“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge At Windy Acres

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
The Lodge At Windy Acres
You added The Lodge At Windy Acres to your Saves list
16 Windy Acres Road, Cleveland, GA 30528   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I picked it because of the location. The North Georgia Zoo and Babyland General were literally minutes away. We stayed in the honeymoon suite for $10 more, it's a large carpeted room with quilts and a full-size bed. There was lots of seating, lamps and a sitting area with a TV, alarm clock etc. The bathroom is connected and there's even a night light and a cabinet for your toiletries. No kids or pets are allowed. It was quiet and comfortable. It was built in 1984 and we only saw one other guest/tenant while we were there. There's a large breakfast area and a living room but the couch was normally occupied. The breakfast the first day wasn't great. The hubby said the pancakes tasted like they were reheated. The second day, I ordered toast and eggs which were sublime. We also got juice, bacon (or sausage), coffee or tea. You can check in around noon and checkout is at 11 which is convenient. Although it wasn't modern, it was cozy and about the price of a motel. The best part is that when I left my shoes, they offered to mail them to me. Who does that anymore? There are restaurants in close proximity but I would drive a little further to the Yonah Burger or Cleveland Pharmacy. If you're coming from Atlanta, stop by the Tomato House on your way in to pick up local fruits and honey to snack on. Detour to the Amicalola Falls and the North Georgia Premium Outlets on your way home.

Pros: Hospitality, clean, comfortable bed, wifi, cable, quiet, convenient location.

Cons: No window in the room.

I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is larger and away from the other rooms for privacy (and quiet :). There's a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sautee, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have known Betty for 10 years and have stayed at The Lodge on several occasions. I have never met such a kind person with A++++ hospitality in my life. You will have no cares and will definitely rest in a comfortable atmosphere. While staying there, she cooked a jam=up breakfast and sooooooo good! If you are looking for a kind person to accomodate you and refresh your life, stay at The Lodge. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: the honeymoon suite is the best! I stayed there and totally the best!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Grayson, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

To the "Appalling" Review (spellcheck friend):

I have been haunting The Lodge for a number of years now, and you really don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever heard of extenuating circumstances ? (I'm pretty sure you couldn't spell it). Miss Betty had the decency to call you and let you know what was going on. She was merely HONORING a prior commitment. For the record, we had a reservation the very same weekend (October 22nd), and she called us to explain the situation, and we had no problem changing the date to this weekend.

Anyway, The Lodge rocks folks, and Miss Betty is the sweetest lady ! Awesome place, awesome food, and the perfect place to get away and relax.

You owe it to yourselves to check out The Lodge folks, and not take the word of someone whose never set foot in the place and is talking "smack" on bad information.

Rich from Atlanta

Room Tip: Ask for the Honeymoon Suite ..... we always do.
Commerce, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

My husband & I come to The Lodge every chance we get. A friend turned us on to The Lodge about 4 years ago & we fell in love with The Lodge & Miss Betty. She is the best host you could ever ask for & makes the most wonderful breakfast (especially the home fried potatoes). When we need to get away, The Lodge is our first choice.

Room Tip: We always stay in the "Honeymoon Suite"
Hampton, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Windy Acres Lodge for 6 days and enjoyed it very much !

I can not for the life of me understand what the person who wrote the awful report about Betty Snow is talking about.

What a wonderful host, she is just like visiting a long lost relative, warm and caring.

This a great place to stay.

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have NEVER been witness to such a terrible excuse for a business in my life. We called The Lodge at Windy Acres and inquired about availability. We were told that there was a room available and we RESERVED a room for two nights with the owner Betty. THE NEXT DAY we get a call at 8 o'clock at night from the owner letting us know that she was going to have to cancel our reservation. The reason: There was another couple that had a reservation for the room but they CANCELED. However, after we reserved the room the couple changed their mind so the owner canceled our reservation to accomodate them!! Absolutely pathetic! Betty said that it was here perogative! UNBELIEVABLE! Stay away from this place. Dont even think of making a reservation here unless you want it to be canceled to accomodate another customer...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lodge At Windy Acres? Share your experiences!