“Park Sleep and Fly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2450 Old National Pkwy., College Park, GA 30349 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Airport South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in College Park
Albany, Georgia
“Park Sleep and Fly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I found out that there was no hot water in my room around 9:00 p.m. and was given the option to change rooms. I had a 7 am flight on the next morning and had unpacked my bags for the night and this was a terrible inconvenience. I am going back tomorrow and will comment on that visit also.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I read the previous reviews before I stayed here and they were not good. I was expecting the same service but I was surprised that they were not at all what the reviews said. The rooms were really clean and the staff was nice. It was conveniently located near the airport so I was pleased. I like the choice brand of hotels because they are in my budget , they meet my needs for a budget hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Comfort-GA321, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for telling your actual experience at our property. Guest satisfaction we take very seriously and we continue to strive for excellence. The property is under new ownership and new management with a lot of good things to come. Please continue to enjoy our property as we provide a clean quiet and relaxing enviroment.
Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I live in the Atlanta area and many of the hotels near the airport offer parking rates that are substantially less than airport or even off airport lots. I have used several of them of the years (I fly about 4 times a year). I used Comfort Inn & Suites ATL South for the 1st time on a recent trip (10/17 - 10/21/13). When I left on the 17th I asked where the pick-up spot was when I returned. He said Zone 3 which I was familiar with from other trips. I called the hotel (2:02 pm) when I got my luggage and headed straight to Zone 3. I was told the driver was on the way. I saw vans for the hotels I had previously used come and go twice while I was still waiting. I called back at 2:44 pm and the driver showed up about 10 minutes later. He claimed he had been there before but I assure I checked every van that entered the area and none of them were Comfort Inn. He had a few versions of what happened. The wait and the excuses were unacceptable although the driver eventually apologized. I spoke to the person I called at the hotel twice and he referred me to the general manager. The person I spoke to on the phone said he hoped I wouldn't post any complaint. I told him if I wasn't satisfied after speaking to the GM, I surely would post a complaint. The GM said he tried to determine what happened between the person I spoke to and the driver but he wasn't much help. He didn't offer any future discount but did ask that I give then another try. I said no thanks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Yeadon, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

When my Fiancee and I arrived to check in, we were not able to check into our Jacuzzi suite because there had been a flood. We were given another room without a Jacuzzi, when we walked in the refrigerator was leaking all over the carpet and they carpet was soaked in the room, We were then given another room and we were locked out of that room all night. We returned around 12:30 am and our key would not work, front desk came with a key and his key would not work. He proceeded to say that he would call maintenance in the morning. Our personal belongings pajamas,meds everything were in that room. I asked to speak with the General Manager(who I see reads these) he was nice however he never called maintenance until the morning to resolve this situation. We were not able to return to our room until 12 pm the next day!!! How would you feel if you were locked out of your hotel room all night and had none of your belongings?? I felt the GM should had worked to no end to resolve this for his paying guests. After all of that, he expected us to pay with a $20 discount!! Are you serious?? Why should we pay for this experience?? We sere supposed to stay another night, but after we were not compensated, we checked out - Do not stay there customer service from GM and franchise owner (who was on the property next day overhearing all of this and never once came over to say a word or apologize while we sat in the lobby waiting for the room to open). Rooms are falling apart

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Janesville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We made this reservation over the phone without looking at the property. Upon walking in the door to check in, we noticed a film on the top of the swimming pool. Upon entering the room, noticed the couch would not have been good enough for our basement. In the bedroom, the smoke alarm was ripped off the wall. The TV did not work or have a remote. The bottom sheet was patched. Coffee maker but no coffee pot. Bugs crawling around in the bathroom. Breakfast in the morning was cold. Could not wait to get out of there. Called the 800 number for Comfort Inn and told them this place was not worthy to have the name Comfort on their sign. I've stayed in better Motel 6's. Comfort said they would check on this property and let us know what they found but we have not heard from them.

Room Tip: We should have looked at the swimming pool and asked for a refund on our reservation. We did not sl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Comfort-GA321, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I am sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our breakfast
attendant. Rest assured I have discussed your comments with them, and we have made the
necessary improvements. I would like to make this right, please contact me at
gm.ga321@choicehotels.com to discuss your concerns further.

Since your last visit we are now under new Management and thing are much better I am sure you would enjoy your next visit if you allow us to make it up to you.
New England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was a lackluster hotel, and the night I showed up there were delays in the airline, so the line to register was Looooong. I kind of feel that if the managers know that there are delays, and the the airline is going to send people there, they should have more people (they had one) behind the desk to register people.
The place looked worn. I will try to be optimistic and think that the black hair like objects all over the floor were brushes that broke off from the broom…
On the positive: I slept well, there's a waffle house right across the way, the breakfast was nice and complete, clean eating area, and the rides to the airport were convenient.
I downgraded to a 2 star though because even though I had an airport voucher, I was still charged for the night, and now I have to call them and fight over the charge to my card!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I found this hotel very accommodating and the staff friendly and courteous. I was assigned a room I preferred and given a very reasonable rate. Because of my work schedule I was allowed to use the exercise room earlier then the posted opening time which was really convenient; and it allowed me to stick to my exercise schedule. It is so conveniently close to interstate access.

Room Tip: My requested first floor room included a sleeping and separate sitting area with desk, flat screen T...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!