with him to see the problem. After seeing the problem the so called maintenance man scraped the mushrooms from the carpet. My husband was trying to explain to them the problem is underneath the carpet. We wanted our money back they said it was not refundable. We called customer service for a complaint, and she said there's no listings of that travelodge in her database, then talking to her for a while she noticed that the travelodge we were in was shut down along time ago. She let us file a report. So they moved us to a third and final room.
This room was okay but eventually had problems. The T.V only had 10 working channels, the phone didn't work, the lights wouldn't turn on and the AC doesn't cut off unless you unplug it, which was being held up by one stick of wood.
Our experience here was never-the-less horrible. We didn't have any room service, manager was rude and stayed down stairs, we stayed next door to a prostitute who had men coming in and out all day and night, you couldn't recognize the maids from the guest, and there were police officers circling the hotel constantly. Overall horrible and wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy dog.
THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!!!! COME SEE FOR YOURSELF!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
geogia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

This was by far the worse hotel ever!! I've seen places outside cleaner than those rooms....

ok first off when my boyfriend and I arrived i walked into the room to be hit by a strong smell. someone had jus sprayed air freshner, apparently trying to disguise the unpleasant scent coming from the bathroom...i then walked to the bathroom to find that the toliet seat had been crusted over. the bath tub looked as if someone had been murdered and the blood had stained the inside of the tub... it was so nasty. My boyfriend later noticed that they put only ONE sheet under the comforter and the sheets had NOT been washed. the comforter was also very nasty and sticky.
the tv only got channels 2-27, when we walked out the room to get some food , we then found out that the door did not lock and that it just opened right up. That was then the last straw.

when we addressed our problems to the staff, they acted as if they had already known that the door didnt lock and they were hoping that we did not notice! he then gave us another room, im thinkin in my head oh lord please at least let this one have clean sheets!

On the way to the next room we believe that we saw prostitution going on ...a man beat on a room door, a woman opened up and the man said "do you have my money??!!" the girl jumped back when she saw us (apparently embarrassed) she then said "what??" and he yelled "Do you have my money!!!?" i walked away quickly.....i was not about to come between a pimp and his ho...anyway....
The next room wasnt much better. the carpet was so soiled that our feet had turned so black, it was the color of a black crayon! when we were ready to take a shower, we found out they gave us ONE rag...when we got in the shower the water was hot for about 2 minutes then quickly turned ice cold! our feet were so dirty from the carpet that we could see black water running down the drain. the toliet in this bathroom was fine....the tub was cleaner....the tv got channels 2-72. by this time we got several phone calls from the front desk but weren't able to answer because the headset did not work on the phone. oh yeah and i guess one good side is tthat they put more than ONE sheet on the bed and instead of the door opening right up it locked but we had to screw the lock pad back on cus it look as if someone had knocked the door down and it came off!!

so the morning comes and we are ready to check out. My boyfriend likes to keep the air blasting at night so of course when we woke up it was freezing so, my boyfriend goes over to turn the heat on and before the heat could even really start to work the fire alarm goes off!! i just rolled over from my side of the bed and said softy just turn the air off..(and then yelled) "LETS GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE"!

thank God that we made it out safe... i recommend his hotel to roaches, rats, and outside dogs because they are the only ones who can probably stay there!!!

• Liked — when we were leaving, that was the BEST part!
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boise, ID
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

Stayed there for one night. Room smelled so bad I couldn't sleep. Filthy. Wallpaper peeling, lampshades broken. High crime area. Had to call several cab companies before I found one that was willing to drive into this area.
Frightening.
Sorry excuse for a hotel. My taxi driver said this is a place known for crime and prostitution.
STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Western Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

Plusses: The rate was right! Through AARP/Travelocity got great rate. Son & I stayed overnight to catch early morning flight. Convienent, near airport, but we had our own transportation, so didn't experience the shuttle trauma other customers report. Room seemed clean.
Minuses: No remote for TV, no cups, NO INTERNET ACCESS in room. Asked desk clerk if I could get access up in the office, "Maybe", (she didn't know.) "Seasonal" pool evidently doesn't include July -- empty except for collect rainwater. Would look for a nearby alternative accomodations next time.

• Liked — Proximity to Airport
  • Disliked — No Internet Access, no cups, no TV remote
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
LaFollette, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

Hotel was under renovation which would have been okay as things do not fix themselves.. room was filthy and was not one that had been renovated yet, pool was empty after I was told it would be open and had trash in it. The repair debris was just outside our door, and no housekeeping during our entire stay. The driveway to the hotel passes an abandoned building and sits behind it. We didn't really feel all that safe but were unable to get out of the nightmare as Travelocity and AARP had already charged our card and because of the "great "rate it was non refundable.

Stayed June 2007
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

pre-paid for hotel room 2 months in advance after driving 10 long hours in the pouring rain with 4 kids we were exhausted only to arrive at the hotel and the office doors locked! the manager was sitting there on the phone and told us there was no rooms, we held up our paper with our reciept and confirmation number and he still didnt care, he said "dont know what to tell you i dont have no rooms" he wouldnt even unlock the door to give us our money back, so we called days inn customer service and they called him and he said the same thing to them! So after about an hour sitting in a very bad area customer service (which was very helpful) finally got us a room across the street at a howard johnsons free of charge and are gonna credit me back for the first hotel! So stay away all reviews about this being in a very bad area are true across the street and howards was alot nicer! guy at days inn front desk is very rude! do not pre-pay or you might not get a room! I learned my leason, no more pre-paying for me!!

Stayed April 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2006

This was the worst expericence I have ever had with a hotel. They lie about what they have (continental breakfast, room service). It is ghetto. Please what ever you do stay away at any costs.Days inn should close this down. It makes them look horrible. close it down

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Atlanta Airport West? Share your experiences!