First of all this was the last option me and my family had to go to, since all the other hotels in the area were full. After a long night around 3am the first room we were in was infested with roaches everywhere. They were falling from the ceiling on me my husband and son age 1. The couches were nasty with stains and of course, roaches. Then to make matters worse, the walls of the room were filled with holes like there had been fighting in the room, we complained and was moved to another room.
Now when me and my family moved to this room, it was an automatic stench to it. We thought it was a smell from smoke until my son started to cough days later. After 3 days of being there, turned out the stench was the nasty smell of mushrooms growing from the carpet under the sink. So, that odor was fungus and mold (Yeah, it really was bad!). After bringing it to the front desk attention, it was like they didn't believe a single word my husband was saying, so it was like a team that came down with him to see the problem. After seeing the problem the so called maintenance man scraped the mushrooms from the carpet. My husband was trying to explain to them the problem is underneath the carpet. We wanted our money back they said it was not refundable. We called customer service for a complaint, and she said there's no listings of that travelodge in her database, then talking to her for a while she noticed that the travelodge we were in was shut down along time ago. She let us file a report. So they moved us to a third and final room.
This room was okay but eventually had problems. The T.V only had 10 working channels, the phone didn't work, the lights wouldn't turn on and the AC doesn't cut off unless you unplug it, which was being held up by one stick of wood.
Our experience here was never-the-less horrible. We didn't have any room service, manager was rude and stayed down stairs, we stayed next door to a prostitute who had men coming in and out all day and night, you couldn't recognize the maids from the guest, and there were police officers circling the hotel constantly. Overall horrible and wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy dog.
THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!!!! COME SEE FOR YOURSELF!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Super 8 Atlanta Airport West, located minutes away from Hartsfield Jackson Airport and we offer free Shuttle Service. The Super 8 offers a free Superstart Breakfast, High Speed Wireless Internet, Outdoor Pool, and Wyndham Rewards. We have restaurants within minutes. Downtown Atlanta, Georgia Aquarium, Coca-Cola, Underground Atlanta, Zoo Atlanta, and Six Flags are within twenty minutes or less. We look forward to welcoming you to the Super 8 College Park/Atlanta Airport West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Atlanta Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Atlanta Airport West Hotel College Park
- Travelodge College Park
- Travelodge Hotel College Park